Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ray Ray Ravens

A Flacco Thread

437 posts in this topic

So is there any question how well Flacco can play behind a good offensive line? And these last two games have been playoff teams and defenses, mind you.

If we keep Joe protected, he will do great things.

Hate to call out fellow board members, but who/where is the guy who said Schaub was better than Flacco? lol. I believe he stated this after the loss to Broncos.

I'll say it again: Schaub isn't even fit to hold Flacco's jock strap. Never was, never will be. If Flacco had Andre Johnson in his prime in a pass-first offense, he would throw for 4500+ yards and 35+ TDs every year.

[quote name='Raving_Heathen' timestamp='1358123328' post='1310509']
Hate to call out fellow board members, but who/where is the guy who said Schaub was better than Flacco? lol. I believe he stated this after the loss to Broncos.

I'll say it again: Schaub isn't even fit to hold Flacco's jock strap. Never was, never will be. If Flacco had Andre Johnson in his prime in a pass-first offense, he would throw for 4500+ yards and 35+ TDs every year.
[/quote]

Agree 100 percent

[quote name='MTRavensFan' timestamp='1358095980' post='1309456']
I'll take some, pass it on over and I'll share my seat.

I've been saying for a while Joe reminds of an early Elway - flashes of brilliance and promise amid some games where he absolutely sucked. Needed to get a coach/OC who could draw out the brilliance, not highlight his flaws, and have a little patience.
And you seriously called me out on this forum, saying that was a ridiculous comparison because of what Elway did in the PLAYOFFS....

The difference being Elway was a whiny baby about it until he got his way. Joe is the ultimate team player, [b]has handled his situation quietly and with class,[/b] and shouldered blame evem when it probably wasn't his to carry.
[/quote]

Amen, sista! We were both around Denver in Elway's early days and the comparisons of Elway and Flacco are not that far off. One big advantage Joe has over Elway is that skills can be developed, but class? You either have it or you don't - Joe has it in spades.

It's unbelievable, how little respect Joe gets. I've read a bunch of Flacco related articles and almost all of them begin with "Joe might never be elite". Really? Passing judgment on a guys career in just his 5th season. I hate sports analysts so much.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1358132602' post='1310943']
So, because Matty Ice "won" his first game.....
Does this means he is "elite"
[/quote]

not at all. he blew a 20 point lead to a rookie at HIS dome and probably should have lost if carroll didn't give them the game. I wish coaches WOULD STOP icing the kicker. time after time this we've seen it come back to bite you, off the top of my head Rex against the phins.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1358132602' post='1310943']
So, because Matty Ice "won" his first game.....
Does this means he is "elite"
[/quote]
In Ryan's defense he's faced the NFC winner every year.

[quote name='izvoodoo' timestamp='1358133796' post='1310983']
In Ryan's defense he's faced the NFC winner every year.
[/quote]

So? That's when you step up and show people you can win a big game. Ryan only now did that this year and he and Joe came into the league in the same draft.

[quote name='Bravens292' timestamp='1358133757' post='1310982']
not at all. he blew a 20 point lead to a rookie at HIS dome and probably should have lost if carroll didn't give them the game. I wish coaches WOULD STOP icing the kicker. time after time this we've seen it come back to bite you, off the top of my head Rex against the phins.
[/quote]
I'm a bit upset that Carroll was giving away the game with stupid idea of icing the kicker. He should try 65yd FG rather than hail marry pass.

Ryan was lucky to win that game with 2 ints....

[quote name='INRavensgirl' timestamp='1358134029' post='1310993']
So? That's when you step up and show people you can win a big game. Ryan only now did that this year and he and Joe came into the league in the same draft.
[/quote]
And it took a bunch of drafts and the trade for an elite WR to do so. SMH

Flacco can really turn some heads with a win next week. Making it to a playoff game in each of his 1st 5 seasons and then a Super Bowl appearance! The critics would have no choice but to reevaluate him!

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1358135576' post='1311039']
Flacco can really turn some heads with a win next week. Making it to a playoff game in each of his 1st 5 seasons and then a Super Bowl appearance! The critics would have no choice but to reevaluate him!
[/quote]
My pops says if he wins the SB he would go down as one of the greatest young QBs ever, and go into near Aaron Rodgers statusw

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1358137130' post='1311088']
My pops says if he wins the SB he would go down as one of the greatest young QBs ever, and go into near Aaron Rodgers statusw
[/quote]

Haha, I love 'Pops'! And Flacco would have more playoff wins than Rodgers!

[quote name='AsianRice' timestamp='1358134947' post='1311018']
I'm a bit upset that Carroll was giving away the game with stupid idea of icing the kicker. He should try 65yd FG rather than hail marry pass.

Ryan was lucky to win that game with 2 ints....
[/quote]

The odds of completing a hail mary or drawing PI are much, much greater than hitting a 65 yard FG

Look how good flacco can play when the line blocks for him, either trade up in the draft and get an elite prospect or trade for one!

[quote name='INRavensgirl' timestamp='1358134029' post='1310993']
[/quote]
I'm just saying he could have been in 3 NFC championships with a different bracket, probably not. I'm just saying of all possible play off first round match ups he has had the hardest every time.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1358137605' post='1311099']

The odds of completing a hail mary or drawing PI are much, much greater than hitting a 65 yard FG
[/quote]

Bull! When do last minute 50+ yard hail marys work?

[quote name='izvoodoo' timestamp='1358137750' post='1311102']
I'm just saying he could have been in 3 NFC championships with a different bracket, probably not. [b] I'm just saying of all possible play off first round match ups he has had the hardest every time.
[/b][/quote]

And we haven't? You saying we've had an easy time of it the last five seasons?

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1358046969' post='1307979']
All that needs to be said. Just pay him. I can live with the regular season jibberish, the is he elite or is he not nonsense, because the man is a fire breathing dragon that eats lightning and craps thunder when it matters.
[/quote]
Quote of the year! Making this part of my sig haha

[quote name='INRavensgirl' timestamp='1358139350' post='1311130']
And we haven't? You saying we've had an easy time of it the last five seasons?
[/quote]
I think Flacco is better than Matt Ryan despite stats. I'm only arguing in Matt Ryan's defense he's had a really tough draw. If he played anyone besides green bay the year they had the #1 seed they would have won.

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1358139031' post='1311123']
Bull! When do last minute 50+ yard hail marys work?
[/quote]

haha, the funny thing is, a certain play completely escaped my mind when I said that

[quote name='RavenzAllDay' timestamp='1358137622' post='1311100']
Look how good flacco can play when the line blocks for him, either trade up in the draft and get an elite prospect or trade for one!
[/quote]

Brotha, I've been beating that horse for a few years now... It's time we started taking our OL seriously again

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1358137476' post='1311096']
Haha, I love 'Pops'! And Flacco would have more playoff wins than Rodgers!
[/quote]

Doesn't even need to win the Super Bowl to have more playoff wins than Rodgers, 'cuz he already does, haha. 7 wins for Flacco, 5 for Rodgers.

In fact, the only active quarterbacks with more playoff wins than Flacco are Eli Manning (8), Peyton Manning (9), Ben Roethlisberger (10), and Tom Brady (17).

If Flacco won the Super Bowl this year, he would be tied with Peyton Manning's career number of post-season wins AND Super Bowl wins. Fascinating.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1358053717' post='1308522']
They calling the 70 yarder miracle at mile high the Flacco Fling... I like it
[url="http://www.newschannel10.com/story/20572513/ravens-top-broncos-in-double-ot-38-35?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter"]http://www.newschann..._medium=twitter[/url]
[/quote]

i would personally call it a "miracle" cause it was 3rd & 3 i believe...when Flacco threw that pass. so we still had another down to take another shot at a first down etc. but, i like this part of the article:

Somewhere up there in the all-time playoff archives near the "Hail Mary" by Staubach and the "Immaculate Reception" by Franco now lives the [b]"Flacco Fling"[/b] by the Baltimore Ravens quarterback.

"THE FLACCO FLING" has been born!! lol!

~Mili

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1358175387' post='1311370']
i would personally call it a "miracle" cause it was 3rd & 3 i believe...when Flacco threw that pass. so we still had another down to take another shot at a first down etc. but, i like this part of the article:

Somewhere up there in the all-time playoff archives near the "Hail Mary" by Staubach and the "Immaculate Reception" by Franco now lives the [b]"Flacco Fling"[/b] by the Baltimore Ravens quarterback.

"THE FLACCO FLING" has been born!! lol!

~Mili
[/quote]

hahaha I like that. "The Flacco Fling." I disagree with identifying this pass as a Hail Mary. It might just be my view, but Hail Mary's are when you've sent every single receiver into the end zone (or very close) and just throw the ball up for grabs, hoping one of your guys come down with it. Flacco saw Jones, sent this pass to Jones, and Jones managed to beat his man deep, saw the ball, adjusted to the ball, and went in. Not my definition of a Hail Mary.

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1358079304' post='1309118']
Give him a break maybe. He was on here BEFORE the game saying he thought Flacco would have a big game and lead us to the win.
[/quote]

Thanks Ravens fan and Cosmic Panda...

The truth is after the in season Denver game I didn't think it was possible to have a change of heart. Flacco has done much since to change my thinking on him and his place among NFL quarterbacks. While I questioned his ability , I've never questioned his toughness or heart. If Ray passed the torch to him that is the ultimate piece of evidence that this guy has what it takes not only to lead but win.

Being a lifetime baseball fan and thinking about the baseball HOF, Jack Morris and Andy Pettitte specifically (although he isn't retired) Some guys are just winners, they are best when the chips are down. I'll admit months ago I'd argue until I'm blue in the face Flacco wasn't that type of player but after Sunday he proved to everyone he is that guy.

I'm not too big to admit I was wrong on Flacco , I'm estatic I was wrong, a good or great Joe Flacco makes it easier for this franchise to do well in the future. I'll be wearing the Flacco jersey again this week and I hope the Flacco legend continues to grow.

Hindsight being 20/20 I really believe if the Ravens cut the cord with Cam in the offseason the whole offense would have been better.

After Joe Linta's remarks about Joe being top-5 or better, I am seriously concerned about our contract situation. So much that we may have no choice but to tag Flacco. It sounds like they are going to be asking for some serious cash for Flacco.