Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info ยป
Close

Photo

Extend McKinnie's contract

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Gashman

Gashman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

How clutch has he been? Bring him back

#2 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

More importantly, he proves we need to find a young NFL caliber left tackle.

#3 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,758 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

I said this in the game thread but I can see us consider bringing him back. The problem is he has serious consistency issues and has an issue with dedication in the offseason. I can see us bringing him back, though.

#4 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,613 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Extend, draft succesor........
Simple as hell

#5 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

i'll admit hes been great the last 2 games but that doesn't change my mind we need to get a younger and more balanced LT this offseason. I think the last 2 games have shown THIS is the best 5 we have. At least if we had to find the best 5 sometime, let it be in the playoffs.
"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#6 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Yup i definitely think we should. Our best option at LT at this point.

Edited by bauer77, 12 January 2013 - 09:44 PM.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#7 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,629 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

The past two games to me solidifies that we are going to jump up in the draft for a LT. We won't resign McKinnie because he breaks down too fast and he's old.

But I think the last two games definitely shows what Flacco can do with protection and that Ozzie will try to jump up for a quality LT prospect.

#8 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,414 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

What this move shows me is KO is a left tackle and oher is a very good right tackle. He dominated von millar minus maybe two plays all game. I'd be happy with McKinnie being resigned as long as we get someone behind him to push him.

#9 Defence_Is_Salvation

Defence_Is_Salvation

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

If we don't draft Aboushi or Wagner. We'll have too. I'm prepared to let Oher walk in 2014 if he doesn't lift his game.

#10 Raving_Heathen

Raving_Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

I said this in the game thread but I can see us consider bringing him back. The problem is he has serious consistency issues and has an issue with dedication in the offseason. I can see us bringing him back, though.

This.

Let's see how he plays the rest of the playoffs.

#11 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

I was initially against it, but I would be in favor of a one year deal so we can draft a great prospect at LT to groom. McKinnie would be great insurance if the draft does not turn out.

#12 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,203 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

The past two games to me solidifies that we are going to jump up in the draft for a LT. We won't resign McKinnie because he breaks down too fast and he's old.

But I think the last two games definitely shows what Flacco can do with protection and that Ozzie will try to jump up for a quality LT prospect.

Agreed. If anything this just shows the other parts of the line are where they should be. We still need a LT. Regular Season motivation has been a problem with McKinnie the past few years. I have no doubt about him bringing it in the post season. But next year he'll be a year older, etc.
Posted Image

#13 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,925 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Yup i definitely think we should. Our best option at LT at this point.

I would have said no, but seeing McKinnie play the past two games at LT, shows that we should give him a 1-2 year contract where he plays LT with Oher staying at RT. Plus I also believe re-signing McKinnie allows us to go elsewhere in the Draft in the first or second rounds, and with another year of McKinnie in 2013 could just be a bridge to 2014 when we could jump up in the Draft for Taylor Lewan or Jake Matthews for our Franchise LT.

#14 Raving_Heathen

Raving_Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

All this talk about McKinnie's lack of motivation made me think. If the Ravens win the SB, he should definitely not be brought back. He would probably take the term, "SB hangover" to an all new level. lol.

#15 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I would have said no, but seeing McKinnie play the past two games at LT, shows that we should give him a 1-2 year contract where he plays LT with Oher staying at RT. Plus I also believe re-signing McKinnie allows us to go elsewhere in the Draft in the first or second rounds, and with another year of McKinnie in 2013 could just be a bridge to 2014 when we could jump up in the Draft for Taylor Lewan or Jake Matthews for our Franchise LT.

Completely agree. If you would've asked me before the playoffs, it would've been a definite no. Now, after these last 2 weeks, its changed for me. Plus not to mention, McKinnie won't be expensive.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#16 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,203 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

I think we would be doing ourselves a disservice if neglect the LT position (especially since it looks like Oher is not the answer). We can't ride McKinnie and Birk until the wheels fall off. Because if we do, its going to be tough keeping Joe upright for a while.
Posted Image

#17 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

He sure helped to keep the pressure off of Flacco!

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

You get used to it. Even posts that don't violate the rules aren't safe.

Ray Guy to the NFL Hall of Fame

#18 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

I think we would be doing ourselves a disservice if neglect the LT position (especially since it looks like Oher is not the answer). We can't ride McKinnie and Birk until the wheels fall off. Because if we do, its going to be tough keeping Joe upright for a while.

I'm pretty sure this team is happy with Grodkowski starting at center. They seem really high on him.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#19 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

We won't be able to extend Mckinnie. Some team will end up overpaying for his services which is unfortunate because I'd like to have him back.

#20 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,751 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

This is an entirely different oline! And we got healthy at the right time! Ruh roh!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users