Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Stars of the Game (Denver)

79 posts in this topic

Soooooooooo many!!!!!!!!!

First and foremost:

Danell Ellerbe - UNREAL performance. I think he's our DMVP for the year to be honest
Corey Graham - Self explanatory
Joe Flacco - I'm putting it out there now. He's a GREAT quarterback. He plays his butt off in every important game and he deserves to get a NICE payday.
[b]OLINE[/b] - Are you kidding me? All we heard about this week was Miller, Dumervil, Miller, Dumervil, Miller, Dumervil......show some love for these guys baby
Ray Lewis - Another historic performance
Ray Rice - No fumbles, stuck with it after being stuffed a lot and made some HUGE plays
Torrey Smith -Self explanatory

More great performances:
-Sam Koch - punting especially in OT was beautiful.
-Justin Tucker - CLUTCH....what a signing
-Anquan Boldin - made some great plays
-Dennis Pitta - also some great plays
-Jacoby Jones - Dropped a key one, but can you say redemption???? Miracle TD
-Paul Kruger - Pretty much the only one consistently getting in Peyton's face. DOn't get me wrong, Suggs, Mcphee, and Ngata all had some good plays too, but Paul was the best IMO.
-Chykie Brown - Was quiet this game, but against Manning that is a[b] good thing[/b].

Probably forgot someone let me know

Can't agree with Chykie! Those penalties... But I'm not mad! One more week to improve!

Haha I think we ALL know what this is about.

JT came up HUGE! Big respect in the rookie hitting a 47 yarder to WIN the game.

The OP mentioned mostly everyone deserving.

Narrowing it down, Flacco, Q, Pitta, Yanda, Ellerbe and Graham stood out of the most to me.

Still, it's a beautiful thing when you can point to so many key contributors.

Corey Graham made the big plays when we needed them. Unreal performance.

It's just amazing how the entire team came together and when EVERYONE counted them out, they all did their part to complete the impossible come back.

I'm proud to be a Ravens fan.

[quote name='bravensfan52' timestamp='1358043032' post='1307409']
Real question is how do we pay flacco and Kruger
[/quote]

Kruger isn't coming back, as they said in pregame, Ellerbe will get the money and he deserves it

Tucker instead of Cundiff.

Jacoby instead of Evans.

That's how you run addition by subtraction.

The O-line was the star of this game. Sure Torrey, Jacoby, Joe, and Boldin made some big plays. But the O-Line made that possible.

Against the fierce pass rush of the Broncos. I rarely heard Von Miller or Dumervil's name. That formation was the key. Everybody in their natural position.

I think Flacco connecting with Pitta in OT to get the Ravens out of their own end zone was the [b]biggest play of the game[/b]. It set up a good field position for the team and set up Manning to make the crucial mistake to win us the game.

I was just amazed at their play. Right from the get go. I think we only had one false start on the road.

McKinnie is motivated. Everybody is in their strongest spot. Just incredible by them. If they let Joe get hit early on, this is a different ballgame. I love those guys today.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1358043333' post='1307453']
The O-line was the star of this game. Sure Torrey, Jacoby, Joe, and Boldin made some big plays. But the O-Line made that possible.

Against the fierce pass rush of the Broncos. I rarely heard Von Miller or [b]Dumervil's nam[/b]e. That formation was the key. Everybody in their natural position.
[/quote]
Aside from those early jumps.

Michael Oher got beaten a couple of times that I saw, but the line was unbelievable today. Give us a longer-term LT instead of McKinnie and that should be our formation going forwards.

[quote name='PolishRifle' timestamp='1358043411' post='1307475']
I think Flacco connecting with Pitta in OT to get the Ravens out of their own end zone was the [b]biggest play of the game[/b]. It set up a good field position for the team and set up Manning to make the crucial mistake to win us the game.
[/quote]

that was HUGE perfect throw and catch

[quote name='PolishRifle' timestamp='1358043411' post='1307475']
[/quote]
imo flacco to jacoby was the play of the game. that play made everything that happend in OT possible...

[quote name='pep_meister' timestamp='1358043921' post='1307570']
imo flacco to jacoby was the play of the game. that play made everything that happend in OT possible...
[/quote]

Yeah, Joe made a LOT of great plays that kept us in the game. Like everyone said, if Joe wants to be considered elite, he needed to step up in this game, outplaying the elites. Well...he did.

The pass to Jacoby was huge, but the pass to Pitta was just beautiful. Flacco, Pitta, Torrey, Rice. That's the future of the Ravens franchise. Odd thing to say about offensive Baltimore players. It's a new era now, I guess. And I love it.^^

Ray Lewis. He led both teams in tackles. He played out of his mind. He played like it was his last game.

Flacco. He stepped up like he always does. His WRs didn't let him down too much.

Corey Graham. The next Ed Reed.

Dannell Ellerbe. He is playing out of his mind. I am beginning to think the Ravens feel content with Ellerbe and don't draft an ILB early because of it.

yeah the o line definitely has to get some high praise for this one. i think joe was only sacked once, arent too sure though. and joe flacco showed again why he is our franchise qb. pay the man, let the critics keep talking. and my man t sizzle came to play finally! picked the right game to step up. i could add a whole bunch of other players, but it would take to long lol

[quote name='BALTIMOREFLACCO' timestamp='1358044398' post='1307644']
Another HUGE play was Jimmy Smith's tackle on the punt return.....too bad he couldn't do it on the TD lol
[/quote]

Beat me to it. Field position was absolutely paramount at that time and the way he way tracked down Holliday was awesome.

Corey Graham, Joe Flacco, Torrey Smith, Dannell Ellerbe, the Oline. I could keep going. A great win. What a game.

[quote name='Ravens_fan' timestamp='1358044722' post='1307690']
O-line
[/quote]

If you really think about how much we were [profanity deleted]ing about Oher this week, and the game he had today. I just have to say sorry to Oher. He did it when it mattered today.

Just keep it up!

I'll tell you who wasn't the star of the game. ST coverage. What the hell happened there.

At least they redeemed themselves later on. Especially the big tackle by Jimmy.

McPhee biased maybe but his sack fumble is what helped us win maybe not the brightest star but he deserves some love.

I said at the end of last year Rice needed to step up his postseason play and he really has. I was sketchy giving him a big contract knowing his postseason history, but he's probably the most improved player in the postseason IMO. He's averaging close to 4.5 yards a carry, the first time he's gone over 3 yards a carry in the postseason since 2009. And I've noticed a lot of his better running performances have come post-Cam. Maybe I should say the true unsung hero of our postseason is Jim Caldwell, who seems to be putting everyone in position to succeed.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1358045215' post='1307748']
If you really think about how much we were [profanity deleted]ing about Oher this week, and the game he had today. I just have to say sorry to Oher. He did it when it mattered today.

Just keep it up!
[/quote]

He played well. I like this O-line...I wonder if the mckinnie situation was the team not wanting to pay him the roster bonus or if they were wanting to keep him fresh.

[quote name='Ravens_fan' timestamp='1358046995' post='1307982']
He played well. I like this O-line...I wonder if the mckinnie situation was the team not wanting to pay him the roster bonus or if they were wanting to keep him fresh.
[/quote]

In my opinion. I really think they were worried about his motivation during the regular season. I don't think it had to do with money. I think the Ravens thought their best oline to start the season was without McKinnie.

After Jacoby dropped that 3rd down pass I didn't know what to think. He 100% redeemed himself. The stress level of that game was enormous. I almost had to go to sleep and just hope to wake up to a good score with the nervousness I was getting. I was really doubtful towards the end but I never stopped believing. Amazing game.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1358047887' post='1308066']
In my opinion. I really think they were worried about his motivation during the regular season. I don't think it had to do with money. I think the Ravens thought their best oline to start the season was without McKinnie.
[/quote]

Either way, I'm glad it's working now.

[quote name='Pats' timestamp='1358043224' post='1307440']
the entire defense
[/quote]
I agree 100% with this eloquent response.

Flacco was the MVP of the game. The last couple games this guy is making some remarkable throws. I mean the ones you just can't wrap your mind around. 50 yards in the air against a pro bowl defender twice on the money. First throw he throws it so he can run under the ball and the second so he can jump and make the play. Unreal. I said this last week he is making throws that only 3-4 quarterbacks in the league can make.

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1358046788' post='1307962']
is THE WHOLE TEAM !! An answer ?
[/quote]

I agree with this. I was so proud of all of these guys today. ST gave up 2 big plays, that's true but I did see about two blocks in the back on that punt return. The kickoff return was clean.

That O line. Just amazing turnaround for them. Brown/Graham....who knew? Sure Brown had some penalties (deserved) but he can work on that and I'm sure he will. I'm hoping they're over the whole Blindside thing now. Oher is in the position he plays best. Leave him there.

Flacco. What can you say? Overthrew Torrey on that one play but kept his cool and just kept fighting. Made amazing throws.

Just a great overall job today.

It was a great team win. A few points:

1. How about Jimmy Smith's clutch tackle to pin the Broncos back in overtime?
2. With kicks like that Justin Tucker's new name is going to be "Money".
3. Chykie Brown, Corey Graham and Cary Williams are playing great!

[quote name='Fang' timestamp='1358084965' post='1309193']
[/quote]
When Tucker is at M&T Bank he's Money. Money in the bank.

Can't give enough props to Justin Tucker! Only one kick, but HE made it!

what happened against the Bronco's ...was not a result of a single play or player, it was a combination effort from the TEAM, a roster is built up of players and coaches, collectively doing their part in acheiving the ultimate goal....thats what we saw from the Game. a unified triumph.... i could not be more proud

[quote name='Fang' timestamp='1358084965' post='1309193']
It was a great team win. A few points:

1. How about Jimmy Smith's clutch tackle to pin the Broncos back in overtime?
3. Chykie Brown, Corey Graham and Cary Williams are playing great!
[/quote]

#3, I wouldn't go there with Cary. They were able to pick on him for the most the game. Got a few flags. But having Graham and Brown play so well helps to offset Cary.

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1358047702' post='1308050']
The Ravens!
[/quote]

This.......with honorable mentions to Mr. Flacco, the O line and the DDDDD!