Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cursona pirate

AFC Championship Game: Baltimore @ New England

1,095 posts in this topic

My original post would have been "dropped passes squash us again " however I am happy to report that this is not your Daddy's Ravens! these men In purple and black are the real deal! We are moving on!

Flacco outplays Manning in his house .

Repeat : Flacco outplays Manning in his house

Repest : Flacco outplayed Brady last year too .

I give a SLIGHT edge to the Pats just b/c of what happened in last years AFC Championship game.

But if we get the Texans I won't be upset b/c it will give us a chance to avenge our two worst losses of this season. (Broncos, Texans)

Voted Pats, but I wouldn't mind @Texans, so we can return the whooping they put on us earlier in the year. But Texans aren't beating the Pats. Yeah, yeah, we beat the Broncos and Manning, which is a miracle, but the Texans beating the Pats is even more improbable. The Ravens had at least tons of playoff/big game experience on their side and beat the defending SB champs coming in. Texans are toast imo.

I want New England.

Honestly, it would be perfect.

Beat Colts in Wildcard.
Beat Manning in Divisional.
Beat Brady and Patriots in AFCCG.
Beat Matt Ryan and Falcons in Super bowl.

Could a season be any more perfect?

I'll take either one. Sort of prefer the Patriots. I prefer being outdoors and I think we can exact revenge.

But if we go to Houston. Whatever. We go, where the AFC championship tells us to go.

[quote name='jimmypowder' timestamp='1358042558' post='1307337']
Flacco outplays Manning in his house .

Repeat : Flacco outplays Manning in his house

Repest : Flacco outplayed Brady last year too .
[/quote]

This is what I told Mrs. Havoc tonight. Flacco and the Ravens outplayed a SB champion 1st seed QB in HIS OWN HOUSE. We DID beat Brady in his last year, and the Foster/Watt show is all hype. I don't care who we play next week. We can bring them both down. And the way the 9ers are playing the Pack so far, they may be able to go the whole way.

Harbowl, anyone?

We beat the Patriots back in Week 3, so for me I want to get revenge on the Texans for that beating they gave us.

I know the comparisons are going to roll in from the general media soon, so I'm getting there first.

2011 Giants: Got # 4 seed in the NFC, beat the #5 seed without allowing a touchdown, then beat the #1 seed in a huge upset.

2012 Ravens: Got #4 seed in the AFC, beat the #5 seed without allowing a touchdown, then beat the #1 seed in a huge upset.

Coincidence?

It's always nice to be able to sit back and watch two teams play, secure in the knowledge that you're already playing next week. So, the question is, who are you rooting for? Would you rather get a second chance at Houston to show what a fluke week 6 was? Or, do you want set the stage just like it was last year, and rewrite history?
Personally, I want NE. I know we already beat them and it would be nice to get back at Houston. But, the loss to NE in the playoffs last year will always sting. How about the new AFC rivalry? It looks like Baltimore-New England is taking over where Indianapolis-New England left off. They always play the most entertaining games, and I want to see it one more time this year.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1358043785' post='1307547']
Beat Matt Ryan and Falcons in Super bowl.
[/quote]

No offense man, but Ryan isn't getting to the SB. Doubt they'll beat the Seahawks, who are absolutely legit and imho are far better than the Falcons. But if Atlanta somehow does win, they aren't getting by the Pack or the Niners.

At this point bring on whoever. The D held Peyton and the refs in check for the most part. Smoking Joe and the offense took it to probably the best defense left in the playoffs, well they're not in it now, but this team is locked in. I'm not even concerned with the ST unit.

Nobody gave the Ravens a shot, good thing they took their own shots.