Kickoff Week Events      You Pick The Team      Roster      Watch Games Online   

Photo

End around

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 TheMadRaven

TheMadRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Even without Cam...... SMH
Fair weather fans need not apply.

#2 blitzking33

blitzking33

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Really?

#3 baltravens

baltravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Hey man, we could run end arounds 50% of the time, but if we win like we did today and Caldwell call the type of game he called today in the process, I could care less!

#4 JayDaRavensFan

JayDaRavensFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

Can we please stop bashing the end around from here on out. Just about every team has it in the playbook and we have run it successfully before. I remember people hating it because it was the only way the ball got in the hands of our speed guy a couple years ago who i believe was Stallworth who had more rushes than catches. Please dead this issue.

#5 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,053 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

They work when used right (just like multiple receiver sets). The problem is, was, and will always be that Cam is an absolutely terrible situational play-caller.

#6 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Can we please stop bashing the end around from here on out. Just about every team has it in the playbook and we have run it successfully before. I remember people hating it because it was the only way the ball got in the hands of our speed guy a couple years ago who i believe was Stallworth who had more rushes than catches. Please dead this issue.

Exactly. Cam didnt utilize Stallworth's speed in the passing game as a deep threat. The play was not the problem, Cam was.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

#7 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,299 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Really? This is stupid. It's just an end around. If it went for a touchdown you'd be saying it was genius. Come on.

#8 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

This is the first time Caldwell has run it...its in everyone's playbook that has some sort of fast WR. I agree with The Raven.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#9 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,415 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

When the play happened, Torrey stopped running going towards the sidelines and got hit pretty hard. I wonder what he was thinking?

#10 redrum52

redrum52

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

An end around(single not plural) is not bad. When we bring in a player known for their speed to only run end arounds then we have a problem. I like that he opened up the playbook early. That was to keep em guessing and keep the pass rush off them. All that helped affect how they would pressure later.