Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Thunderbird

The Bets Are In! (Mayor Vs Mayor)

60 posts in this topic

[color=#000000][size=5][size=4]Interesting wagers this year versus just wearing the other team's jersey as in previous years. We can't allow Washington Monument to be disrespected! [/size][/size][/color][color=#800080][size=5][size=4][i][b]GO RAVENS!!![/b][/i][/size][/size][/color]

[b][size=5][color=#800080]Denver mayor agrees to perform Ray Lewis dance if Ravens win[/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3]As part of bet, Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake agrees to light Washington Monument in blue and orange should Broncos win[/size][/b]

[size=2]By Luke Broadwater The Baltimore Sun [/size]
[size=2]4:32 p.m. EST, January 11, 2013[/size]

In a bet with Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, Hancock promised to perform star Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis' famous pre-game dance in the event of a Baltimore playoff victory Saturday night.

For her part, Rawlings-Blake said she will light Baltimore’s historic Washington Monument in blue and orange Broncos colors should the Peyton Manning-led Denver squad emerge victorious.

[url="http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/blog/bal-denver-mayor-agrees-to-perform-ray-lewis-famous-dance-if-ravens-win-20130111,0,3209379.story"]http://www.baltimore...0,3209379.story[/url]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Oh man... now we've got to win. To see the Mayor of Denver doing the Squirrel...[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]You think Reggie Wayne was a crybaby... those Denver fans are going to be PO'd.[/i][/font]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1357959595' post='1302489']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Oh man... now we've got to win. To see the Mayor of Denver doing the Squirrel...[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]You think Reggie Wayne was a crybaby... those Denver fans are going to be PO'd.[/i][/font]
[/quote]lmao......thanks the mayor for the extra motivation! Lewis will make you squirrel...

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1357962009' post='1302530']
Oh u got the smh for wrong usage
[/quote]
Damnit! :P
Anyone putting a wager on the game? I am in a playoff poll

Yea actually got a few going at work.. Don't do money..

But stuff like ill wear a broncos tshirt to work one day/ betting a drink with someone else..

Nothing major

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1357962215' post='1302535']
Yea actually got a few going at work.. Don't do money..

But stuff like ill wear a broncos tshirt to work one day/ betting a drink with someone else..

Nothing major
[/quote]
I would wear a SF wins the SB shirt even if they lose. Some already have the shirts ready

the govenor's have a bet too . if we win the govenor gets a dozen lamb chops and if they win there govenor gets a dozen crab cakes .

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1357969261' post='1302600']
I wonder how Washington feels about his monument being used as part of a sports wager...
[/quote]

That was the first thing I thought, too. Especially since it's in DC, not Baltimore. It's kind of like betting somebody else's money.
Nonetheless, I always like when I hear about things like this. It really gets the whole city (or surrounding city, as the case may be) involved and supporting the team.
Nothing would be better than to see the Denver mayor have to do Ray's dance.

I get that. I'd rather it be more personal, as I can imagine those who aren't football fans at all won't be too thrilled to see colors that mean nothing to them. Something else might be better, but I don't have a problem with it. All in good fun.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1357973733' post='1302628']
You're welcome.

Personally, I feel such use of the monument is very disrespectful.
[/quote]

Me too. If only Peyton had a signature dance!

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1357974669' post='1302638']
Me too. If only Peyton had a signature dance!
[/quote]

He does. It's oddly similar to trotting off the field with his head down after a playoff loss. Funny how one game from six years ago can make everybody forget how a guy was considered a choke artist in the biggest games, huh? New Orleans pick six, anyone?

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1358043734' post='1307534']
Can't wait to see the Mayor of Denver do the Ray Lewis dance!
[/quote]

I hope we can get a video.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1358043734' post='1307534']
Can't wait to see the Mayor of Denver do the Ray Lewis dance!
[/quote]

get to dancing mayor...get to dancing!

~Mili

[quote name='ravensfan2424' timestamp='1358047389' post='1308021']
Does anyone know if a video will be posted? I would LOVE to see him Dance
[/quote]

Check YouTube about 5 minutes after it happens.

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1358048056' post='1308093']
Coulda just used the thread that already exists. No?
[/quote]
missed it haha, sorry

Can't wait to see Michael Hancock make an attempt at the legendary Squirrel Dance.

Too bad they won't have a life size Ashley Fox doll standing next to him with flames shooting out of her head!

[color=#ff0000][b]Per [/b][b]KUSA-TV 9 (Denver):[/b][/color]

[b]Hancock loses bet, must do Ray Lewis dance[/b]

[size=2]Raquel Villanueva[/size]
[size=2]2:35 PM, Jan 14, 2013 [/size]

KUSA - Denver Mayor Michael Hancock now has to make good on bet wagered with the mayor of Baltimore.

No word yet on when Hancock will dance.

[url="http://www.9news.com/sports/article/310531/295/Hancock-loses-bet-must-do-Ray-Lewis-dance"]http://www.9news.com/sports/article/310531/295/Hancock-loses-bet-must-do-Ray-Lewis-dance[/url]

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1358217853' post='1312481']
[color=#ff0000][b]Per [/b][b]KUSA-TV 9 (Denver):[/b][/color]

[b]Hancock loses bet, must do Ray Lewis dance[/b]

[size=2]Raquel Villanueva[/size]
[size=2]2:35 PM, Jan 14, 2013 [/size]

KUSA - Denver Mayor Michael Hancock now has to make good on bet wagered with the mayor of Baltimore.

No word yet on when Hancock will dance.

[url="http://www.9news.com/sports/article/310531/295/Hancock-loses-bet-must-do-Ray-Lewis-dance"]http://www.9news.com...Ray-Lewis-dance[/url]
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Boooooooooooooooo!!![/i][/font]