53-Man Roster      Practice Squad      Kickoff Week      #PlayLikeARaven   

Photo

[News] Byrne Identity: Ravens Have No Chance – Really?

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,124 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Yes, the Broncos are really good. But let's take a closer look. Plus Chris Berman stands alone.

View the full article

#2 M@rtinez

M@rtinez

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

ArggggggHhhhh!!! a caged animal

#3 Rahul

Rahul

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Ahh what a relief from all the negativity the whole week, Thanks Kevin ! Now lets Wreak Havoc and get the W.... GO RAVENS....

#4 313pontiac

313pontiac

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

thats right , everybody writes the ravens off , I can't wait until saturday night when all these commentators around the country EAT their words , GO RAVENS, BRING IT HOME

#5 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

I never wanted a win so bad in my life. Man we are getting hated on. But they will see. Purple Power!

#6 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

See where the pundits are going wrong...check this out.
  • Ed Reed won Defensive player of the year in what 2004? People didn't start talking about Ed Reed...they were still on Ray Lewis
  • They probably didn't start talking about Ed Reed until 2008 or so, but by that time, it was all about Haloti Ngata
  • Then in 2011, it was all about the Lardarious Webb Show, but folks didn't bother to mention him. They were talking about Ed Reed (finally), and saying the defense is old
  • I just heard Kari Champion ask - will Ray Lewis make a difference because he wasn't in the first game. Teams were rushing for maaaad yards against the Ravens with Ray in the game early in the season, so if one was half smart, they would assume the same result (Even though we've tightened things up)...but they aren't assuming that
They are asking the wrong questions, making the wrong assumptions. These folks don't go to the bar to watch all the games. They watch their favorite teams, they watch highlights of all the teams, and they read up on stats. That's why, only Mike and Mike have said we're picking the Ravens, because they do a little more than everybody else.

People should feel real funny about situations like this where the masses go with one side.

#7 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

awesome article now lets go hunting ,,broncos. go ravens!!

#8 M@rtinez

M@rtinez

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

ArggggggHhhhh!!! a caged animal...(and saying in our head)"Lift the lock"...#Ravensnation Hunger

#9 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

BTW - Chris Berman is in love with the Ravens. He comes to visit. He always picks us to go to the Super Bowl. I don't know what it is, but he likes us, and we like him

#10 chevalier

chevalier

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

I will be at Mile High this Saturday. No one gave us a shot in NE last January. The line was 7 for us at least. And we know how tight that game turned out. Peyton has done a number on us - except week 15, which woulda been a mess against anyone given our OC situation, that was ALL before we had the offensive set we have now with an experience Flacco, Torrey, a seasoned and fresh Rice, BP, and Boldin. Just saying, I feel strangely good about this one.

#11 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Where's my helmet and pads? Kevin, you've got me ready to suit up!

I made it a point to wear my Lewis jersey today, will wear it again tomorrow. Going to enjoy wearing it this weekend and the next three as well... all the way to New Orleans!

#12 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Brady awaits us in a week in Foxboro. Let's take care of Manning and go back to New England and show them that Tucker is no Cundiff.

#13 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,677 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

That jerk writer from DEN not only said Ray would go out a loser ... he referred to him as "washed up". Wow! Ray may not be what he once was - but washed up? I mean, write to inspire your fans, but please ... but how dare you level such disrespect to one of the greatest who has played the game. Sick.

#14 Ravenk3n

Ravenk3n

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

Let's just stay under the radar until the Superbowl, although after we beat Denver it will be hard to do.....LOL GO RAVENSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

#15 Ravenade

Ravenade

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

http://www.denverbro...s/schedule.html
Above is the Broncos schedule this year. Who'd they beat in their 11 game winning streak? Kansas City Twice, Oakland Twice, San Diego Twice, Cleveland, Cincinatti, Carolina, a hobbled Saints at the time, and a very hobbled us with three of our four leading tacklers in Ray Lewis, Dannell Ellerbe, and Bernard Pollard were out with injuries. Not to mention Suggs and Ngata playing with injuries. It was Jim Caldwells FIRST game as a OC (Sorry about the caps, I'm not trying to be rude, I just wanted to emphasize how important that fact is) that new OC was missing Marshall Yanda, our best run blocker, and Ed Dickson, another important piece in the run block game. Our run game was awful and their pass rush got to us because of the bad play calling. But since then, Jim Caldwell has gained tremendous respect from our team in the way he's called plays. Our offense is healthy and our OC has gotten more experience. Flacco is amazingin the playoffs, doesn't matter if it's cold or not! And Peyton Manning is 0-3 in playoff games when kickoff is under 40 degress. It's going to be 18! He has a Touchdown/Interception ratio of 1/7 in those games. Our running game gets going in the playoffs and when it's cold and our one-two punch of running power is going to give us life this time. I don't really know how important the air is, I don't know if Peyton Manning is going to perform or if the Broncos defense is going to be able to contain us but if I were making the odds I wouldn't put the Ravens as 9.5 underdogs...no I would not. I would put it at just about even. The Broncos have the advantage, I can admit that, but the NFL should stop acting like we're chumps because it's the Broncos who have had it easy. Guess who the Broncos lost to? The Atlanta Falcons, the Houston Texans, and Tom Brady and the New England Patriots. I believe the only playoff teams they beat were the Cincinatti Bengals (really) and us...when we were limping into our own stadium. I just wanted to clear the way that if someone bet on the Broncos 9.5 spread, you're not going to win.

#16 Duke of Leon

Duke of Leon

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

I would be lying if I said that it wasn't discouraging for me to see how no so-called expert or analyst thinks the Ravens can win. It really makes me mad! I feel like all of footballdom is talking trash! Ugh... We gotta win this one!

#17 ravenstonyd

ravenstonyd

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Denver in for the biggist shock they will not be able to run or throw the NFL idiots will see. Revenge is in the air GO Ravens!!!!

#18 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Boomer is the man....ESPN's one bright spot.

#19 Ravens in The Dena

Ravens in The Dena

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

All I know is the the rest of the league will see the most physical team left in the playoffs come Saturday at 430. Purple and Black are about to bring the pain to Manning. Lets go Ravens

#20 devilbloose

devilbloose

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

I seem to remember Berman was the "STANDALONE" back when we won the Superbowl too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users