37 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,124 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

The former Ravens owner is a finalist for the first time since 2001.

View the full article

#2 olescule24

olescule24

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Who in that list deserves to go into the Hall of Fame before Art Modell?
The selection committee really need to get their heads out of their butts and right this wrong. It's disgraceful that he was not voted in prior to his passing. Shame on them and to the cleveland sports writers who have lobbied to keep him out, they should deny the Browns any part of any revenue sharing negotiated by Modell from the networks. That would prove how relevant Modell was to the NFL.
Pisses me off!

#3 ravens92

ravens92

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Cleveland you got your team Modell is the reason why you have a team. vote for the man that made the NFL what it is today and allow you to watch football on Monday nights. You got your colors etc and what did baltimore get new colors and new name. Don't you think we wanted to keep our name and colors. stop acting like a spoiled brat and vote the man in.

#4 Amesr52

Amesr52

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Ill be kind of mad if Modell makes it in this year...Only because it makes me mad that the guy would finally be making it in because ppl are now sorry about him passing away and not being inducted. This guy was one of the first to change the game of football to what it is today. Football would not be America's number 1 sport if not for him. Plus he was just a great guy, even Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and Suggs said they looked up to that guy. The guy deserves it but its disrespectful the way it all went down. He should of been in the HOF a long time ago. Just add it to the list of reasons to hate Cleveland more besides the fact that they are just a terrible team every year and make the nfl look bad.

#5 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,677 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Over and over, I've heard our motivation to win out this season is based on Ray's retirement. In the storylines last week, it was Pagano, Ray and to some extent the Colt factor. What happened to dedicating this season to Art? We started the season with a big tribute, we still have the little black marker on our uniforms with his name on it, but who even mentions this now?

I think it is up to Ray to bring this item back to the forefront. Perhaps the last 2 years, we were in a better position to win it all, but this year carries the most weight in terms of what it could mean for this franchise. I know we're a long shot, but our time has to be now.

GO RAVENS!

#6 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Both should be First Ballot,.... my humble opinion!

#7 Fastfingers

Fastfingers

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Certainly no doubt about Ogden. But everyone has lost out because it would have been so appropriate to hear what Art would have said had induction into the HOF happened during his lifetime.

#8 M@rtinez

M@rtinez

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

not MY place to judge it happening but I will agree, a dark judgement is on the voters who did this to art. Karma will cash in on this event, in this life or after for those voters. smh R.I.P. Art. #a LEGEND in LIFE and NFL

#9 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

About time.

With everything else going on with our team; the playoffs and Ray retiring after this season... it would be one heck of a year if we could get Art in the HoF along with Ogden... and bring home a Super Bowl just to cap the season off.

I see great things for our team. Really great things.

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO GOOD OR PEACE, NOR SHALL THEIR SUFFERING EVER CEASE
logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#10 timinoc

timinoc

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

I think karma has bitten the City of Cleveland for the last several years. The Browns franchise is still struggling and while I don't mind seeing as we're in the same division, they probably won't get better until they do right by Art. When you treat a person unfairly, you reap what you sow. When they begin to sow good seeds then they will reap the benefits of that harvest. They're currently eating the harvest of those bad seeds they've sewn Art Modells way. RIP Art.

#11 Magnum316

Magnum316

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Art Modell should have been enshrined years ago. The NFL feels offended that he moved the Browns to Baltimore keeping him out of the HOF. The NFL has been known to do this with others. It would be fitting that Art goes in with Jonathan Ogden making it a purple induction.

#12 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

You can see the favoritism even in the hall of fame against the ravens. art modell should already be there its nuts. I can't say I honestly know allot of these players but do the right thing by these guys regardless of what team they played for .

#13 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Of course as a final snub to Art they would enshrine him after he has left the earth. Thanks a lot Cleveland....

#14 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,356 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

well deserved honor. go ravens!!

#15 Ravens in The Dena

Ravens in The Dena

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Its a darn shame Art is not already in the HOF. If it wasnt for Tony Grossi from Cleveland protesting against him every year, Mr.Modell could have enjoyed his HOF induiction already.

#16 crazyboutravens

crazyboutravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

If Grossi opens his mouth again he should be banned from the proceedings. The guy is an
absolute idiot. The moving of a franchise has never kept anyone out of the HOF. See Al Davis. He moved so many times we never know where the Raiders were playing. Plus he sued
the league a bunch, but he is in the HOF. nuff said....!!!!

#17 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

He made one city sad and another city ecstatic. That's a wash, in my book. So take away the move from Cleveland to Baltimore, and you've got a clear, absolute, Hall of Fame resume. If Grossi stands up and says what he says, I sure hope somebody else there stands up and reminds them that there are 31 other franchises in the NFL besides Cleveland, and the rest of them wouldn't be what they are today without Art.

#18 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,677 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Grossi's comments make me sick. Mr. Grossi - as a voting member for the hall, you do not represent a constituency. You are not an official elected to a political office by the people of Cleveland - you have an obligation to the sport as a whole to fairly judge the merits of a person and to vote accordingly.

But clearly, you are a coward. Instead of voting in a matter that accounts for the positive impact that Modell had on the game, you vote in fear of the backlash you would face in your media market. You are pathetic and unworthy of your vote.

Edited by balfan23, 11 January 2013 - 01:11 PM.

#19 Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

I don't know how I feel about Art Modell being enshrined in the hall of fame don't get me wrong the man deserves to be in canton I just can't shake the feeling he only made it because he died and if he was still alive they would have black balled him again

#20 MsMarvel73

MsMarvel73

BSHU cheerleader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

"Why should he not be in the Hall of Fame?” Former Browns running back Jim Brown said. "I say that he should be, regardless of what the people of Cleveland think. You just don't deal with revenge or animosity to a man that has done so much for the game."

Wish Grossi and the rest of the haters in Cleveland understood that.

Edited by INRavensgirl, 11 January 2013 - 01:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users