Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 1/11: Picks Are In. Who Gives Ravens A Chance?

66 posts in this topic

what's old is on nfl.com the entire page is full of playoff news there are three small articles about the ravens the rest are the other teams espn same thing . i don't care who the pundits think is going to win . I just don't get how they can pick so wrong or not even come close and still have a job kinda like a weatherman in bmore.

[quote name='dwhravens' timestamp='1357915718' post='1301617']
I'm not sure why all these "experts" are picking a high scoring game. Based on the weather and the fact that we held Peyton Manning to 200 yards passing with our practice squad, I'm picking a low scoring game. Ravens win 17 13.
[/quote] Because they're far from being "experts". A better word to describe them would be "idiots." Every prediction is just a guess. But these "idiots" present their guesses as facts.

Fact: Golic rooted for his alma mater and lost big. He won't :) again till September.
Fact: Joe comes up bigger in big games
Fact: Torrey and Anquan and Dennis can make the plays the Ravens need
Fact: Bernard and Rice can run thru tackles
Fact: Joe has a note on his play plan: get rid of the ball already!
Fact: Vegas will clean up on a Ravens win. Take points and hope they win too.

[quote name='ravenmaniac4life' timestamp='1357920085' post='1301699']
There are 3 seconds left! the score is Denver 16, Ravens 14. After a Von Miller sack on Joe Flacco, it's 4 and 17 from the Denver 48 yard line. Here comes the rookie kicker, Justin Tucker to attempt and NFL record 65 yard field goal that could win the game. The snap ... spot... the kick is in the air ... it's long enough.. it's good!! the kick is good!!! Baltimore wins on an NFL record 65 yard field goal by rookie Justin Tucker!!

(play by play courtesy of the Baltimore Ravens and the NFL, any rebroadcast, description or account of this game without express written consent is prohibited)
[/quote]

I don't know that Von Miller is gonna be blowing past both Oher and whatever Tight End is lined up next to him. Cause he sure won't be blowing past McKinnie...

I've been watching and reading all the hype and the stats and I realize they're just that. I've painted a full picture and I believe the Broncos are the underdogs. It turns out, a lot of their team sucks in the cold weather, especially their run defense. If Peyton Manning sucks and we can get to him in the cold and we have Ray Lewis, Bernard Pollard, and Dannell Ellerbe (some of our teams leading tacklers) to stop their run...dude. The Broncos offense might click for a few drives but I hope it's bitter cold so it doesn't last. Our running game is fantastic in the cold weather and Flacco isn't as bad as some people would predict. And if you're looking for emotion, we won bud. It'll be a close game but if our team truly wants it, we'll win.

if we aren't prepared for this game things will get pretty ugly pretty fast, I have faith in our team, I agree that Joe can play big when the situation is most critical but he has to be consistent. We cant rely on our Defense to pull this one out for us, they might help keep it close if we can force three and outs like we did the first time we played. I hope we are talking AFC championship game a week from now. Lets get Lewis, Reed, & Suggs their well deserved rings.

[quote name='PeRK82' timestamp='1357920784' post='1301711']
I can See the Headlines now

" DID THE BYE HURT THE BRONCO'S "

God forbid they say the RAVENS were just better.
[/quote]

Your assessment is 100% on point. Heard today that Boldin came up big because of jump balls. Meanwhile, the 2nd long ball he caught over his shoulder, and the TD pass were spot on the money. Just like the balls that he threw to Doss....but Jemele Hill said on First Take that it was all Boldin coming up big....

That video is awesome...even when the sound is off. Only problem I have, is the conclusion: Woman riding out on the horse...lol...LAME

run rice, pierce and leach, we will have a chance to win, running the ball with 3-headed monsters is the key to keep manning on the sidelines and in the cold.

Run the ball heavily with Rice/Pierce and if that is working decently,play action with Pitta and Dickson involved big-time in the passing game. Broncos were one of, if not the worst team defending TEs throughout the season.

I made my prediction, posted it yesterday and its been dropped from the site.... No idea why. So here it is again.

Ravens take a 20-17 lead with 3:40 to go. Peyton is driving them and everyone feels this is going to be another heroic drive game winning drive for Manning. Near midfield, Moreno gets a pass coming out of the backfield. It comes off his hands just slightly and Reed comes across, grabs it away and takes it to the house to seal the deal.

Ravens 27 - Broncos 17

[quote name='easternshore97' timestamp='1357922245' post='1301736']
Your assessment is 100% on point. Heard today that Boldin came up big because of jump balls. Meanwhile, the 2nd long ball he caught over his shoulder, and the TD pass were spot on the money. Just like the balls that he threw to Doss....but Jemele Hill said on First Take that it was all Boldin coming up big....
[/quote]

We know how this all works by now. When teams win, the QB gets all the credit and when they lose, they get all the blame. Except for Flacco ... He rarely gets credit no matter what happens.

I love Football and the Ravens, but I hate people that put the team in front of real life choices. Go Ravens

Remember the last time Joe faced Manning in the playoffs was back in 2009. This is a whole new Joe now. I think he is looking forward to the challenge.

Peyton Manning isn't the reigning DPOY. Nor, is he retiring from an outstanding career. In fact, he's not the reigning anything, right now. Why then is his offseason road to recovery airing tomorrow as opposed to Terrell Suggs' or Ray Lewis'? #ijs #smh #isitgamedayyet PREVIEW: A look at Peyton Manning's offseason road to recovery. Full clip airs tomorrow on @nflnetwork (12 ET) http://on.nfl.com/PeytonR2R

[quote name='10000 Watts' timestamp='1357926377' post='1301851']
Peyton Manning isn't the reigning DPOY. Nor, is he retiring from an outstanding career. In fact, he's not the reigning anything, right now. Why then is his offseason road to recovery airing tomorrow as opposed to Terrell Suggs' or Ray Lewis'? #ijs #smh #isitgamedayyet PREVIEW: A look at Peyton Manning's offseason road to recovery. Full clip airs tomorrow on @nflnetwork (12 ET) [url="http://on.nfl.com/PeytonR2R"]http://on.nfl.com/PeytonR2R[/url]
[/quote]

maybe because Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs didnt have anything to recover from in the offseason?

You know I'm loving how the ravens are given no chance to win and no sports analyst wants to talk about how Peyton has one of the worst postseason records that's alright when the ravens win all that will be talked about is how the broncos lost

[quote name='riseNConquer81' timestamp='1357928594' post='1301897']
maybe because Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs didnt have anything to recover from in the offseason?
[/quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ok, Ray Lewis didn't. But, T-Sizz started his Achille's recovery in the offseason. [/font][/color] :)

[quote name='riseNConquer81' timestamp='1357928594' post='1301897']

[/quote]suggs had the achilles injury

[quote name='10000 Watts' timestamp='1357928829' post='1301901']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ok, Ray Lewis didn't. But, T-Sizz started his Achille's recovery in the offseason. [/font][/color] :)
[/quote]
[quote name='Pharaoh' timestamp='1357928842' post='1301902']
suggs had the achilles injury
[/quote]

right before training camp...and spent most of the regular season rehabbing it.
so again...

how did i know somebody would mention that, like i dont pay attention to the team or something. 1844 posts, and you really thought i didnt...smh

i live in denver and it is snowing right now! Manning is not in a dome and "according to ESPN Stats & Information, Manning is 0-3 in the playoffs when playing in temperatures under 40 degrees."

Denver is the "cleanest" city I ever have been in. If the NFL officials actually DO NOT protect Manning by allowing the Bronco 0-line to hold every play this RAY-ven team not only can win but will BEAT Peyton and the glorified Denver attack led by legend and NFL poster boy and face of professional football messiah Manning. Does anyone,anywhere think that the NFL wants the Ray Lewis leds thugs from Baltimore in New Orleans on Feb 3rd? It would be a graet story by is a "pale" comparison if Peyton is playing there. Did I say "pale" OOPS!!

San Diego was up 24 on Denver but lost late. We barely beat SanDiego,everbody beats Oakland and KC. Denver got those teams twice this year 6-0 in their division? Cleveland? Pitts? Bengals 10-0 Who beat Denver this year?

Guys (and ladies)......It's time to break out the Brian Billick's Lions Den quote:
"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the S.O.B(modified)!' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."
- Brian Billick

Time for the Ravens to kick some serious butt, take names, and end this sorry Peyton Manning feel good story!

Though it's catastrophic even to think about Ngata retire in the near future, we have to admit what he's saying has a lot of truth in it...

bio