Photo

[News] Late For Work 1/11: Picks Are In. Who Gives Ravens A Chance?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,124 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Plus Clash of the Titans video, Suggs ready to beat Peyton, Broncos have any weaknesses?

View the full article

#2 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

Ravens win 27-23

#3 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Ravens 31 Broncos 17

Ray Rice = game MVP w/2 TD's 145 AP Yards
Ed Reed = 2 INT's

Peyton Manning = more receptions to Ed Reed than Eric Decker

Down goes Peyton !!!

#4 PurplePassion824

PurplePassion824

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Experts make me laugh... I am no where near an expert and i picked 170 out of 259. This is better or as high as most people who consider themselves "Experts". On paper the Ravens look like we should loose this game. But, when you count in all the emotional factors and Peyton's playoffs factors I believe we win. We will shock all the "experts". This game isn't played on paper.

#5 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

I'm not sure why all these "experts" are picking a high scoring game. Based on the weather and the fact that we held Peyton Manning to 200 yards passing with our practice squad, I'm picking a low scoring game. Ravens win 17 13.

#6 astike2000

astike2000

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

Of Course everybody picking the Broncos. They been fooled by the Week 15 Score. But Ravens were depleted on D. Everybody back now. Ray retiring, enough inspiration to win, so he does not go out a loser against Peyton Manning. Ravens win it. I also think the Texans will beat the Pats, so we won't have a replay of last years AFC. Gonna be hard to pick who wins that one.

#7 Derrel

Derrel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Ngata's injuries are weighing on him. Is he losing passion for the game? Funny how things change when you get wealthy.

#8 Bills Fan in Bmore

Bills Fan in Bmore

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

I know there are still many pundits who don't think Flacco can do this, but his resume is more impressive than they realize.

First 5 playoff games- 57/120(47.5%), 660yds, 1 td, 6 int's

Last 5 playoff games- 89/150(59.3%), 1154yds, 9 td's, 2 int's (QB rating near 98)

He is a reason we are winning in the playoff and given time by his line he will help us win this weekend too.

#9 mason85

mason85

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

In order to beat Manning the defence can't show its hand. We need to do what we did in 2000 wait to the last 3 seconds then make our move. He won't know what hit him. Go Ravens!

#10 T-Phizzle

T-Phizzle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Ravens win 24-22, they get more red-zone chances than us, but come away with FGs only. I kinda like that nobody gives us a chance. We're gonna play fast, physical, and pissed off.

#11 tick101

tick101

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

I'll send one message to our defensive front... if you can't get to him jump up hands up. deflect that ball... bull rushes up the middle cause manning loves to step in his throw. keep an eye out for them short passes... offensive line... ruff up there defensive line and how do you do that... run the ball straight at em with pierce. this one will be different cause our team is more focus then ever... we want to get to the superbowl more then they do... we will get there... THIS YEAR. one game at a time though. take out the legend. you can do it. its not going to be a blow out but we will get the W. GO RAVENS.

#12 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

I still see our Ravens heading for a "reckoning" in Foxborough next Sunday!

Peyton throws two deadly picks to match his two TDs,... Ravens hold on for a 20 - 17 win!

#13 Purple nd Black

Purple nd Black

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Its really easy to pick the favored team to win in a a game like this. These so called "experts" jaws are gonna drop after this game. There is a special feeling about this years playoffs for our boys. Being 18 years old, growing up watch Ray play the game has really been special for me. He is the reason I play football, and he is my idol. The best Raven there EVER will be. We are going to send him out right. We go into Denver and come out big. 24-17 RAVEBS!

#14 Purple nd Black

Purple nd Black

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

Two words. Bernard Rice....LOL

#15 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

10 degrees, Peyton Manning feeling pain with every touch, Joe Flacco saying this is the kind of football weather I live for. Ray Lewis screaming across the line, "I'm a machine jerk", Manning saying the machine is the mike, Kruger lays Manning out and says I'm just getting started. Monster truck riding on 55's (Suggs) kick it into turbo. Ravens leave Denver as divisional champions, mile high feeling a mile low.

#16 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

It would be amusing if the Ravens won and the last thing they did right before exiting Mile High was Tebow in the endzone.

#17 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Two words. Bernard Rice....LOL

I thought I saw a... I did, I did see a... do know the lad you're talking about - it's Ray Pierce behind Leach

#18 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

going to be a nailbiter and a close one but we win it . has anyone seen the practices its above freezing and manning has a neck scarf glove double long sleeves how in the world is he going to throw with all that crap on . I get he's good but I can't wait to see this .

#19 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

I have a feeling, that the Broncos will be too concerned with stopping Pierce and Rice and Caldwell will get all pass happy, catching the Broncos off-guard and allowing Flacco to carve Denver up. I predict, the greatest game Joe had in his career.

#20 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

we win 24-13 straight and simple. We have Yanda back. Secondly Mckinne will do a better job at LT than oher. OHer back at RT where he 100X better. Then Osemele at lg will bring more mauling attitude with birk. O-line shuffling will be the reason why we win the super bowl. Then lets go on the defense side of the ball. We have Bernard Pollard returning and he will put moreno back in the locker room. We have Ray Lewis back, Ed Reed a little bit healthier. Also Jimmy smith has also recoverd a lot more after the surgery he was rush into that broncos game. But most of all we got Ellerbe back now thats where we get better. Lastly but importantly jim caldwell has his feet wet and now knows how to call plays we win 24-13.

Edited by Ravensfan4life2010, 11 January 2013 - 10:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users