Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SecretAgentMan

Breakout Players for the remainders of the Playoffs

49 posts in this topic

We need guys to step up. I think that we will have a few players as breakout canidates the next few weeks. List your players below, now for mine

Bernard Pierce-
BP oil will be a top 10 RB next year.... Book it
The dude is a great runner, and is even better than Rice. He is a threat for a big gain on every play. He is a slashing back who will give problems for the Bronco's LB corps. The Pats will have NO answer for him if we win.

Tandon Doss-
I am confident that he will rebound. He usually has solid hands, and if he gets his hands together is a major weapon for us. He has good speed, and can beat most players with his size. He ususally has great hands, but had an off week last week.

Terrance Cody.
Oz is starting him again, and I have a feeling he comes up big in the playoffs. Why? He is fighting for his damn job that is why. A monster of a man, he might find his groove.

Ed Dickson.
Jim is going to use him in the passing game, and he is a nightmare for LB's. He should be used more along with Dennis.

I don't believe in Terrence Cody anymore. He's massive, but he's all flab. He also doesn't seem like he is taking his job seriously and putting in the maximum effort. I'm already ready for a new NT.

of this group - Pierce is the best.
he has shown the real breakout material

Doss and Dickson need to hold onto the ball - we do NOT need a Lee Evans repeat

Cody is okay

as far as breakout - I would love to see the corners and safeties step up and break it through - Manning has a potent passing corps. that means all of them.

Pierce is the obvious for me. I've been saying this dude will destroy the NFL when we first drafted him and everyone negged me saying Ant Allen will be backup to Rice.

Here is my breakout players not on your list..[list=1]
[*][b]Courtney Upshaw[/b]: It's already documented that he is one of the best at run stopping. He may not have the sacks but he sure have the QB hits and his presence will be felt in the playoffs.
[*][b]Bryant McKinnie[/b]: Playing fresh out there and he demolished Dwight Freeny several times last week.
[*][b]Chykie Brown[/b]: Prediction.. 1 pick and 4 PD's vs. Manning
[/list]
Sleeper: [b]Albert McClellan[/b]: If he gets in

[quote name='blitzking33' timestamp='1357867309' post='1301154']
Pierce is the obvious for me. I've been saying this dude will destroy the NFL when we first drafted him and everyone negged me saying Ant Allen will be backup to Rice.

Here is my breakout players not on your list..[list=1]
[*][b]Courtney Upshaw[/b]: It's already documented that he is one of the best at run stopping. He may not have the sacks but he sure have the QB hits and his presence will be felt in the playoffs.

[*][b]Bryant McKinnie[/b]: Playing fresh out there and he demolished Dwight Freeny several times last week.

[*][b]Chykie Brown[/b]: Prediction.. 1 pick and 4 PD's vs. Manning
[/list]
Sleeper: [b]Albert McClellan[/b]: If he gets in
[/quote]

McKinnie will be given a test with Dumerville
Upshaw might have that.
[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1357867598' post='1301160']
Ed reed.

Boy is due a game
[/quote]
Vs. Peyton it is possible, but there is a chance he throws away from him

Osemele: It's him over Williams in the guard spot this time. Should be a lot easier to run on their D.

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]First of all, Joe. Contract year, Ray's final year, another playoff birth and the world is against us, wanting to see us fail... I can see him mimicking the Colts game from here on out. He's got a huge chip on his shoulder.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Pierce, no brainer. Compliments our O-Line well.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Boldin was pretty clutch vs. Indy. With Caldwell calling the shots, I can see Boldin getting a lot more calls.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Torrey has been big in the blocking game and he is becoming a complete receiver, able to run any route.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Jacoby will be in the return game, receiving game he has so much potential but with our weapons -- he just isn't getting the ball.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]No to Doss... I can't forgive someone that drops two in the endzone. Please Joe, do not pass to this guy should we make the AFCCG.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]McKinnie showed us what he had last week, I want to see more from here on out.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]I could mention everyone on Defense, so I'll just say "Defense". We've got an "all-star" cast on that side of the ball, surely one if not all of them are going to step it up.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]And we can't forget our favorite Kicker & Punter... Tucker & Koch, we're going to need their legs more than ever now. Koch, pin em deep. Tucker, kick it true & give it a chance.[/font][/i]

[quote name='mdrsharon' timestamp='1357866548' post='1301144']
of this group - Pierce is the best.
he has shown the real breakout material

Doss and Dickson need to hold onto the ball - we do NOT need a Lee Evans repeat

Cody is okay

as far as breakout - I would love to see the corners and safeties step up and break it through - Manning has a potent passing corps. that means all of them.
[/quote]
Cary Williams needs to step it up

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1357868959' post='1301187']
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]First of all, Joe. Contract year, Ray's final year, another playoff birth and the world is against us, wanting to see us fail... I can see him mimicking the Colts game from here on out. He's got a huge chip on his shoulder.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Pierce, no brainer. Compliments our O-Line well.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Boldin was pretty clutch vs. Indy. With Caldwell calling the shots, I can see Boldin getting a lot more calls.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Torrey has been big in the blocking game and he is becoming a complete receiver, able to run any route.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Jacoby will be in the return game, receiving game he has so much potential but with our weapons -- he just isn't getting the ball.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]No to Doss... I can't forgive someone that drops two in the endzone. Please Joe, do not pass to this guy should we make the AFCCG.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]McKinnie showed us what he had last week, I want to see more from here on out.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]I could mention everyone on Defense, so I'll just say "Defense". We've got an "all-star" cast on that side of the ball, surely one if not all of them are going to step it up.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]And we can't forget our favorite Kicker & Punter... Tucker & Koch, we're going to need their legs more than ever now. Koch, pin em deep. Tucker, kick it true & give it a chance.[/font][/i]
[/quote]
Tucker will follow the footsteps of his preceder and choke an a 20 yarder to win it all.

[quote name='nflfan123' timestamp='1357873338' post='1301275']
Tucker will follow the footsteps of his preceder and choke an a 20 yarder to win it all.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]The word you're looking for is "predecessor"... and I have a lot more faith in Tucker than I did Cundiff... even in training camp. And he has yet to prove me wrong.[/i][/font]

[quote name='nflfan123' timestamp='1357873338' post='1301275']
[/quote]
Come on man :P.......

Signing Cundiff was a suicide note for the 69ers ..............

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1357873497' post='1301281']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]The word you're looking for is "predecessor"... and I have a lot more faith in Tucker than I did Cundiff... even in training camp. And he has yet to prove me wrong.[/i][/font]
[/quote]
GRAMMAR BURN!
Cundiff still gives me nightmares.
Tucker is CLUTCH BABY. No need for breakout game

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1357873895' post='1301291']
GRAMMAR BURN!
Cundiff still gives me nightmares.
Tucker is CLUTCH BABY. No need for breakout game
[/quote]

Speaking of burns... Dropbox is working again!! SUPER BURN!!!

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1357873979' post='1301297']
Speaking of burns... Dropbox is working again!! SUPER BURN!!!
[/quote]
Not working for me

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1357873635' post='1301284']
Come on man :P.......

Signing Cundiff was a suicide note for the 69ers ..............
[/quote]
lololololol
Harbuagh: Kaeding or Cundiff??...Cundiff

[b]Tandon Doss [/b]- When I saw this thread, the first thing I thought was Tandon Doss. I know he had a bad game, but I'm chalking this up to playoff jitters. I think he's gonna have a big game and I think Flacco still believes in him.

[b]Jacoby Jones [/b]- I know he's already had a tremendous season and consistently gives us great field position, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Jacoby gets us multiple return touchdowns in the playoffs since it's been a bit of a drought for him. Remember when he had multiple fumbles in the playoffs when he was with the Texans? I don't think that's happening again. If and when we get past the Broncos, I hope we face the Texans and Jacoby scores on them.

[b]Chykie Brown [/b]- He can be a potential play maker. He seems to be around the ball often and ALMOST make that interception. I can see him coming up with a couple turnovers.

[b]Pernell McPhee [/b]- He's been injured a lot this year. He made a lot of plays last year and I thought he was gonna have a breakout year. There's still time for him to do big things.

Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, and Haloti Ngata... simply because they are due!

AND JOE FLACCO AND THE OFFENSE, YES... I SAID IT!

Reed usually plays well against Manning, and picked him off in the last playoff meeting(should have been twice!)

Suggs... has never sacked Peyton Manning in his career and you know he gets motivated by things like that.

Ngata... people had begun criticizing his effort and conditioning this year. You know he's ready to go on this run for Ray Lewis! I don't see the Broncos running it as easily as they did earlier this season.

FLACCO... the weather is going to be coooooold. Those corners are going to have a tough time making the cuts necessary to stay with Torrey Smith. Hopefully the Ravens use their running game to keep Peyton Manning cold. With the run-game working, Joe should really be able to take advantage of shorter 2nd and 3rd downs. He'll also have some good opportunities to take those downfield shots with the play-action.

I really get the feeling that this won't even be a "chance to win" type games, but a surprising(to most of the world) blowout in which the Ravens get control early and don't let up.

Ed reed.

Boy is due a game
[/quote]

you took the words right out of my mouth on this one! lol!

~Mili

BP Oil is the absolute worst nickname I have ever heard lol just sayin... and Doss should not see the field, why would he when we have Boldin, Smith, Pitta, and Jones, those 4 plus Rice are the only ones who should be catching balls from Joe this weekend. Now is not the time to take chances with unproven commodities.

Ed reed.

Boy is due a game
[/quote]
AMEN

Kruger is the key to this game, we absolutely need him to turn the heat up early and just knock Peyton around.

Reed is due for a big game, and it couldn't come at a better time. I'd love to see Manning get pick sixed.

Pierce for sure. I think about a 60-40 share would be a killer, that kid is powerful. When you have elusive, followed by powerful in cold weather...sure fire danger right there.

I think with kruger getting doubled'triple teamed this week watch suggs ,,,,"wake up" and have a huge game everyone is counting him out .My boy ed is overdue for some chaos .

Jim Caldwell, it's his time to put his stamp on the offense. I know I'm supposed to list players, but I really like what i'm seeing from Jim. The only thing left for Jim is to prove it on the road, but I don't think that's an issue because his offense isn't meant for guys to consistently win individual matchups with the same routes.

He sets the offense up really well. Again i continue to be impressed with some of the simplest concepts he uses to get guys free. I think back to the deep in route to Torrey last game. That was so simple because all Torrey did was use his speed to run off the DB, as soon as the DB flipped his hips, Torrey broke inside. Almost impossible to stop in man coverage.

I also love how the running game is going under Caldwell. The Ravens are just too balanced and too talented on offense and i've said for a while that when this offense attacks, they can put up points against any defense. Well tomorrow is their chance to prove me right.

[b]PERNELL MCPHEE:[/b]I remember when this guy was not healthy and people were saying did he lose it or did he have a fluke season. He is a terror on the inside and has done a good job in the run game. Him and Author jones will be big to give ngata some single blocking.

[b]Ellerbeast: [/b]This guy, when healthy, is one of the best in the league. He is not bad in coverage and is great against the run. He is the best at blitzing inside, something we missed last time.
Pierce: This guy is a mixture of AP and Arian Foster. He makes one cut, but has crazy elusiveness and deceptive explosiveness.

[b]Chykie:[/b] he will be targeted and he will come up big.

Ed reed.

Boy is due a game
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more, but what has happened to Ed's hands? He's dropped so many interceptions this year.
That being said, he has a good history against Peyton who I think will struggle in the cold. I'm even hoping for a little snow. Joe seems to throw the ball pretty well in any conditions. Not expecting a huge game from Joe, considering that is still a very good defense for Denver, but I expect him to play well. Boldin and Pitta ride last week's momentum into this game.
Anybody hear Charlie Casserly (I think it was him, but not 100%) say Ray "didn't really have an impact" on the Colts game? He was speaking strictly about his on-the-field performance, because we all know the emotion was high. Every time Ray and Ed get called old, they seem to come up big. Win or lose, I expect game-changing plays from them both, knowing this is the hurdle they must get past if they want to go all the way.
A win this Saturday, and the party doesn't end until New Orleans. Book it.

After hearing the news of Asa Jackson being moved to the active roster... I'm going to put him in this category.

I think with Peyton always using multiple receivers, Asa Jackson will end up making Peyton Manning pay for trying to "pick on" the Ravens least experienced corner. Peyton doesn't know what kind of playmaker Jackson.

[quote name='edreedfromtheu' timestamp='1358000220' post='1302761']
After hearing the news of Asa Jackson being moved to the active roster... I'm going to put him in this category.

I think with Peyton always using multiple receivers, Asa Jackson will end up making Peyton Manning pay for trying to "pick on" the Ravens least experienced corner. Peyton doesn't know what kind of playmaker Jackson.
[/quote]
Who does know? I most certainly don't.

Its all about pressure, elite All Pro QBs seem to fair the worst against pressure because they're not used to it (outside of Roethlisberger). The 2009 game Brady was wrecked in the 1st quarter because we blasted him so many times on inside pressure. When Manning would lose those playoff games against the Steelers it was because their front 7 would just tee up on him. With Manning lofting his deep balls mainly if we can get him to throw them half a second early it will give our guys a better chance to make a play on the ball.

Our interior rush needs to have the game of its life. Art Jones, Ngata and McPhee.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1358020109' post='1303056']
I'm going with Morgan Cox
[/quote]
LS? You crazy

Chykie Brown I think keeps playing stellar and finally makes a big play and on offense I will go with Ed Dickson getting open on a couple of long gains/td

I don't hear the name Omar Brown come up much.... maybe he gets a chance to get into the game and make a difference? He is a play maker and a ball hawk!

[quote name='ellicottraven' timestamp='1358020720' post='1303071']
I don't hear the name Omar Brown come up much.... maybe he gets a chance to get into the game and make a difference? He is a play maker and a ball hawk!
[/quote]
Inactive. :(

[quote name='Fang' timestamp='1357925415' post='1301827']
[color=#42205d]Corey Graham[/color] comes up big tomorrow.
[/quote]

Corey Graham BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1358020162' post='1303058']

LS? You crazy
[/quote]
Told you! He played perfect, especially on the last play! ;)

[quote name='Kwothdaraven' timestamp='1358019465' post='1303045']
Id like to see jimmy smith have a big game
[/quote]Idk if you noticed but he made a big play taking holiday backwards on a return and pinning him inside their own 10