Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Watch Training Camp LIVE Thursday at 8:30 am ET

Ravens training camp kicks off Thursday & we're bringing the action directly to you! News, analysis, giveaways and more! More info ยป
Close

Photo

[News] How To Slow Denver's Pass Rush

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Tackle Bryant McKinnie says he wants to beat the Broncos front seven up.

View the full article

#2 baadbobby

baadbobby

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

Protect Joe, block for Lil' Ray, and all will be good.

#3 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,382 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

If you have sirius sat radio..... in ten mins Q will be interviewed on Sirius NFL radio

#4 ksk316

ksk316

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

I like the Ravens where they are. All the odds are stacked up against us.
Manning's offense will give our D problems.
Their pass rush and pass coverage will give our O problems.
Denver's high altitude and the short week is a huge disadvantage.

No wonder, nobody is picking us to win this. Heck, even I wouldn't pick us to win this.
We got nothing to lose. Our season was raked with injuries. This is the perfect time to get a classic upset win. BAL vs Houston for AFC championship. Go Ravens!

#5 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Runs, swing passes and screens slow down the rush!

Then, when Joe has throwing lane for 7 to 15 yarders, good thins happen - when he must wait for guys to cover 30 to 40 yards, bad things happen!

#6 Jasont505

Jasont505

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Now that McKinnie is out of the dog house, I think we should do a much better job not only protecting Joe, but also open up some holes for Rice and Pierce.

#7 PurplePeopleEater74

PurplePeopleEater74

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

I like B Mac on the left side much better than Oher.

#8 NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

I'm not going to lie. I'm nervous. Our backs are against the wall. Everybody thinks we are finished. Not even in a metaphorical sense, the world is actually against us. But I believe in Ray. I believe in our squad as a whole. That feeling after the loss last year still resonates in me. And I hope it does the players as well. Bronco's may in fact win this game, I cannot lie. But if we come out from the gate and play our brand of ball. Punishing run game, dominating defense, and efficient passing game. Then everything will take care of itself. What we cannot do though is come into this game scared. But we wont. I actually like the short week we have. The Broncos have been taking it easy the past two weeks. We have been out proving ourselves. We have nothing to lose, so lets do what we do.

#9 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

With McKINNIE and KO on the same side... it is hard to imagine any team completely stopping the run... without committing extra people in the box! THat is when Joe will need to come through!

But I do think that we will be able to run on them this time around! McKINNIE and KO on that side will make a giant difference!

That is a pretty nasty combination adn with YANDA on the opposite side and VONTAE LEACH clearing the way... Hard to imagine the Broncos stopping our run for 4 quarters.

I think we grind them out with a ball control offense... limit Peytons touches and opportunities and keep them off balance with our TE's this time!

THey are susceptible to giving up big plays to the TE's and we can even utilize more crossing routes to continue to expose those safties...

I think we are looking at a very differnt game this time around!

#10 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Bring it Big Mac you have waited all season time to open up a can of ,,,

#11 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

So glad Big Mac is finally in!! I suspect this has been the plan the whole time, once they made the playoffs.

#12 BenMir

BenMir

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

With McKINNIE and KO on the same side... it is hard to imagine any team completely stopping the run... without committing extra people in the box! THat is when Joe will need to come through!

But I do think that we will be able to run on them this time around! McKINNIE and KO on that side will make a giant difference!

That is a pretty nasty combination adn with YANDA on the opposite side and VONTAE LEACH clearing the way... Hard to imagine the Broncos stopping our run for 4 quarters.

I think we grind them out with a ball control offense... limit Peytons touches and opportunities and keep them off balance with our TE's this time!

THey are susceptible to giving up big plays to the TE's and we can even utilize more crossing routes to continue to expose those safties...

I think we are looking at a very differnt game this time around!

You do understand that McKinnie is one of the worst run blockers in the league,right? Oher is the dominant mauler between the two.

Edited by BenMir, 10 January 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#13 WeCanDoAllThings52

WeCanDoAllThings52

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Just a little side note, I guess this means that Jah Reid lost his spot.

#14 lancoMike

lancoMike

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

lol... good point! I guess we just have to push the run to the strong side to start off and then later, come in hard with the blind side. I think Miller's supposed to be on the strong side anyway, from the reports.

#15 lancoMike

lancoMike

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Hard to say, honestly. If he's still injured, we may have a position battle on our hands when the offseason comes around. But as it goes, you still need to develop the talent throughout and see how they do.

#16 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

This new configuration O-line, with McKinne added and with Yanda back, I can't see how we won't be better than when we last played Denver. I certainly can't see how we could be much worse. All the talk of Flacco/Manning - this is where the game will be won, if we are to win it. Our O line will have to be stellar. Rice and Pierce (hoping he's truly healthy enough to be effective as he has been), behind this O line, will need to set the foundation for our play. Given that and given they protect Joe, the makings for a win will be in place. After that, Joe will not need to be spectacular, but just be efficient and mistake free in terms of turnovers.

#17 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

For the rest of this season, yes, I would think so.

#18 lancoMike

lancoMike

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Now that McKinnie is out of the dog house, I think we should do a much better job not only protecting Joe, but also open up some holes for Rice and Pierce.

I doubt a metaphorical "dog house" actually exists. I agree with the other person on this page by iluvpurple, this may have been the plan from the start.

#19 lancoMike

lancoMike

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

So glad Big Mac is finally in!! I suspect this has been the plan the whole time, once they made the playoffs.

A bold, yet unpredictable strategy!

#20 lancoMike

lancoMike

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Runs, swing passes and screens slow down the rush!

Then, when Joe has throwing lane for 7 to 15 yarders, good thins happen - when he must wait for guys to cover 30 to 40 yards, bad things happen!

I think that as long as the 30-40 yard reception is the last guy in his reads, it will be fine. That's the problem with an endzone play, you're waiting for someone to get open, rather than looking shallow at various guys making breaks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users