Photo

Have You Lost Confidence in Ray Rice?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Have You Lost Confidence in Ray Rice (78 member(s) have cast votes)

Have You Lost Confidence in Ray Rice?

1. Yes (6 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Beginning to Lose Confidence (10 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

3. Voted No - You're Stupid (62 votes [79.49%])

Percentage of vote: 79.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 A Fish Called Yanda

A Fish Called Yanda

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

Let me start out this thread by saying that I have not lost any confidence in Ray Rice.

Looking over the boards, I see a lot of people hating on RR27, and announcing that Pierce is the new coming of Jesus, and that we should be feeding him the ball as much as possible.

So, on that note, I wanted to start a thread to see if people have, or are beginning to lose any of their confidence in our running back.

I rewatched the entire Colts game last night, and to be honest, I can't really see where the Ray Rice hating is coming from. Everyone seems to forget the play in the end of the first half where Ray Rice ran for 47 yards, ending up on the Colts 2 yard line, that set up our first touchdown of the game. This clearly swung the momentum towards us (even though our defense allowed the Colts to march down the field and score a FG on the subsequent drive) and without it, I think the game could have ended very differently.

So, anyway. If you have lost confidence in Rice, why? One big reason could be his 2 fumbles (even though one was incorrectly called as being recovered by Indy), but other than that, I don't really see any reason for all the hate.

EDIT: Also, for clarity's sake, I voted for "No - You're Stupid". I guess it's going to be one of those self-deprecating days.

Edited by terpsnation, 10 January 2013 - 09:30 AM.

#2 dirtybird10

dirtybird10

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

No not losing confidence in Ray at all. He is still the dynamic playmaker he always was. However, I do have a serious man crush on Pierce. That guy is absolute money so far. I like Ray as more of an all around player, getting him involved in the passing game more, once he is in space, its over. However Pierce as a between the tackles down hill runner... tough to get much better than he has been. So all in all, no I have not lost confidence in Ray, although he has not come up very big in the playoffs, and he could have very well have cost us the game last week with those fumbles.

#3 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

It's not that I lost confidence, it's just with the cap and how he's been playing I feel like there were better ways to spend that money.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#4 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,279 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

No!

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#5 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

i really like the second part of the "No" answer

#6 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Pierce is a better rusher, he fits well as a one cut guy because he generates huge momentum and breaks a lot of tackles.

With that said unless he becomes a good receiver and blocker then Rice should remain the starter, being able to pass on early downs makes us less predictable.

#7 A Fish Called Yanda

A Fish Called Yanda

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

i really like the second part of the "No" answer

Haha. I probably should have put two different "No" answers - but figured that would suffice.

#8 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

I like Pierce I LOVE Ray Rice.

#9 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,538 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

I haven't lost confidence in Rice because I don't see him as an elite RB. He's really good at rushing, but I've seen him stutter quite a bit and become impatient. He is, however, an elite RB in terms of receptions. So, no, my confidence in him is the same.

He's still a big part of our offense.

#10 RobFuseRaven

RobFuseRaven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

Simply put, no. He's a playmaker, complete running back and a big part of the offense. A couple of fluke fumbles won't make me lose confidence when he's not really a fumbler.

AREYOUNOTENTERTAINED_zpsc5c83436.png

“If anybody comes inside, I want to kill them.” -Marshal Yanda

#11 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

I love RR and his big play capabilities, but I can't say that I have ever been fully confident in him getting the tough yards like a 3rd and one. With the emergence of Pierce and his downhill running style, our backfield has definately been upgraded.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#12 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,012 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

The results will be almost as skewed as the "Retire #52?" thread.

No. Rice is awesome. Have we forgotten what this kid does in open space? 4th and 29 anyone???

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#13 RavenzAllDay

RavenzAllDay

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

No but Pierce is becoming the better runner, but Rice is still dynamic in every aspect of the game. He will not fumble again like the colts game so thats a plus.
Follow me on twitter @ShawnPriestman!!

#14 redlobster

redlobster

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

Rice is the better receiver and probably a more dynamic playmaker (currently). Pierce has appeared to have less indecision in his running and is running harder for more yards than rice, he also is a much better blocker than rice, who is absolute garbage in that department.

#15 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,979 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

As a rusher, I'm beginning to lose faith in him. He just doesn't run with any sense of authority. He goes down easily, he tap dances to the hole, and has a tendency to disappear several games a year.

That being said, he leaves me in awe and amazement as a receiving back. The things he does in the open field are mind blowing. He's truly remarkable in the open field.

His blocking has improved a little bit from last year; I'll give him that.

As a whole, no. I haven't lost faith in him, but I would like him to be the explosive runner that he was in 2009. He hasn't run like that consistently since 2009.

#16 ravensfan160

ravensfan160

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

It does seem like Rice gets stopped for little or no gain more often than Pierce does. He seems to get his yardage in chunks which can make it difficult to sustain drives.

#17 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

I voted NO, but you are not stupid.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#18 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,871 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

I read somewhere Rice was playing sick, like he did 2 years ago against Pitt when he fumbled.
68f2a8.jpg

#19 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,622 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Rice is the better receiver and probably a more dynamic playmaker (currently). Pierce has appeared to have less indecision in his running and is running harder for more yards than rice, he also is a much better blocker than rice, who is absolute garbage in that department.

Pierce is definitely not a better blocker. Im not sure where that comes from...he let up like 3 pressures just in the last game alone. Rice isnt great as a blocker but at least he is a dynamic receiving option which Pierce is far from.

I definitely have not lost faith in Rice. He is an important cog in our offense and is still our best playmaker. I do like the timeshare with Pierce though because it keeps Rice fresh and forces the D to respect our running game every single snap. Pierce is a great #2 RB, possibly the best in the league right now.

@gabefergy

#20 RavensFanInCA

RavensFanInCA

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

What if... Ray Rice held the ball loose on purpose so Broncos defenders would spend more time trying to punch it out rather than tackle him so he could gain more yards?

j/k j/k, that'd be stupid... right? :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users