95 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,555 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Finally, somebody's picking Ravens. Wilfork got chills seeing Ray. Manning will complain.

View the full article

#2 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

Just wear a handwarmer.

#3 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

If they can limit Manning once, they can limit him again.

#4 raven410

raven410

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

Is it Saturday yet??

#5 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

They keep saying it a short week for the Ravens, but it seems like the longest week ever to me.

#6 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

Oh, No glove.

#7 DarkKnight52

DarkKnight52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

in Denver this week its supposed to get as low as 10 degrees ,so i would wear a Glove and just take it off if its Bothering you,My thing with Accuscore up there is i hope there right lol because we will have atleast 1 int and 3 sacks ,what i hope does not happen is the Refs giving the calls every time Manning whines to the Refs as he has all season,and i dont care what condition you play in even tho i always thought Denver was a Unfair place to play because of the Altitude ,which the Nfl should Ban,,i remember hearing how they compared that to green bay well u cant change the weather but you can change where the stadium is ,with that said Remember back to the Browns or Oilers Playoff Games it never really was a issue so i dont expect it to be one ,and for all those throwing the 9-0 Manning Records on the Indy Boards throw those out there meaningless ,Denver is not Indy Manning is 1-0 against us as a Bronco ,when we werent as healthy,as for this short bye week crap,we had our bye against the bengals when the Game didnt mean anything ,No excuses ,lets go in there play like Ravens.

#8 WeCanDoAllThings52

WeCanDoAllThings52

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

"And you thought only Tom Brady and Michael Jackson wore a glove%u2026"

lol Sarah I wear gloves too

#9 crazyboutravens

crazyboutravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Does anyone think we will go after a new DC. Pees has many of the same people that Chuck had and we are mediocre against the run and pass. It's all about scheme and I am not crazy
about ours this year.

#10 bcartercom1

bcartercom1

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

The Ravens WILL WIN!!!...Flacco, some of us had issues with you coming down to the end of the season, saying things that I know must of hurt, but I'm sure you didn't let fully bother you...but your "OUR" QB...take it all with a grain of salt...we believe in you...TAKE US ALL THE WAY!!!...Your our SUPERBOWL BOUND QB and TEAM!!!...GO RAVENS GO!!!!...OUR PRAYERS are with and for you guys!!!

#11 bcartercom1

bcartercom1

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

WEAR THE GLOVE!!!!....LOL

#12 benjamin.phelps

benjamin.phelps

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

I think Pees has done a great job considering the injuries he'd been faced with this season. Something encouraging to me is that our defense continued to get better with less talent, and now we're as healthy as we are going to be all season.

#13 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

No glove no need to change things this late in the game I know its going to be bitter out . I worry about the zebras I first thought it was just the patriots since the afccg last year I have been paying attention and the calls tend to favor one team or another and they never favor the ravens. Brady, even at M&T had the calls go his way . I hope we get impartial refs this week .

Edited by llwillow1231, 10 January 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#14 the deepster

the deepster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

On defense: 1)shut down Knowshon Moreno 2) CBs don't fall for the fake double move by their WRs and then the come back route which Peyton loves to go to especially on 3rd down (CBs gotta play physical), and 3) LBs control the middle of the field Tamme and their other TE gotta be kept in check by Ray and Ellerbee, 4)get turnovers!! On offense: 1) control time of possession and keep #18 off the field. Special teams: win the field position!!

#15 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

Mr Groke, an article that appeared on this website yesterday stated that Harbaugh and the staff had taken the advice of outside physicians and other experts as to when to leave for Denver. It may be a "mistake" and by the time we know for certain, it will all be hindsight, but credit the staff for doing their diligence instead of just assuming they are doing "whatever" in their weekly preps.

#16 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Dear God, the front office should be flooded with complaints if the game is close and ends up being solely decided by the refs.

#17 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

Peyton didn't learn new tricks, he's an old man trying to stay warm. Flacco wear whatever makes you more comfortable picking apart Denver's defense.

#18 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Glove or no glove? Joe should (and will) do what he is comfortable with, period.

There is one smart reorter in all sports media, Peter Schrager. Only one guy has it right!

I have been to Denver, yes the air at hgher altitudes is some what thinner, but it's not like the sumit of Everest or anything. I have been in many aircraft in my days in the military much higher, performing physical tasks without any problem. The conditioning of a Pro football player should not have any problems as long as they use the oxygen (not over use!) once in a while. This is a mind game they play in Denver. Make you think you are tired because of the air. Climatized? It's not like everyone on the Broncos was born and raised there, and play all games there anyway.

GO RAVENS!

GO RAVENS!

#19 callahan09

callahan09

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

"If the Ravens can hold Manning to completing just 55 percent of his passes, intercept him once and sack him three or more times, AccuScore says Baltimore is a 65-percent favorite."

WELL, if THAT'S all it will take to be barely favored, hahahaha.

Manning has only had 3 such games in his entire career out of 243 games played, including playoffs!

The first time was his rookie year (and that was the only time it happened in a home game for him), the next was way back in 2000, and the last was in the 2003 AFC Championship Game against New England. That was 141 games ago for him!

#20 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

how 'bout a boxing glove?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users