5 replies to this topic

#1 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Instead of inserting a link to the article, I just thought it was best to copy and paste the entire article for your reading pleasure. His tribute to Ray moved me, so I thought I would share it with the rest of my flock! Here you go:

Vince Wilfork says Ray Lewis's last home game 'sent chills up your body'

Print | Comments (6)Posted by Michael Vega, Globe Staff January 8, 2013 02:11 PM
By Michael Vega, Globe Staff

FOXBOROUGH --- Vince Wilfork said he was emotionally charged watching the final home game of his fellow University of Miami alumnus, Ray Lewis, who last week announced that this season would be his last with the Baltimore Ravens.
Lewis, who was placed on injured reserve with a torn triceps following a Week 6 triumph over the Dallas Cowboys, returned to the field for the first time since his injury and helped the Ravens to a 24-9 victory over the Indianapolis Colts in an AFC wild-card contest, recording a game-high 13 tackles.
Wilfork, who enjoyed a three-day hiatus as part of the Patriots' reward for clinching a first-round bye, watched the game on television and was pleased that it wasn't the last of Lewis's career.
"You know what, that guy means so much to the NFL,'' Wilfork said. "When I’m old and retired, this game is going to go on. People are always going to remember Ray Lewis. Always. He’s going to be remembered because the love that he has and the passion he has – I mean, the way he can get guys to rally around him, it’s unbelievable. He’s a special guy. He’s a special, special guy, especially [as a] football player
"He has every tool to be a great player. When you talk about being great and you talk about defense, the first person that comes to your mind is Ray Lewis. What he’s done over the years is ridiculous. He’s just a hell of a player, he’s a hell of a person. He’s just a great, great icon.''
Wilfork said the most stirring moment of the game for him was when Lewis made his entrance in his own inimitable style, with his trademark war dance.
"When he did that, it sent chills up your body,'' Wilfork said. "He’s been doing this for so long. It’s hard to see a guy that’s been doing it for so long and at the level that he’s been doing it – it’s unheard of. That’s class. When you talk about greatness, you’re talking about greatness right there.
"He’s one of the best that has ever done it. His name can be with some of the greatest of all-time at the position and he shows it. For 17 years, he’s shown it."

Edited by ellicottraven, 10 January 2013 - 12:44 AM.

Baltimore Ravens - classiest organization in all of organized sport!

#2 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,275 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

no doubt, class act from Wilfork and every1 should recognize the best MLB in the history. If you don't appreciate the passion of Ray Lewis on the field, you don't love sport....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#3 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

I suddenly like Vince Wilfork.

#4 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

You're a pretty special player yourself, Vince! The bulwark of the Patriots' defense for 5 Super Bowls and 3 Super Bowl wins.
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#5 The_Patriot_Way

The_Patriot_Way

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

www.patriots.com

The press conference was from earlier in the week. It's on the front page.
You can see it in video if you want.

Posted Image

#6 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

I like vince he's a good player just not when he is playing against us :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users