20 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,864 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

The Week 15 matchup with the Broncos was 'hectic,' as Caldwell was in his first as OC.

View the full article

#2 boldtown

boldtown

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

not really worried about play calling. worried more about inappropriate penalties at key moments in the game.

#3 jimgiampaoli

jimgiampaoli

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

The way that the Raven offense is playing under Caldwell tells me that they had great disdain for their former OC. Suddenly we see Pierce and Leach. Joe throwing to the middle of the field. I hope Caldwell comes back next season.

#4 Ravenz All Day

Ravenz All Day

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Caldwell is a great OC. We honestly made a great decision. He uses out teams strengths to call plays. And thats why we are gonna whoop denver this sat!!!

#5 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

The Ravens just were not themselves the first game in Bmore! Maybe, being under Caldwell, bringing the Ravens Offense out the Dark and into the light had something to do with it! The broncos, gave the Ravens their all and its on tape and the Ravens didnt show them anything! Advantage Ravens! Rice, in the slot and Pierce, in the backfield will Rattle their you know WHATS!

#6 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Jim has done a good job and will continue to do so against Denver and then New England.

#7 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

At least Caldwell is slowly dropping the "statue" in the pocket bombs away Cameron offensive schemes.Tweaking a bad game plan won't work Saturday. We need to run,run,run AND run some more to let Joe throw quick slants,wheel routes and make play action work to get Torrey&Jones deep on the Bronco secondary.Boldin&Doss can't drop any. Pitta&Dickson need to get off their blocks and give Joe options to getting sacked. A clean Flacco can beat these Broncos. GO RAY-vens !!

#8 Johnwilson

Johnwilson

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

do you know most what haven't seen from this offense sense Jim has been OC no 50 yards o n 3rd and 2 like we actually run some easy out of the pocket throws or we do some tricky runs plays. i like It!

#9 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

I hope Caldwell stays on w/us as OC next season. I know he has aspirations of Head Coaching in the future, but I hope we are fortunate enough to have him as our OC for at least a few years, to see what he can do. I have faith in him and like what I see, so far.

#10 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

caldwell deserves to be here next season as well as dean pees.

#11 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

caldwell deserves to be here next season as well as dean pees.

I guess there's no real doubt about Pees. As for Caldwell, a good offensive show on Saturday would be a huge incentive for the owner/FO to retain him, I guess...

But let's not forget that there still are teams hunting for HC's out there... And Caldwell made it clear that he would consider HC jobs again - so, maybe we will have to look for a new OC, even if wed like to retain Caldwell...

We'll see...

bio

Edited by bioLarzen, 09 January 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#12 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

I guess there's no real doubt about Pees. As for Caldwell, a good offensive show on Saturday would be a huge incentive for the owner/FO to retain him, I guess...

But let's not forget that there still are teams hunting for HC's out there... And Caldwell made it clear that he would consider HC jobs again - so, maybe we will have to look for a new OC, even if wed like to retain Caldwell...

We'll see...

bio

If we get far enough, I see Caldwell hanging onto his job. I'd rather he take a demotion to QB coach so we can hire a more experienced OC. That said, Caldwell has done admirably considering he's working with Cam's playbook. We can't really know whether or not he's a good OC or a "good enough" OC until we see what he can do with his own playbook and style.

#13 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

All I know is come in with a game plan like the giants or the colts and the offense will be ok

#14 BmoreVapor

BmoreVapor

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

I gotta say that Caldwell has given this offense a new ID and its fatastic. Teams NEVER do what we did in firing the OC this late in the season at the brink of the playoffs...which to me says a lot about who the RAVENS REALLY ARE! this is exiting. WE make molds for the league with how we do things and thats great

#15 feartheflock

feartheflock

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

I gotta say that Caldwell has given this offense a new ID and its fatastic. Teams NEVER do what we did in firing the OC this late in the season at the brink of the playoffs...which to me says a lot about who the RAVENS REALLY ARE! this is exiting. WE make molds for the league with how we do things and thats great

Its a bit too early to say Caldwell has given this offense a new ID. He's had 2 good home wins. That really doesn't show much. We've put up big numbers at home with Cam several times before. This game at Denver will determine whether it really was Cam holding us back or if Flacco just can't get the job done.

#16 Jfravens

Jfravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

I remember saying i would love to have Calwell as our Oc for a long time, and 10 people Neg me, Now everyone love him too! This is really great! he's a smart man and im sure he's able to go all the way as a OC!

#17 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

It was not a good game it was a Great game Saturday.We need another like that one. PLEASE.

#18 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

The play book has remained the same, I'm sure Caldwell will be adding and changing it this off season. It was the play calling that Cam was doing that was killing us. He was way to predictable. He had alot of good plays, just the wrong timing. I could practicly guess what we were going to do every time from 34 rows up.We weren't fooling any defenses. Caldwell has made a big difference in that area already and will continue to mix it up even with Cam's play book.

#19 Boondock1957

Boondock1957

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Calwell has incorporated the short pass into the offense rather then always throwing it downfield. A good dose of the run with Rice and Pierce on a more consistant basis only helps with playaction passing. This is Cam's offense but Calwell has tweeked it and made it his own. If the Ravens play well this Saturday I think that Calwell will be retained as OC. If not, there may be a change ( OC from outside) although the Ravens have a history of hiring from within.

#20 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Boondock, I agree with you with one ecception, I think Caldwell will be our OC next season win or loose. I don;t think they will ditch um before he really has a chance to start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users