Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Jim Caldwell Has Feet Wet This Time Around

36 posts in this topic

The Week 15 matchup with the Broncos was 'hectic,' as Caldwell was in his first as OC.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Jim-Caldwell-Has-Feet-Wet-This-Time-Around/1217692b-8788-4fa3-84db-4e4a099f9f19]View the full article[/url]

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 11, 2013 - Off topic · Report post

hteir are no tie`s in the playoff`s

It's just overtime until somebody wins.

[quote name='Valid1' timestamp='1357768072' post='1299848']
It's just overtime until somebody wins.
[/quote]
But they set the clock for 15 minutes. Do they just reset the clock when it runs out? What's the point of setting it at all?

I think Jacoby could be a big time receiver i say we use him like Q he defiantly has the passion for a great time wide receiver.

The way that the Raven offense is playing under Caldwell tells me that they had great disdain for their former OC. Suddenly we see Pierce and Leach. Joe throwing to the middle of the field. I hope Caldwell comes back next season.

Caldwell is a great OC. We honestly made a great decision. He uses out teams strengths to call plays. And thats why we are gonna whoop denver this sat!!!

Not to mention we have most of our defense back!

The Ravens just were not themselves the first game in Bmore! Maybe, being under Caldwell, bringing the Ravens Offense out the Dark and into the light had something to do with it! The broncos, gave the Ravens their all and its on tape and the Ravens didnt show them anything! Advantage Ravens! Rice, in the slot and Pierce, in the backfield will Rattle their you know WHATS!

Jim has done a good job and will continue to do so against Denver and then New England.

At least Caldwell is slowly dropping the "statue" in the pocket bombs away Cameron offensive schemes.Tweaking a bad game plan won't work Saturday. We need to run,run,run AND run some more to let Joe throw quick slants,wheel routes and make play action work to get Torrey&Jones deep on the Bronco secondary.Boldin&Doss can't drop any. Pitta&Dickson need to get off their blocks and give Joe options to getting sacked. A clean Flacco can beat these Broncos. GO RAY-vens !!

Keep our defense off the field and "they" can't run it down out throats or have Manning being toasted as kong of the QBs again/ Time for McPhee to meet Peyton face to chest. No helmet to helmet. Time of possession will determine the winner. Ray will scheme a run defense.....................Cary must cover his man and Joe needs "elite" time consuming drives. Good Luck RAY-vens!!

do you know most what haven't seen from this offense sense Jim has been OC no 50 yards o n 3rd and 2 like we actually run some easy out of the pocket throws or we do some tricky runs plays. i like It!

I hope Caldwell stays on w/us as OC next season. I know he has aspirations of Head Coaching in the future, but I hope we are fortunate enough to have him as our OC for at least a few years, to see what he can do. I have faith in him and like what I see, so far.

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1357768135' post='1299850']
But they set the clock for 15 minutes. Do they just reset the clock when it runs out? What's the point of setting it at all?
[/quote]

According to wiki, "[i][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]in post-season overtime, multiple 15-minute overtime periods may be played until a winner is declared.[/size][/font][/color][/i]" So yes, multiple 15-minute overtime periods are played,until one team scores.

What's the point of the 15-minute periods then? I guess the 3 minute interval between them. Players usually need those rather bad at that point :)

Also, my understanding is (although I'm not sure about that) that the teams get 2 timeouts for each 15 minute period.

bio

[quote name='The Greek' timestamp='1357776953' post='1300031']
caldwell deserves to be here next season as well as dean pees.
[/quote]

I guess there's no real doubt about Pees. As for Caldwell, a good offensive show on Saturday would be a huge incentive for the owner/FO to retain him, I guess...

But let's not forget that there still are teams hunting for HC's out there... And Caldwell made it clear that he would consider HC jobs again - so, maybe we will have to look for a new OC, even if wed like to retain Caldwell...

We'll see...

bio

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1357777262' post='1300038']
I guess there's no real doubt about Pees. As for Caldwell, a good offensive show on Saturday would be a huge incentive for the owner/FO to retain him, I guess...

But let's not forget that there still are teams hunting for HC's out there... And Caldwell made it clear that he would consider HC jobs again - so, maybe we will have to look for a new OC, even if wed like to retain Caldwell...

We'll see...

bio
[/quote]
If we get far enough, I see Caldwell hanging onto his job. I'd rather he take a demotion to QB coach so we can hire a more experienced OC. That said, Caldwell has done admirably considering he's working with Cam's playbook. We can't really know whether or not he's a good OC or a "good enough" OC until we see what he can do with his own playbook and style.

i hope Flacco watches Manning on every Broncos positions so he can learn a thing or so and apply it to his own game, cnt just sit on the sideline and act like u dont care... its going to be a close game Ravens win 27-17

I love the writers here. They always say what we are thinking!

I gotta say that Caldwell has given this offense a new ID and its fatastic. Teams NEVER do what we did in firing the OC this late in the season at the brink of the playoffs...which to me says a lot about who the RAVENS REALLY ARE! this is exiting. WE make molds for the league with how we do things and thats great

[quote name='BmoreVapor' timestamp='1357785671' post='1300207']
I gotta say that Caldwell has given this offense a new ID and its fatastic. Teams NEVER do what we did in firing the OC this late in the season at the brink of the playoffs...which to me says a lot about who the RAVENS REALLY ARE! this is exiting. WE make molds for the league with how we do things and thats great
[/quote]Its a bit too early to say Caldwell has given this offense a new ID. He's had 2 good home wins. That really doesn't show much. We've put up big numbers at home with Cam several times before. This game at Denver will determine whether it really was Cam holding us back or if Flacco just can't get the job done.

I remember saying i would love to have Calwell as our Oc for a long time, and 10 people Neg me, Now everyone love him too! This is really great! he's a smart man and im sure he's able to go all the way as a OC!

I hope Flacco DOES NOT watch Manning. Flacco has his own style and should not copy someone else's. NEVER saw him sit and act like he doesn't care. Don't know what you are watching Guicci but you got it all wrong. This kid cares and cares a lot but because he is not boisterous he looks like he doesn't care. Stay the way you are Flacco and win this game. Go Ravens.

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1357777021' post='1300033']
According to wiki, "[i][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]in post-season overtime, multiple 15-minute overtime periods may be played until a winner is declared.[/size][/font][/color][/i]" So yes, multiple 15-minute overtime periods are played,until one team scores.

What's the point of the 15-minute periods then? I guess the 3 minute interval between them. Players usually need those rather bad at that point :)

Also, my understanding is (although I'm not sure about that) that the teams get 2 timeouts for each 15 minute period.

bio
[/quote]

change of fields after each quarter too

The play book has remained the same, I'm sure Caldwell will be adding and changing it this off season. It was the play calling that Cam was doing that was killing us. He was way to predictable. He had alot of good plays, just the wrong timing. I could practicly guess what we were going to do every time from 34 rows up.We weren't fooling any defenses. Caldwell has made a big difference in that area already and will continue to mix it up even with Cam's play book.