Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ray Lewis vs. Peyton Manning One Last Time

48 posts in this topic

The two veterans have matched wits for years, but Peyton Manning didn’t want to talk about it.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ray-Lewis-vs-Peyton-Manning-One-Last-Time/ff57ead0-1b3f-4065-b6f6-28e705d5d84f]View the full article[/url]

[i]"It's just two people who understand the game very well," Lewis said. "Offensively, he understands what things he wants to see. [u][b]And defensively, we understand what things we don't want him to see. [/b][/u]That's where the chess match comes in."[/i]

^ awesome! two of the greatest to ever play the game are at it again. no doubt that Ray will bring his whole wealth of football knowledge to this game so that the "Last Ride" continues!

~Mili

Manning is the best and has a great record against us. We all get that. HOWEVER, in the majority of games we play against him we have been able to throw him off his game a little bit. We just need to throw a lot of choas at him. Show blitz at the last min to force him to audible without him realizing it was a bluff and vice versa. Everytime Manning audibles we should audible. We did that in the game a few years back and the Colts only scored 15 points off field goals.

All we as a team needs to focus on is that Peyton Manning's record in the playoffs. Not stellar so he has been beat more times that he has beaten some team. So let us go play ball and show them Denverites that Baltimore is not a team to be underestimated!

Broncos QB depth chart:
Peyton Manning, Brock Osweiler, Caleb Hanie
They are in serious trouble if we knock Peyton out.
He will also be wearing a glove because he still get's a tingling sensation in his fingers when the weather is cold.
I know those gloves are tacky when there dry,but not sure if there meant for wet weather?

We need to perform like we did against the Giants and the Colts.We have to keep the "Fire & Desire",and reek havoc.Organized Chaos will keep Manning guessing and off the field so the offense can light it up.

Manning is 0-3 in postseason games below 40 degrees. He%u2019s 64-120 with 612 yards, one touchdown and 7 interceptions in those losses. Saturday%u2019s high in Denver is 22 degrees, that%u2019s 18 degrees below 40.

i think the weather may take manning out and i don't know how denver backup qb's are honestly not one of the teams i follow . I don't think they are going to fall over but i for one am fed up with the negativity and crap i keep seeing and the sarcasm no one is THAT good if they are why have they lost any games?

Key Factor to beating Denver = Kruger and Suggs getting to Manning
Other strong factors = Flacco scoring and Ed Reed Ball Hawking and Ray Lewis stopping the Run.

Most important is the pass rushers getting to Manning

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 10, 2013 - Inappropriate remark · Report post

Im sure the teammates wouldnt mind contributing money for the 50k fine to who ever lands the hit that ends Mannings career. May Sound ruthless but 31 out 32 football nations are forgetting who Ravens Nation. RAVENS NATION PUT THE FEAR BACK IN THEM ALL.

2 More key factors. Controlling time of possesion. Manning can't beat you from the side line. No turnovers. Lets not make the game easy for the Broncos. Its a lot harder to beat this Ravens team when we don't turn the ball over.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 10, 2013 - Quoted post removed for unsportmanlike comment · Report post

[quote name='BMORE = BEASTING' timestamp='1357760939' post='1299690']
Im sure the teammates wouldnt mind contributing money for the 50k fine to who ever lands the hit that ends Mannings career. May Sound ruthless but 31 out 32 football nations are forgetting who Ravens Nation. RAVENS NATION PUT THE FEAR BACK IN THEM ALL.
[/quote]not cool dude no one wants to injure another player like that

I don't think you want to injure players and end their careers but you defiantly wanna hit hard make them scared throw them off their game just lay a whooping on Peyton please

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 10, 2013 - Off topic · Report post

*Definitely

They should have mentioned in this article how in the last playoff meeting @ M&T Bank Staduim Ray and the Ravens defense did not allow a single touchdown by Peyton Manning. They won on all field Goals

The record makes it look like Peyton owns Ray but the reality is that our offenses of the past couldnt score on their D but Ray lewis actually did win some of those battles

Tough game ahead. Wicked weather; hard opponent; tested in all phases.

I look forward to this game more than any in the past 5 years.
If we win - and we can - it becomes the epitome of team toughness.

Go Ravens.

Yes, I know what the W/L record shows, but Big Ray and the D has always played well against Manning. My worst memory was at the Playoff game against Indy when Mcnair and the gang fell all over themselves. It was Bad. However, the D held the Mannings to 5 field goals two of them came on turnoversin field goal range and manning couldn' move the against Ray and the gang. We can beat the Mannings on D. But to win the game the O has to come through like thay did this past Sunday.

Are they calling for bad weather on Saturday in Denver? I have not heard that was the case for game time..

Joe Flacco, will do all the Talking for Ray Ray this time! Caldwell, will Empty the clip and have that Offense "SMOKIN"!