52 replies to this topic

#1 RobFuseRaven

RobFuseRaven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

I've seen a lot of comments on him either being the "NEXT AJ GREEN~!!" or him being absolute garbage. I was wondering what the Ravens community thinks of him and can he be developed into a top receiver. I see his long arms and speed and hope that he can be developed. I thought his hands looked suspect during combine. I haven't really watched a lot of college games with him. All I've seen for the most part are youtube clips.

AREYOUNOTENTERTAINED_zpsc5c83436.png

“If anybody comes inside, I want to kill them.” -Marshal Yanda

#2 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,399 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

He's still an unknown at this point. He played sparingly in the preseason and of course is on injured reserve right now. He had a nice slant route that resulted in a TD in the preseason, but it's not enough to judge him on. Everyone knew he was raw coming out of college.

To answer you're question simply, though, I'd just say you'll have to wait and see. College tape won't tell what kind of player he'll be in the NFL.

#3 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

He's a long, long way from being ready and is already playing a position with the highest failure/bust rate in football, so the odds are stacked against him. He does however have ideal physical traits and seems coachable and hungry but that will only get him so far. It remains to be seen if he has the innate intangibles to become something special.

#4 TXRaven

TXRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

He is very raw, but I saw him play in college more than a little bit. The kid has talent. A project yes but one worth working with.

#5 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,097 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

According to Webb, he was beating him earlier this year in camp. I'm sure he's raw. If he wasn't raw he would be playing on the active roster unless that IR tag is legit, which I doubt.

#6 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

I feel like he has the tools to be successful, physically, but can he get the mental aspect down and does he have the drive? I've also only seen highlights and anyone can look good in highlights. With the way the offense will be playing now, I don't see any reason why his career can't take off if he wants it too. I think next year he get his chances. His hands have been the question mark and it seemed Deonte, who had the same problem, has already jumped ahead on the depth chart.

#7 ravensfan2430

ravensfan2430

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

"Developing Tommy Streeter" sounds like a movie title.
GO Ravens!!

#8 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,933 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

I think more Marcus Colston then AJ Green, at least right now. What i mean by that is, you won't see the offensive game plan surround him like the Bengals do with AJ. He'll be more a part of a system and that's why he'll succeed, at least early on.

If the Ravens were still being held back by Cam, I would say he's no more then a Malcolm Floyd type. Throw the ball up down field and let him go get it a couple times a game. However, with Caldwell I think he'll be used much differently. Not sure how of course, but I don't think he'll be wasted.

I could see him used in the slot some and take advantage of his catch radius. Just his size alone makes him a redzone option, but he'll need to be more then that. I think Flacco will loving throwing to him because of his catch radius. Flacco's throws tend to sail and 6'5" WR would certainly help.

mj5v69.jpg

#9 big hits and ball hawks

big hits and ball hawks

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Even though he's on IR, is he still able to go to the Castle to work out and study film and the playbook with everyone else?

I just wonder what guys do when they are put on IR. I assume guys like Webb and McBean, who are definitely injured, are rehabbing and will make appearances if schedules allow or something like that. I just wonder about guys like Streeter and Rainey, because I don't believe they are on IR for injury reasons.

#10 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,941 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

His ceiling is Marques Colston.

His floor is Demetrius Williams.

I got high hopes for him though.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#11 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,234 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

I look at him and think "Malcolm Floyd" - they're both stick thin, and it took Floyd forever to bust out. If he develops he could be very good - the best thing to do would be to find a coordinator (maybe it's Caldwell) who's actively trying to get as many guys on the field as possible - I've always felt that actual game experience is the quickest way to develop any player - just look at Torrey.

#12 kassaiscool

kassaiscool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

6'5, 220 pounds. 4.40 at the combine, Physically hes a beast. Although his vertical leap was 33, I can see him being a deep ball target for Joe. One of those guys like a Malcolm Floyd from the chargers. His hands are somewhat suspect, but I think he can work on them like Torrey is doing and improve enough that it won't be a factor in his game in a negative way. I really see a good future for him with the ravens.

#13 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Honestly it's hard to say but I think he has a lot of upside. I'm looking forward to watching him this offseason to see if he has come along since the last time we saw him. Hopefully he is stronger and has a better grasp of what it takes to play WR in the NFL. I wouldnt expect a huge year from him in 2013 but I think he will be on the roster and have a significant role in the offense.

@gabefergy

#14 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

I am super excited to see this kid grow. If i'm encouraged by anything, its that we made Torrey and Jacoby's hands much better. I am more concerned with his route running and using that 4.4 on the field which i haven't seen. I will be really happy to see him snag a dozen receptions next year though.

Edited by Bravens292, 09 January 2013 - 04:03 PM.

"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#15 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,724 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

According to Webb, he was beating him earlier this year in camp. I'm sure he's raw. If he wasn't raw he would be playing on the active roster unless that IR tag is legit, which I doubt.

This. Webb stated that Streeter was beating everybody in camp, he was uncoverable. So maybe he't not as far away as we may think.

Edited by Bltravens, 09 January 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#16 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

This. Webb stated that Streeter was beating everybody in camp, he was uncoverable. So maybe he't not as far away as we may think.

yep and to be honest to him, there was no room on the roster this year for him... but he needs to secure one for himself for next year

#17 Clayton Bigsby

Clayton Bigsby

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

I personally don't see him doing much for us.

#18 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,840 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Once he learns how to catch he will be a lethal weapon.

#19 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,516 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Once he learns how to catch he will be a lethal weapon.

What bout his route running?

#20 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Remember when they had the players quotes on the rookies. Boldin was quoted saying that Streeter was beating every DB at practice including Webb. It was pre season but still, he has talent. Work with this guy he could be a monster!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users