91 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,283 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

Hardly anybody outside of Baltimore is giving the Ravens a chance to win.

View the full article

#2 Dilfer Rules

Dilfer Rules

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

FIRST!!!!! ESPN rides Peyton Manning soo hard its crazy. If Flacco didnt throw the pick 6 that score is 27-24 Broncos......We didnt get "destroyed" as most folks seem to want to imply....

#3 CQ1

CQ1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

looks like we just have SOMETHING TO PROVE, doesn't it !

#4 raven410

raven410

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Yeah I think the media and Broncos fans might be writing a check that the Broncos may not be able to cash. I'm mad and I'm not even a player, so I can only imagine how the players feel. I almost feel sorry for the Broncos....almost *sly smile*

#5 Amesr52

Amesr52

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

idc what ppl say. Im not hearing any talk about Manning going against a Defense that was missing half of it starters...Haloti and Suggs played threw injuries and still are. Our best 3 linebackers were out that game(Lewis,Ellerbe,McClain) And our safety Bernard Pollard didnt play. Those are our best defenders and we are still missing our #1 cb. So forget all these critics and ESPN. How about they look at the stats since we started getting our players back? They have been good against run and pass. Plus some younger players have stepped up the that premier lvl. Pierce on offense and Kruger, Graham on Defense. Now having our best players with the fuel of being underdogs and wanting to get Lewis his last superbowl title this game should be intense and not just some walk in the park like the media blows it out to be like.

#6 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

Peyton dosent win playoff games or cold weather games one hit on him and hes gonna b rattled the whole game were not the same team they faced our o-line made improved changes our blitz packages was looking good.were gonna kick dener butt

#7 PurplePassion824

PurplePassion824

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

As 4evermore23 said, KEEP BLITZING. It worked really well last week. I hope our team is ready for 20 degree or lower weather.

#8 DretheRavenFan

DretheRavenFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

When we win I will be on Denvers website

#9 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

They suit 53, we suit 53,... Denver's in our way from Ray doin' the 'Squirrel' in N'Awlins,....

#10 steelraven

steelraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Flacco needs to realize that, in the regular season you earn your paycheck and in the post season you make your legacy. This is the perfect game to start that legacy and earn his respect

#11 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Well, then call me "hardly anybody". There are plenty of us outside of Baltimore that believe in the Ravens. We just don't work for the sports media...

#12 ravensykoh

ravensykoh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

If we werent a successful franchise, didnt have productive seasons on a consistent basis, and didnt constantly keep making it to the playoffs...We would never get any media attention or any attention from people outside of Baltimore. One of the things I love most about our team is that WE MAKE the media and outside people talk about us, because of how we play every game. Sure we might have our embarrassing or pathetic low moments, but we always turn it around and have shining brilliant moments. We dont get favored or love like the Pats, Steelers, Broncos, Falcons, etc... but we handle our business and force ourselves amongst those teams that are put on a high media pedestal. I just love it!!!! The NFL, media, and outside fans hope, wish, and pray that we screw up and end up a laughing stock team and organization, but unfortunately thats just not in our nature! Whether the media loves us or not WE COULD CARE LESS!!! BEAT Denver and whoever we get in the AFC championship and bring home that Lombardi.

#13 arizonaravensfan

arizonaravensfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

It's great to read how confident our players are. I look back at the last 3 years and see losses on the road to good playoff teams . I wish I was as confident as our players.

#14 ravensykoh

ravensykoh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

@steelraven AMEN!!! Preach that truth! Flacco better have saved everything for this postseason run. If there was ever an opportune time for Joe to silence critics and shut the media up with their jokes and disrespect, now is his chance. Show up Peyton Manning like you did Brady last year, and then repeat that level in the AFC championship...then just shine in the Superbowl and claim your legacy amongst the TRUE ELITE. When you have a superbowl ring on your finger thats what tells people you are elite, not fancy stats and records!

#15 foxy843

foxy843

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

If I was our players I would be confident as well. We are battle tested, yes we lost some very heart-wrenching games in the past, but that is something to build on. This team has been through all kinds of adversity. They know what I means to scrap and claw. The Broncos have won one playoff game in the past 15 years. They are not battle tested and hardened like our players. We will see how Peyton enjoys playing in freezing temperatures. It should be a good one.

#16 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

I was thinking, if Joe can go toe-to-toe with T Brady and be successful, there is absolutely no reason he can't do the same with Peyton. He just needs to "get this monkey off his back" kind of thing.

#17 ravensykoh

ravensykoh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Cant wait to see the media%u2019s reaction when they dont see this miraculous blow out they are all expecting by Denver and how they react when we BEAT I mean (upset, since we are underdogs) Denver!!!

#18 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Apparently everyone wants to see a Brady vs. Manning Championship Game, then a Brady/Manning vs. Rodgers Super Bowl. Let's rain on their parade! Go Ravens!!!

#19 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

How many Denver fans believe that Manning or any man for that matter can sustain a Ngata or Mt. Cody sack? We're in full attack mode!!!

#20 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

i feel good about saturdays game. we can beat them. special teams must cause turnovers and the return teams hopefully will put the offense on a short field

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users