Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purple Nurple

Rob Ryan?

24 posts in this topic

Lol.

This my first ever "hire this guy?" Thread. I do love both brothers gusto. Plus, he ain't Rex, although close. I'd welcome him. Another Ryan?

I would love for this to happen. I just don't think John would want that type of personality on his coaching staff.

I was surprised when i saw that Nurps made this thread...lol. Idk, i guess i wouldn't mind him. Pees probably won't get fired though, and even if he did, John doesn't really want that kind of personality on his staff, like Ravens<3 said.

I'd love this. Rob was basically fired because the offense turned the ball over on short fields and because of injuries. I think his talking is also very exaggerated. I mean he isn't like Rex who made the national media. If its restricted to local media then who cares. Baltimore fans would probably enjoy his personality and I bet the players would love him.

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1357715152' post='1299224']
Lol.

This my first ever "hire this guy?" Thread. I do love both brothers gusto. Plus, he ain't Rex, although close. I'd welcome him. Another Ryan?
[/quote]

I'm in. We need an aggressor like that. My only worry will be how much more our guys (in the secondary) will lose their cool or become more arrogant (Cary) with a guy like Ryan at the helm.

Yeah, we want Rob because he did [i]such[/i] a good job with the Cowboys. When you have Demarcus Ware and those corners, your defense should not be that bad.

[quote name='T3hRaven' timestamp='1357753010' post='1299579']
Yeah, we want Rob because he did [i]such[/i] a good job with the Cowboys. When you have Demarcus Ware and those corners, your defense should not be that bad.
[/quote]

When he had the full team at the beginning of the season, their D and corners were playing out of their minds. But then they took some major hits to their linebacking core and D-Line. Teams were able to run right down the middle making Ware less effective. Plus Ware was battling injuries himself.

I honestly don't put all the blame on Rob Ryan for the bad defensive performance during the second half. I compare their situation a lot to ours.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1357754346' post='1299598']
I honestly don't put all the blame on Rob Ryan for the bad defensive performance during the second half. I compare their situation a lot to ours.
[/quote]

This wasn't the first year he had problems though. His mouth just seals the deal.

When he had the full team at the beginning of the season, their D and corners were playing out of their minds. But then they took some major hits to their linebacking core and D-Line. Teams were able to run right down the middle making Ware less effective. Plus Ware was battling injuries himself.

[/quote]

In the same time Pees had to deal with injuries of key players as well and I think he did just as good of a job managing these problems as Rob did. But unlike Rob, Dean does not have that "abrasive" Ryan personality.

Like you said or situations were similar, but Dean Pees seems to be a better fit for the team.

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1357715152' post='1299224']
Lol.

[/quote]

You just had to go there, didn't you dude? :lol:

I think we should keep Pees. He knows the players and they seem to be coming together. Not only that be doesn't seem too egotistical to make adjustments if a game plan isn't working. I like what hes doing with our battered defense and feel we should only improve with players back healthy (Haloti, Suggs, Webb, McClain, Pollard and Ellerbe) and a reload from Ozzie in the draft. I would only want Rex back anyway as far as Ryan's.

[/quote]

They had to play without their best corner... Sean Lee.

apprently he was fired for not coping well while injuries occured [url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/10/jerry-jones-injuries-are-no-excuse-for-cowboys-bad-defense/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/10/jerry-jones-injuries-are-no-excuse-for-cowboys-bad-defense/[/url]
pretty much the assessment i had for our D in the RT thread I created - you cannot blame poor/bad performance for a good part of the season only on injuries
these said, he's not coming to Bmore 'cause of the "fitting" issues Harbs might have with his personality

[quote name='YYZ66' timestamp='1357790049' post='1300260']
You just had to go there, didn't you dude? :lol:
[/quote]

It was on my bucket list. What can I say. :P

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1357834830' post='1300552']
It was on my bucket list. What can I say. :P
[/quote]

OK, I understand. :D
Ya know what, as soon as the Eagles release Vick, I'm starting that thread! LOL

[quote name='YYZ66' timestamp='1357842508' post='1300666']
OK, I understand. :D
Ya know what, as soon as the Eagles release Vick, I'm starting that thread! LOL
[/quote]

the next second he gets release he'll get signed by KC

[quote name='jus'_crAzy' timestamp='1357829800' post='1300495']
They had to play without their best corner... Sean Lee.
[/quote]

Um...Lee is a linebacker.

[quote name='INRavensgirl' timestamp='1358140435' post='1311152']
Um...Lee is a linebacker.
[/quote]
If you lead your team in picks, you're a DB. I don't care what it says on the roster. Also, it's hilarious.

[quote name='jus'_crAzy' timestamp='1358172841' post='1311342']
If you lead your team in picks, you're a DB. I don't care what it says on the roster. Also, it's hilarious.
[/quote]
So then I guess Wilfork was the best DB on the pats last season for like 6 games lolololol

[quote name='Sizzlebshu' timestamp='1358189164' post='1311809']
So then I guess Wilfork was the best DB on the pats last season for like 6 games lolololol
[/quote]
Now you're getting it.

[quote name='jus'_crAzy' timestamp='1358190725' post='1311854']
Now you're getting it.
[/quote]
Honestly watching Wilfork run after those picks was the most hilarious thing I have ever seen. Run Fat man runnnnnnnnnnnnn! Seriously straight out of a cartoon lol.