49 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,872 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

The Ravens quarterback said that the pick six in Week 15 only stuck with him for a few minutes.

View the full article

#2 RavenManiac20

RavenManiac20

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Ive been a critic of Joe myself in the past. But all he needs to do is play like he did last game. Take care of the ball, and have a good game. We dont need him to be great to win, although that would be fantastic. We need him to protect the ball and get Rice/Pierce going and the rest will take care of itself. Im not even worried about our defense performing.

#3 mark0408

mark0408

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

I have faith Flacco will throw for 300 plus yards and 3 TD's.

#4 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

I hope he moved on, we got a game to win. That INT did not keep us out of the playoffs. This is Festivus baby, so Joe go play like you did last January in Foxborough. When you want to, you can ball. Don't overthink it, just pretend Mile High is your backyard and go do what you do best.

#5 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,439 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

I hope he moved on, we got a game to win. That INT did not keep us out of the playoffs. This is Festivus baby, so Joe go play like you did last January in Foxborough. When you want to, you can ball. Don't overthink it, just pretend Mile High is your backyard and go do what you do best.

At some point of the game he will have to make a big time throw (happens in every game after all), maybe into good coverage, maybe a bomb to a receiver that is far away, maybe a contested throw allowing his receivers to make a play on it. If Joe hesitates, because he is afraid he throws an interception again, that could mean the difference between an interception and a touchdown.
Having that short term amnesia to be able to move on from bad plays and not to be afraid to risk it all again is a crucial element of quarterbacking, imho. I hope the coaching staff will be able to move on as well and doesn't get conservative all of a sudden, because they are "afraid to lose".
You can go 3 and out running the ball as well, after all. Remember the game against the Browns? I think the Broncos are a bit overhyped by sports analyst like any good team. They are not unbeatable, but they are certainly not Cleveland either.

Edited by PolishRifle, 08 January 2013 - 08:58 PM.

bJNF689.jpg

#6 BMoreRelentless

BMoreRelentless

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

The only QB I want to see flaccoing is Manning after he throws a pick while getting planted into mle high turf by Suga!!

#7 asraul10

asraul10

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

I have no idea why, but this game will be a defensive war. I honestly am predicting a low scoring game, around 13-10 kind of result. Our defense will win this one for us, and we will advance, hopefully to Foxborough once more.

#8 raven5286

raven5286

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

I want our defense to fly out of Denver with a win so we can get retribution on New England

#9 Popeye the sailor man

Popeye the sailor man

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

If the Ravens play like they did with the Colts and the defense does their job then Joe Flacco will show Peyton Manning what we called Flaccoing, I'm sure Tom Brady not being to comfortable right now thinking of maybe facing the Ravens

#10 Popeye the sailor man

Popeye the sailor man

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

I'd like to be able to say next week " Hey Peyton you were just Flaccoed " Ha,ha,ha, this could be the start of something

#11 mearzunkies

mearzunkies

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Stop looking ahead. Win this one then talk about where we are going to play!

#12 NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

As long as we use both Rice and Pierce, play solid defense like against the Colts lead by our General, have Joe Flacco protect the ball. We should be good. Its going to be cold Saturday. If our defense can play well enough, by the 3rd quarter they wont even want to be on the field. We gotta make Peyton uncomfortable. Run to move the chains on 3rd and short, convert successfully. This game's gonna be tough but if we want it bad enough they wont stand in our way. I just don't want to feel like last year when Cundiff missed that kick. One of the worst feelings in my life...

#13 M@rtinez

M@rtinez

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Joe can and has shown he is ready to make any throw, its whether his RECEIVER(s) he throws do does his job and catches the ball!

#14 GO_Ravens

GO_Ravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

We have to still do better on defense against the run. We fix this and we will be tough to beat.

#15 NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Yea our receivers need to step up as well. Q has played great, and he's gonna have a good game Saturday as well. But I have a feeling they are going to put Champ on Q. So we need Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, and Doss to rise up. Joe can play great but he cant do it all on his own. Our receivers need to get separation and catch the ball when thrown too.

#16 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

One thing that is great about Flacco is that he moves on from all things. Both negative and positive. Maybe he needs to fester on the positive a little bit, but that is just his personality I suppose. He does not let anything affect him. Why that is, I don't know, but he seems to be able to move on from disastrous games pretty quickly....

#17 J.Flacco#5

J.Flacco#5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Lets go flacco!

#18 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

He already beat one Manning.

#19 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

he brings it like he did with eli we got this .

#20 NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

"The enemy outnumber us Spartans 3 to 1....Good odds for any Greek" ~300.

Ravens Nation Stand Up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users