Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Joe Flacco Moved On From Broncos Interception

54 posts in this topic

The Ravens quarterback said that the pick six in Week 15 only stuck with him for a few minutes.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Joe-Flacco-Moved-On-From-Broncos-Interception/9603e2bc-4382-44b2-9ca6-8faf89991f28]View the full article[/url]

Ive been a critic of Joe myself in the past. But all he needs to do is play like he did last game. Take care of the ball, and have a good game. We dont need him to be great to win, although that would be fantastic. We need him to protect the ball and get Rice/Pierce going and the rest will take care of itself. Im not even worried about our defense performing.

I hope he moved on, we got a game to win. That INT did not keep us out of the playoffs. This is Festivus baby, so Joe go play like you did last January in Foxborough. When you want to, you can ball. Don't overthink it, just pretend Mile High is your backyard and go do what you do best.

[quote name='cobrajet' timestamp='1357696117' post='1298904']
I hope he moved on, we got a game to win. That INT did not keep us out of the playoffs. This is Festivus baby, so Joe go play like you did last January in Foxborough. When you want to, you can ball. Don't overthink it, just pretend Mile High is your backyard and go do what you do best.
[/quote]

At some point of the game he will have to make a big time throw (happens in every game after all), maybe into good coverage, maybe a bomb to a receiver that is far away, maybe a contested throw allowing his receivers to make a play on it. If Joe hesitates, because he is afraid he throws an interception again, that could mean the difference between an interception and a touchdown.
Having that short term amnesia to be able to move on from bad plays and not to be afraid to risk it all again is a crucial element of quarterbacking, imho. I hope the coaching staff will be able to move on as well and doesn't get conservative all of a sudden, because they are "afraid to lose".
You can go 3 and out running the ball as well, after all. Remember the game against the Browns? I think the Broncos are a bit overhyped by sports analyst like any good team. They are not unbeatable, but they are certainly not Cleveland either.

I have no idea why, but this game will be a defensive war. I honestly am predicting a low scoring game, around 13-10 kind of result. Our defense will win this one for us, and we will advance, hopefully to Foxborough once more.

If the Ravens play like they did with the Colts and the defense does their job then Joe Flacco will show Peyton Manning what we called Flaccoing, I'm sure Tom Brady not being to comfortable right now thinking of maybe facing the Ravens

As long as we use both Rice and Pierce, play solid defense like against the Colts lead by our General, have Joe Flacco protect the ball. We should be good. Its going to be cold Saturday. If our defense can play well enough, by the 3rd quarter they wont even want to be on the field. We gotta make Peyton uncomfortable. Run to move the chains on 3rd and short, convert successfully. This game's gonna be tough but if we want it bad enough they wont stand in our way. I just don't want to feel like last year when Cundiff missed that kick. One of the worst feelings in my life...

Joe can and has shown he is ready to make any throw, its whether his RECEIVER(s) he throws do does his job and catches the ball!

Yea our receivers need to step up as well. Q has played great, and he's gonna have a good game Saturday as well. But I have a feeling they are going to put Champ on Q. So we need Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, and Doss to rise up. Joe can play great but he cant do it all on his own. Our receivers need to get separation and catch the ball when thrown too.

One thing that is great about Flacco is that he moves on from all things. Both negative and positive. Maybe he needs to fester on the positive a little bit, but that is just his personality I suppose. He does not let anything affect him. Why that is, I don't know, but he seems to be able to move on from disastrous games pretty quickly....

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 9, 2013 - Off topic · Report post

Give it up Flacco, you can't and won't beat Manning.

[quote name='Cappy' timestamp='1357702646' post='1299081']
[/quote]

Give it up, Crappy. Crawl back under the rock from which you came.

I think we stand a very good chance the cold definitely affects Peytons ability to play with the neck injury and residual he has . he is wearing a special glove on saturday . we have as good a chance as anyone. I want Brady and the pats and the broncos are in the way . keep him on the bench and he can't win its that simple . Joe is very good this time of the year and he doesn't need any help to play in the cold .

[quote name='mark0408' timestamp='1357695736' post='1298893']
I have faith Flacco will throw for 300 plus yards and 3 TD's.
[/quote]
they shouldn't force him too, feed the ball to pierce and rice

I remember that play so vividly, just because of the string of foul language that came out of my Dad after it happened.

Flacco is going to be OUR QB, our franchise QB, im a fan of him and i've always been! I know i have criticized him this season , but its all because i want him to show all those haters that he is the best! Ravensnation believe me, THE RAVENS are going to win this Saturday vs Denver! RAVENS ALL DAY! we are going to the SuperBowl haters!!! Keep faith

Majority of the analysts on these networks did not watch the Ravens vs. Broncos game in Week 15, clearly. Everyone is quick to remember the 34-17 win but even quicker to forget the Ravens: Had just fired their OC and brought up Caldwell, Lost Bernard Pierce and Torrey Smith early to injuries, were playing without Ellerbe, Ray Lewis, Marshall Yanda (one of our best linemen), McClain, oh and did I forget to mention Bernard Pollard was also INACTIVE. Not to mention it was WEEK 15! NOT PLAYING FOR AFC CHAMPIONSHIP game. Of course I suppose the Ravens were SUPPOSED to beat up on the Colts 24-9 right? Yet almost everyone was certain Luck would throw all over the Ravens. Just as everyone is certain the Broncos will destroy the Ravens lol.. It's okay because Ravens love being the big underdog as Ray Lewis once said against the Pats when we beat them this year "Revenge is a meal best served cold." Because Ray won't carry the team just to the airport and say lets go home guys we lost.. He'll lead them back onto the field in Mile High still riding emotion and energy and will lead them to victory. Let's not talk up the Broncos too much after all they are in the AFC WEST and got the luxury of whooping up on an injured Ravens defensive unit and the Browns, Chiefs, Raiders, the list goes on. Yet they couldn't beat the Pats or Texans... Anyway check back on Saturday after Bronco fans have dried their tears with tissues when the Ravens defeat the Broncos 23-16. Keep hating just adding fuel to the fire that's going to burn Manning...

Some food for thought. The Broncos record is impressive (13-3), but when you look a little closer, it's not as impressive as it might sound. The combined record of those 13 teams they beat is 80-128 for a .384 winning %. They only beat two teams with a winning record, and one of those was us, the other was Cincinnati. They won't be facing the same team they beat in week 15. They don't know what is in store for them! Let's go Ravens!

Cappy, on 08 January 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

--What is sad is that I have my suspicions that Crappy Cappy is actually Reggie Wayne and still a bitter party of one.

Hey, at least he showed some emotion when he lay there flailing about. He was sad, angry ,depressed. Spometimes he's so robotic I think he's really a bot.