Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ray Lewis To Reggie Wayne: Dance Wasn't About Colts

111 posts in this topic

Colts WR Reggie Wayne felt Ray Lewis’ final dance at midfield was 'disrespectful.'

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ray-Lewis-To-Reggie-Wayne-Dance-Wasnt-About-Colts/da0ad6db-a2ea-497a-a86d-e2aa7521e349]View the full article[/url]

Tell Reggie Wayne that real disrespect is putting the teams gear on a Mayflower moving van in the middle of the night and moving to another city without so much as a care about the fans left behind. Sore loser.

Well Reggie, Babies gotta cry, so do you. If you do not understand what the dance was about - you really are stupid.

Thanks Ray for all the hard work you put in all these years.

I will miss you Ray, you are a class act. You're one of the very few role models to really look up to. Thanks for being classy even when Reggie Wayne isn't. Your intensity will be missed. God speed Ray.

yea i thought it was a great way to end rays last home game... Wayne isnt thinking big picture about how much we love ray in Baltimore. the dance had nothing to do with the colts.

Reggie's just a sore loser is all and cannot appreciate the G.O.A.T. linebacker going out with his main moves.

thanks reggie for trying to take away something from a man that was selected in the first draft of the team's history, the second player to be drafted by the team,and a future member of the hall of fame. yes, reggie, ray means alot to baltimore; and your jealous attitude to use ray's action as a childish ploy to provoke controversy is, i would have thought playing with manning, was below you.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]In this business, it is hard to find someone that has flown under the same banner their entire career -- and to do it since day one, for seventeen years shows the true testament of a man like Ray Lewis. The amount of loyalty he has shown has only be reciprocated by the thousands of fans that will miss him.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]So, Mr. Wayne (in his best Alfred voice), you've dedicated ten-years of your life to playing for the Indianapolis fans and with any luck you will retire there as well. When you walk off that field and pay tribute to all those loyal fans -- I only hope that you find someone that feels as "disrespected" as you did this past Sunday.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]That way, you might know what you are taking away from such a magical moment for us -- Ray's fans.[/i][/font]

Reggie has always been a pretty humble guy playing a position that is saturated with diva's...Pretty sure he was just chapped after the loss. He should know Ray, and know what a BIG deal it was for him and being at home...If he doesn't know Ray any better that would be a surprise in itself.

Ray was right it was about the 17 years of loyalty and he gave back with his last dance at home, Wayne needs to grow up and except the lost and move on.

What league has Wayne been playing in the last 10 or so years???? Any NFL veteran knows that dance is Ray Lewis's thing. Tebow Tebowed... Jimmy Graham dunks over the cross bar.... Jared Allen has the calf roping move... The Broncos have the mile-high salute.... the Packers have the Lambeau Leap. And for 17 years (or so) Lewis has had the squirrel dance. Grow up Reggie... you sound like a baby. As Unitas was the old era of Baltimore football, Lewis is the new. In 10 years there will be another statue outside the stadium. And what do YOU think he will be doing???

I bet it would be so emotional if the Ravens won the super bowl with everything that has happened this season to the organization whether it be injury or the death of Modell, the retirement of Lewis this would probably be the best feel good season of all time!!!!

hat a fool.

Its a tribute to his Baltimore fans in Baltimore stadium.

Reggie being a self-centered idiot thought he did it to taunt the colts. Diva WR alert!

So when Aaron Rodgers does the discount double check it's not taunting? If you don't want ray to dance then win the game. Who doesn't celebrate when they win. Reggie you're supposed to be from TheU, you should know better.

I am all broken up on how Reggie Wayne felt. Yeah right. What a sore loser, of course he had to make it all about them. I think he is just jealous that he don't get that kind of love at Indy.

Reggie just not use to getting disqualified from the tournament in Baltimore. He just felt like whining since he already kissed the baby.

Attention Reggie... This is NOT your HOUSE, not YOUR fans, and not YOUR career ending at said house! Stop your whining and take a major chill-pill!!!

Talk about disrespect, take a look at some of the comments left by other team's "fans" on the below article......unreal. I created an account just to fire back at some of these ignorant folks talking about murder & other ridiculous false accusations....likely from Colts, Squeelrs, texans, patsies fans, etc.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/ravens-ray-lewis-squirrel-dance-disrespectful-colts-reggie-wayne-says-010813

Ray is so right on. This had nothing to do with the Colts . Pathetic response from a loser . Now if we can beat the Broncos he can dance again even if it's in our locker room!

Reggie Wayne is just mad cause "the Enforcer" (Pollard) knocked him into next week with that hit on the sideline!!!

I am appalled that Reggie finds the need to claim disrespect. Ray means everything to the Ravens, the city of Baltimore, and a lot to the NFL. If Payton had plans of playing a last game in Lucas Oil Stadium, or Indianapolis period, he would have done something of a celebration I'm sure. I've lost respect for Reggie Wayne after that statement. He knows it was about Ray and the city, but he needs to get his two cents in and have a last word. No one else spoke out, why should he?

Ray there is no sense in responding to Reggie Wayne.... don't dignify his thoughts with a response.

anybody should understand what and why he did his last dance... I don't even care that he felt some type of way about the lost but to say he was disrespectful is totally bogus... and I use to be a fan of reggie wayne but now I'm like no... and if you really wanna throw salt in the wound then turn on the tv sat at 430 when we take care of your other qb payton manning. while you sit at home crying.

Reggie who?

Reggie Wayne making the statement that he made is disrespectul (and ignorant).

Reggie Wayne had a pink pantie meltdown because he lost and had a bad game. He's also jealous cuz he knows he'll never get a tribute like that.

what about the lambeau leap that's not excessive celebration? taunting? anyone else and its cool because its a raven its a problem .

Wayne, after this year, #52 won't be back, but #31 will. And you know how he hits. I have respect for Pagano and I think Luck will be a good QB in time, but I have no respect for Reggie Wayne. 9 points, Reggie. Meaning you never made it to the end zone. SHUSH!

Reggie Wayne is either extremely bitter, or extremely clueless. There is nothing else to say about that kind of stupidity.

when people lose they get butt hurt and say stupid stuff, I can't blame wayne

What I find disrespectful is that Wayne thought it was about them-- the Colts. Seriously Reggie, the Ravens had been past the measly wild card game 4 years in a row, why would they celebrate so blatantly after beating a very young and inexperienced Colts team that (let's face it) was in over its head despite overachieving all season long? No Reggie, Ray didn't dance after we sent the Texans home last year, neither did he when we beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead the year before or after trouncing the Pats in Gillette Stadium or... I guess you should get the point by now. Don't flatter yourself; it wasn't about you!!!

Your so vain, you thought his dance was about you, Your so vain......Reminds me of the Carole King song. What a whiner.

Seriously? We're probably going to be building Statues to the man.

Maybe Reggie Wayne is just depressed knowing that Indy's probably not going to really remember him when he retires.

who are you reggie wayne to say ray lewis dance at the end of the game was disrespectful? it was ray's last home game ever at m&t. disrespectful? i find it disrespectful you got to have the spot light on you after saying that statement after you loss. your are a fool. a sore loser. i find it disrespectful alot of people picked the colts to win cause their coach illness. when everyone failed to realize ravens lost art and torreys brother this season. plus the last ever game at m&t for lewis. lost all respect for wayne. just remember 88 & 18 made you.