15 replies to this topic

#1 MTRavensFan

MTRavensFan

Veteran

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

The condition of that field on Sun was deplorable, and Goodell needs to hold Snyder accountable for refusing to maintain a safe workplace, and putting all of the players at risk.
Can you spell OSHA, anyone?

"Jack Kent Cook must be rolling over in his grave" - a Redskins fan

"I would suggest not wringing those hands so hard that you sprain them. Take a chill pill." - Eisenbergf4ia7s.jpg

#2 marylandmike12

marylandmike12

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

The NFLPA executive DeMaurice Smith on sportscenter said it was unacceptable and he will check the standards

#3 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

I thought it was against the rules to post the obvious on the boards
Banned

#4 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,500 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Fedex Field is probably the worst of the modern post 95 NFL stadiums. M&T Bank outclasses that stadium in every possible way. What a joke of an organization, have fun walking into an outhouse to get evaluated for injury. What a joke of an owner

#5 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,977 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

The Steelers did not get sanctioned about their field against the Dolphins a few years ago and Fed-ex was in better shape then that,
68f2a8.jpg

#6 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Whatever happened to just playing on a dirt field? Or in the mud? Everything has to be all shiny & new. Makes me sick. Like the Super Bowl -- when are we going to get another Snow Bowl? HUH!??!

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#7 ravensfan2424

ravensfan2424

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Whatever happened to just playing on a dirt field? Or in the mud? Everything has to be all shiny & new. Makes me sick. Like the Super Bowl -- when are we going to get another Snow Bowl? HUH!??!

Hopefully 2014 when it's in New York :D

1005856_10201063947747543_1065445185_n.j

#8 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,782 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

That field is the reason RG3 is having total reconstruction surgery on his right knee. The player they traded up for and gave all those picks away for quite possibly will never be the same player once again all because of that horrible condition of the field.

#9 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,357 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

Dan Snyder is an embarassment to the NFL in many more ways than field condition.

As Mod 2 said, the Steelers played in a cesspool and got away with it.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#10 YYZ66

YYZ66

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hey, you guys leave Hacksaw Dan alone! He's still paying on the contracts to Deion Sanders, Marty Schottenheimer, and FatAlbert Haynesworth. There's no way he could afford to have a decent field. :D

"Do you hear the sustain?"

"No, I don't hear anything."

"You would if it were playing."

#11 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,523 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

The Steelers did not get sanctioned about their field against the Dolphins a few years ago and Fed-ex was in better shape then that,

You read my mind. The Steelers field is worse than that field at Fedex on Sunday. If Fedex needs to change, so does Heinz.

Edited by PuRock, 09 January 2013 - 12:32 PM.

Posted Image

#12 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Domes are one of the biggest reasons for offenses being ridiculous. Must be nice playing in a game like it was between spring and summer. Not too cold and not too hot. Just the perfect temperature.

Ever go outside and play in the cold? It sucks. You play much much slower, you feel everything more. Catching a ball, running, getting tackled, everything hurts a lot more. I really think they need to outlaw domes, or require the temperature to be played slightly lower. I know it defeats the purpose but it gives teams such an advantage. The Falcons have such an artificial home field advantage. An explosive offense inside a dome. Yeah, I wonder why they play so well.

2yno6dx.png

#13 Nightman

Nightman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Dan Snyder is an embarassment to the NFL in many more ways than field condition.

I live in the DC 'burbs and I can attest to that. From suing an old Lady who could not pay her club seat contract, not allowing pedestrians to cross Landover Road to get to the Stadium and not even getting a waiver to allow the shuttle buses to continue to run from the Landover Metro thus forcing fans to walk a mile to FedEx from the Morgan Boulevard Station on the blue line, its obvious he doesn't care about the fans or his players, especially RG3.

Edited by Nightman, 11 January 2013 - 07:28 PM.

#14 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,357 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

I live in the DC 'burbs and I can attest to that. From suing an old Lady who could not pay her club seat contract, not allowing pedestrians to cross Landover Road to get to the Stadium and not even getting a waiver to allow the shuttle buses to continue to run from the Landover Metro thus forcing fans to walk a mile to FedEx from the Morgan Boulevard Station on the blue line, its obvious he doesn't care about the fans or his players, especially RG3.

All about that money! Which is funny, considering he could be making a lot more by cutting out stupid decisions. RG3 was his cash-cow, his most promising player in decades, and he watched him blow his knee on his own shoddy turf.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#15 Passepartout

Passepartout

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Guy really does not know football, meaning Dan Synder now does he?! He does not care about his players, fans, coaches, etc!

Breast Cancer Awareness! Make Most of It!

#16 YYZ66

YYZ66

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

I remember when he banned signs in the stadium. The guy is a bozo.

"Do you hear the sustain?"

"No, I don't hear anything."

"You would if it were playing."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users