80 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,058 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

The Ravens quarterback has shown more mobility recently, helping offset oncoming pass rushers.

View the full article

#2 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

he has Looked Great in the Pocket the last 3 games, Keep it up Joe!!

we need Ngata to do his best Goose impression and "fall" on top of Manning!!!!

#3 ravens7575

ravens7575

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Our offensive coordinator... is actually trying to fix a weakness in our offense by implementing changes?

*Sniff* I'm sorry I'm emotional guys, but it's just so beautiful that our OC is not Cam Cameron anymore.

#4 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

I absolutely love the new "Mobile Joe". The way he's been showing spurts of mobility has been awesome!! He's not moving all the time, but he's also not staying in the pocket too long either. I think it makes him more dangerous against Denver's stout defense.

#5 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

I definitely think that Caldwell has earned atleast a one year shot at OC .. & I must say, With Flacco moving in the Pocket, Our offense as a whole has looked a lot better. Keep it up Guys big Game Saturday

#6 bigdaddycompton

bigdaddycompton

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Joe has great top end speed for a guy who is 6'6. It just takes him a while to get his long legs moving. It's great to see Caldwell and the rest of the staff working on getting Joe to move out of the pocket more, because the problem has never been that Joe can't do it, it was just getting him to do it. Such a breath of fresh air not having Cam as our OC anymore, I meamn seriously, we are already seeing improvements in the offense, and we are starting to see Joe perform to his full capabilities. .

#7 propjoe

propjoe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

@ravens7575 - Thank god the organization finally "got it" and made a switch.

As far as this weeks game, I think the team was distracted during the last Denver meeting and I think this meeting won't resemble anything like the last game. Even though Denver put up points, Peyton had one of his lowest passing yards games of the season. If the O-Line plays like last week and the Nightmare on Russel St aka Paul Kruger can get a couple sacks...We will all be doing squirrel dances before the day is over

GO RAVENS!!!

#8 Johnwilson

Johnwilson

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Not only are they getting Joe out the pocket but giving him easy throws dump off the Boldin,Leach,rice,Dickson,pitta. see what happen when cam is not are OC we actually do things why did we not do this earlier!

#9 AllRaven12

AllRaven12

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Please don't let Flacco go anywhere but signed with the Ravens he is our QB to stay cause i wouldn't want him to play against us for any other team

#10 Ravensfolyfe

Ravensfolyfe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Look i see definite change in Flacco's game,moving around extending the play like he has been doing lately is what we need to keep doing.Those sack masters over there in Denver looks forward to a sitting duck QB who lives in the pocket,we can counter there rush off the edge with lots of movement and creativity,and play calling.Calling the right plays and getting results is gonna be huge,whether we run or pass balance is needed to keep them guessing.

#11 Purp-a-trater

Purp-a-trater

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

RAVENS! If you ever left it all on the field for a game, please make it this one! This game is the big hump that has to be surmounted....SB to follow.......

I hate being paranoid, but I'm sick of the psychological warfare....check me on this, but did anyone else see the new NFL gameday morning commercial that shows clips of most of the teams in various highlight shots, and when it got to a line that said "Morning is fear, in the offense's eyes", the spot showed Flacco under center, then quickly shifted to the Broncos defensive line? Am I hallucinating, or is this stuff getting way out of hand?

Please O-line, protect Big Joe, and we win this game. AB, TS, and JJ will be well fed, Pierce will cut thru them like a knife.....RR kept fresh for the 4th quarter....

DEFENSE, let there be nothing left of Manning at the end of the 3rd Quarter except cleats and neck bolts....

Call me insensitive if you will.....GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!

#12 Raven in ATL

Raven in ATL

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Mathis and Freeney are washed up, lets see if Flacco can keep it up against Von Miller and Dumervil.... its only taken 5 years to realize Flacco needs to move his feet more! you would think playing in the same division as Big Ben, Flacco would pay closer attention to moving around in the pocket, or lack thereof.

#13 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

I like Caldwells play calling more and more. He likes mixing it up. It's kind of deceptive even to me as a viewer. I actually thought that we ran the ball most of the time during the game against the Colts and than checked the box score to realize, that it was about evenly divide between the pass and the run.
The worst thing, that could happen is for us to become one-dimensional, when we have a strong armed QB that can get us the big plays and two good RBs, that can help us control the clock.
Throw to score and then run to seal the win.

#14 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Keep improving Joe, because if there is one thing I would personally hate to see, is Matt Ryan going further than Joe this year!!

#15 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

4 more days till we win in denver

#16 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

No more run run run punt or run run pass punt. Cam is gone and for the most part so have our 3 and out specials. Caldwell is doing what we've all been asking for. Moving the pocket, mixing in young guys and plays over the middle. It seems hes actually discussing with the team whats working and what isn't. He makes adjustments and will let anyone on the field if he feels they can produce. I still can't believe I've seen AA on the field and contribute. It feels like I've seen Reed on the field (offensively) more in the past 3 weeks than the whole time with Cameron. I honestly don't think we've even scratched the surface of our offenses potential yet. Also feels we are finally getting to see what Flacco can really do with real control of the offense. Hes looked sharp as of late as far as reading the coverage and his pocket awareness. If we can get him in rhythm early this week I think we could not only pull off the upset but send a message this Saturday.

#17 J.Flacco#5

J.Flacco#5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Go Go Flacco, Go Go!!

#18 J.Flacco#5

J.Flacco#5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

You can lead our team for the win Flacco! Keep worken too!

#19 J.Flacco#5

J.Flacco#5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

We played a lot better with flacco runing out of the pocket and so we need to keep that up!

#20 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Mathis and Freeney are washed up, lets see if Flacco can keep it up against Von Miller and Dumervil.... its only taken 5 years to realize Flacco needs to move his feet more! you would think playing in the same division as Big Ben, Flacco would pay closer attention to moving around in the pocket, or lack thereof.

Not sure if I'm the only one that didn't know this, but Joe's got a hip pointer. That's why even though his first career TD was a 38 yd rush, he doesn't move as much.

But indeed even this small improvement in his movement will be beneficial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users