Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Pocket Mobility A Focus For Joe Flacco

84 posts in this topic

The Ravens quarterback has shown more mobility recently, helping offset oncoming pass rushers.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Pocket-Mobility-A-Focus-For-Joe-Flacco/ad65f3ea-0fde-4955-8dff-94c100cd2942]View the full article[/url]

he has Looked Great in the Pocket the last 3 games, Keep it up Joe!!

we need Ngata to do his best Goose impression and "fall" on top of Manning!!!!

Our offensive coordinator... is actually trying to fix a weakness in our offense by implementing changes?

*Sniff* I'm sorry I'm emotional guys, but it's just so beautiful that our OC is not Cam Cameron anymore.

I absolutely love the new "Mobile Joe". The way he's been showing spurts of mobility has been awesome!! He's not moving all the time, but he's also not staying in the pocket too long either. I think it makes him more dangerous against Denver's stout defense.

I definitely think that Caldwell has earned atleast a one year shot at OC .. & I must say, With Flacco moving in the Pocket, Our offense as a whole has looked a lot better. Keep it up Guys big Game Saturday

Joe has great top end speed for a guy who is 6'6. It just takes him a while to get his long legs moving. It's great to see Caldwell and the rest of the staff working on getting Joe to move out of the pocket more, because the problem has never been that Joe can't do it, it was just getting him to do it. Such a breath of fresh air not having Cam as our OC anymore, I meamn seriously, we are already seeing improvements in the offense, and we are starting to see Joe perform to his full capabilities. .

@ravens7575 - Thank god the organization finally "got it" and made a switch.

As far as this weeks game, I think the team was distracted during the last Denver meeting and I think this meeting won't resemble anything like the last game. Even though Denver put up points, Peyton had one of his lowest passing yards games of the season. If the O-Line plays like last week and the Nightmare on Russel St aka Paul Kruger can get a couple sacks...We will all be doing squirrel dances before the day is over

GO RAVENS!!!

Not only are they getting Joe out the pocket but giving him easy throws dump off the Boldin,Leach,rice,Dickson,pitta. see what happen when cam is not are OC we actually do things why did we not do this earlier!

Please don't let Flacco go anywhere but signed with the Ravens he is our QB to stay cause i wouldn't want him to play against us for any other team

Look i see definite change in Flacco's game,moving around extending the play like he has been doing lately is what we need to keep doing.Those sack masters over there in Denver looks forward to a sitting duck QB who lives in the pocket,we can counter there rush off the edge with lots of movement and creativity,and play calling.Calling the right plays and getting results is gonna be huge,whether we run or pass balance is needed to keep them guessing.

RAVENS! If you ever left it all on the field for a game, please make it this one! This game is the big hump that has to be surmounted....SB to follow.......

I hate being paranoid, but I'm sick of the psychological warfare....check me on this, but did anyone else see the new NFL gameday morning commercial that shows clips of most of the teams in various highlight shots, and when it got to a line that said "Morning is fear, in the offense's eyes", the spot showed Flacco under center, then quickly shifted to the Broncos defensive line? Am I hallucinating, or is this stuff getting way out of hand?

Please O-line, protect Big Joe, and we win this game. AB, TS, and JJ will be well fed, Pierce will cut thru them like a knife.....RR kept fresh for the 4th quarter....

DEFENSE, let there be nothing left of Manning at the end of the 3rd Quarter except cleats and neck bolts....

Call me insensitive if you will.....GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!

Mathis and Freeney are washed up, lets see if Flacco can keep it up against Von Miller and Dumervil.... its only taken 5 years to realize Flacco needs to move his feet more! you would think playing in the same division as Big Ben, Flacco would pay closer attention to moving around in the pocket, or lack thereof.

I like Caldwells play calling more and more. He likes mixing it up. It's kind of deceptive even to me as a viewer. I actually thought that we ran the ball most of the time during the game against the Colts and than checked the box score to realize, that it was about evenly divide between the pass and the run.
The worst thing, that could happen is for us to become one-dimensional, when we have a strong armed QB that can get us the big plays and two good RBs, that can help us control the clock.
Throw to score and then run to seal the win.

Keep improving Joe, because if there is one thing I would personally hate to see, is Matt Ryan going further than Joe this year!!

No more run run run punt or run run pass punt. Cam is gone and for the most part so have our 3 and out specials. Caldwell is doing what we've all been asking for. Moving the pocket, mixing in young guys and plays over the middle. It seems hes actually discussing with the team whats working and what isn't. He makes adjustments and will let anyone on the field if he feels they can produce. I still can't believe I've seen AA on the field and contribute. It feels like I've seen Reed on the field (offensively) more in the past 3 weeks than the whole time with Cameron. I honestly don't think we've even scratched the surface of our offenses potential yet. Also feels we are finally getting to see what Flacco can really do with real control of the offense. Hes looked sharp as of late as far as reading the coverage and his pocket awareness. If we can get him in rhythm early this week I think we could not only pull off the upset but send a message this Saturday.

[quote name='Raven in ATL' timestamp='1357684391' post='1298614']
Mathis and Freeney are washed up, lets see if Flacco can keep it up against Von Miller and Dumervil.... its only taken 5 years to realize Flacco needs to move his feet more! you would think playing in the same division as Big Ben, Flacco would pay closer attention to moving around in the pocket, or lack thereof.
[/quote]

Not sure if I'm the only one that didn't know this, but Joe's got a hip pointer. That's why even though his first career TD was a 38 yd rush, he doesn't move as much.

But indeed even this small improvement in his movement will be beneficial.

Love Michael Wilbon's comment today on PTI - "the playoffs always tend to have at least 1 surprise"...but of course he thought that was if Atlanta wins against Seattle.

His statement is more than true

Plus me up one if you think Jacoby Jones has another return in him for the 2012 season!!!!

Ii think i've seen enough Caldwell at this position to call it an appreciable change from Cameron. I still wont crown him theh OC messiah just because he's anybody but Cam...the primary gripe was playcalling, and he's still calling the same plays. I'll wait until he gets the chance (if he gets the chance) to install an offense before evaluating that.

but this, and the other tweaks and adjustment he's made to the offensive process are quite welcome and they seem to help the players perform better, so Jim is far enough on my good side.

Hem&haw all ya want but.......................Joe can only roll out if the 0-line can protect him. Play action only works if WE can run effectively which we could not last time. Caldwell can call a play and Joe can have options off that call but Elvis Dumervil being blocked by McKinnie or Oher is more important than ever. Joe needs to score on long time consuming drives. If Manning gets 87 offensive chances this week Ray's career is over and Joe Flacco gets yet another year of off season questions. "Elite" QBs play behind ELITE lines with good recievers. Doss won't drop as many this week,but Boldin won't set a new record either. Torrey needs more looks&Pitta and Dickson just might get down a seam route UNLESS they must block to keep Joe alive. Screen more and run,run and RUN some more to keep Joe clean. Pierce can help but Ray Rice will be the key if the O-line can do what they did not do against Denver in B-mo.On the other side Pollard will be out there and a healthier Pernell McPhee just might introduce himself to Peyton. Ray Lewis will inspire and WE can only pray Ellerbie's ankle&T-Sizzle's Bi-cep holds up. Suggs does not look right so maybe Hamilton will get some 3rd down action. Pray Cary Williams play 1/2 as good as he thinks he is and Jimmy Smith MUST play like a 1st rounder. Lots of IFs but the Reed-Lewis era isn't over till that final gun sounds. I hope that comes in New Orleans. GO RAVENS!! When everybody says you can't you can only surprise them by winning. Super Bowl 2 for Ray and NUMBER one for #5 Joe "ELITE" and his "O" men. GOOD LUCK RAY-vens!

I cant Lie! I wanted Joe to run more and was very very very upset when he took sacks! Not No More! He's never hurt but, I like how Caldwell has Joe, moving around in the pocket better than Cam did! Like Night and Day! Wish Webby was in there but, the broncos are going DOWN!

O-Line needs to keep up the good work, they've done well since the week 15 outing against the giants, and guess what? The passing game has flourished.

the O-line needs to put their BIG BOY pants on and man up and protect our QB! give the man time to make his reads and throws. frustrate the broncos defense by not letting them get to Joe. and Joe....scramble when necessary brah! move the chains with your legs if need be! you can do it! keep the drive.....alive!!! go Ravens!

~Mili

I miss Webb too. I got used to him being in every play. Now it just seems weird not hearing ppl talk about him. Id def be happy with Webb and Cary back next year. Cary has really stepped up his game.

It seems having Joe move is one thing Cam often "forgot". I think he wanted a true pocket passer, but once in the playoffs Cam would let Joe run and it worked wonders. (or perhaps this is Joe's decision) Either way I like it.

The one thing he still needs to work on is setting his feet for a good accurate pass when rolling out. He tends to sail passes when outside the pocket.

Flacco is dangerous when he is on the move just like RG3 is. Just 2 different types of dangerous. Once RG3 runs out of the pocket he usually takes off for 10-30 yds. Flacco will run for the first down if he has too but he is always looking for that big play. As for this game against the broncos. Id like to see some more plays in the middle of the field open up the playbook some.