33 replies to this topic

#1 kassaiscool

kassaiscool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

I have Nfl replay and I was watching some flim of the last playoff game, and here is what I found out about the game.

Defense: played pretty well even though they gave up some yards. In the first half the Colts didn't do much until the final minutes of the half. We got consistent pressure all game, but the colts game plan was pretty good. They had hot reads for our blitz's in which one receiver would run right in front of another receiver and essentially block for his teammate before he even caught the ball{which should be a flag}. The Colts ran about as much receivers screens and tight end screens as you can in one game. The reason they ran so much screens was because our Db's played a mile back half of the time. The colts have some speed receivers, and it was obvious that the ravens game plan was not to get beat deep. So the colts screened the ravens to death. The Colts didn't do much on the outside to be honest. They worked the middle of the field a lot, and Andrew Luck made a bunch of plays with his mobility. Luck also got hit a bunch of times as well, and it actually makes me feel good about playing the broncos next week. Peyton has nowhere near the mobility of luck, and luck got some first downs with his feet. We all know Peyton would not attempt to do that as much as Luck did. Ray Ray played good as usual against the run, but against the pass the colts where throwing over his head a bit. He was still solid, but even Ray has to play better next week against the Broncos vs the pass. Oh yea Paul was a beast too. :)

Offense: Starting with the Qb, I think Joe played a really good game. In the first half their was literally nobody open. The colts were on the receivers really tight, and got a little pressure as well. If any receivers were open Joe would hit them. Like Joe would normally do he hit some perfect passes, but at other times he put a little air under the ball. One I know he wants back is a pass to Torrey Smith where he threw a deep in route where Joe threw it high, but if he threw it in stride it would have been a TD. Torrey still caught it, but it could have been a bigger play. I'm just knit pickin but overall Joe played really well. Running game is a real strength with this team, especially since Pierce has stepped up. I was wondering who he was when we drafted him and even questioned it, but after watching him play i'm sold hes a beast.

My conclusion with this game is that it could've been a bigger blowout. If the Ravens didn't drop so many Ints, Ray dropped one, Ed dropped another,and Kruger got hit in the hands with another. Against the Broncos next week we won't be as lucky if don't make those plays. The Broncos receivers have nowhere near the speed of the Colts wide outs and Peyton has nowhere near the mobility of Luck, but still its Peyton Manning. I feel our offense will play much better this time around, and we can win this game even though its in Denver.

#2 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

I have Nfl replay and I was watching some flim of the last playoff game, and here is what I found out about the game.

Defense: played pretty well even though they gave up some yards. In the first half the Colts didn't do much until the final minutes of the half. We got consistent pressure all game, but the colts game plan was pretty good. They had hot reads for our blitz's in which one receiver would run right in front of another receiver and essentially block for his teammate before he even caught the ball{which should be a flag}. The Colts ran about as much receivers screens and tight end screens as you can in one game. The reason they ran so much screens was because our Db's played a mile back half of the time. The colts have some speed receivers, and it was obvious that the ravens game plan was not to get beat deep. So the colts screened the ravens to death. The Colts didn't do much on the outside to be honest. They worked the middle of the field a lot, and Andrew Luck made a bunch of plays with his mobility. Luck also got hit a bunch of times as well, and it actually makes me feel good about playing the broncos next week. Peyton has nowhere near the mobility of luck, and luck got some first downs with his feet. We all know Peyton would not attempt to do that as much as Luck did.

This won't happen in Denver the same way it happend against Indy. The Colt's o-line is trash, the same is not true about the Broncos. We actually want Peyton to leave the pocket.

z66oxxi.jpg

#3 blitzking33

blitzking33

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Boldin stated that the O tried some things to see how the Colt's D would respond, and then opened up the playbook by the 2nd half. Yes, it should've been a bigger blowout. Luck should've been picked off 5 times, Cary got 1.. Ray, Chykie, Ed, Kruger had a chance for 1..

Put pressure in Manning's face and take away the WRs running lane and the Ravens have a good chance for a win. Last game, the motivation was gone after the pick 6 but it's a whole new game this time. Cary, Corey, Chykie has been execellent, just don't let Jimmy come in on the outside because Peyton will pick on him.

Also, people forget we had many missing players week 15.. Knowshon Moreno isn't running up the middle against Bynes and Ayanbadejo anymore, you are going against RAY LEWIS and ELLERBEAST.. if somehow Moreno gets past those 2, Pollard will clean you up.

I'm not overly confident, I just have faith in the purple and black!
Go Ravenns!!!

#4 kassaiscool

kassaiscool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

This won't happen in Denver the same way it happend against Indy. The Colt's o-line is trash, the same is not true about the Broncos. We actually want Peyton to leave the pocket.

The first match up against broncos we got some good pressure on Peyton and some sacks as well. They also went 3 and out a lot. Our offense spotted them 10 points, and the fact the ravens offense kept sending our defense out on the field was tough. The Broncos run a lot of double moves and deep routes, all I am saying is their gonna be opportunities.

#5 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,318 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

I'm confident with what we have to beat the Denver; I'll be over-confident if Webb is back and Suggs and Lewis are 100% healthy....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#6 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Defense: played pretty well even though they gave up some yards. In the first half the Colts didn't do much until the final minutes of the half. We got consistent pressure all game, but the colts game plan was pretty good. They had hot reads for our blitz's in which one receiver would run right in front of another receiver and essentially block for his teammate before he even caught the ball{which should be a flag}. The Colts ran about as much receivers screens and tight end screens as you can in one game. The reason they ran so much screens was because our Db's played a mile back half of the time. The colts have some speed receivers, and it was obvious that the ravens game plan was not to get beat deep. So the colts screened the ravens to death. The Colts didn't do much on the outside to be honest. They worked the middle of the field a lot, and Andrew Luck made a bunch of plays with his mobility. Luck also got hit a bunch of times as well, and it actually makes me feel good about playing the broncos next week. Peyton has nowhere near the mobility of luck, and luck got some first downs with his feet. We all know Peyton would not attempt to do that as much as Luck did. Ray Ray played good as usual against the run, but against the pass the colts where throwing over his head a bit. He was still solid, but even Ray has to play better next week against the Broncos vs the pass. Oh yea Paul was a beast too. :)

Offense: Starting with the Qb, I think Joe played a really good game. In the first half their was literally nobody open. The colts were on the receivers really tight, and got a little pressure as well. If any receivers were open Joe would hit them. Like Joe would normally do he hit some perfect passes, but at other times he put a little air under the ball. One I know he wants back is a pass to Torrey Smith where he threw a deep in route where Joe threw it high, but if he threw it in stride it would have been a TD. Torrey still caught it, but it could have been a bigger play. I'm just knit pickin but overall Joe played really well. Running game is a real strength with this team, especially since Pierce has stepped up. I was wondering who he was when we drafted him and even questioned it, but after watching him play i'm sold hes a beast.

My conclusion with this game is that it could've been a bigger blowout. If the Ravens didn't drop so many Ints, Ray dropped one, Ed dropped another,and Kruger got hit in the hands with another. Against the Broncos next week we won't be as lucky if don't make those plays. The Broncos receivers have nowhere near the speed of the Colts wide outs and Peyton has nowhere near the mobility of Luck, but still its Peyton Manning. I feel our offense will play much better this time around, and we can win this game even though its in Denver.

One thing that the Defense should be playing more is PRESS COVERAGE. I was dumbfounded that we were actually playing Press. But when we backed off, The COLTS were destroying with Quick slants. Manning will do the same, especially if they saw/watched film on the Game.

Honestly, i was getting kinda P.O.ed when we were backing off after they kept doing quick slants especially when the Press coverage was working against the Quick slants. Our D Line was able to get to LUCK or atleast pressure him and i feel that the Press Coverage was the reason why or maybe it was a mix of both but this was the first game that i actually saw press multiple time. Actually it was a bit of Press with Man coverage on the weak side and Zone on the strong side. I freaking Loved it
. Dean Pees needs to stick with what works, reminds me of Cam but on the Defensive side.

Edited by PeRK82, 08 January 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#7 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,719 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

The key to beating Denver will be the running game. We must run towards Von Miller a lot, and use draws and screens to slow down the pass rush.

#8 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

I'm confident with what we have to beat the Denver; I'll be over-confident if Webb is back and Suggs and Lewis are 100% healthy....

Do you mean if Webb was back and they were 100%??? Because your making me think Webb is coming back :) That would be great.

All i know is, Keep Jimmy Smith out of the Play offs.

#9 kassaiscool

kassaiscool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

One thing that the Defense should be playing more is PRESS COVERAGE. I was dumbfounded that we were actually playing Press. But when we backed off, The COLTS were destroying with Quick slants. Manning will do the same, especially if they saw/watched film on the Game.

Honestly, i was getting kinda P.O.ed when we were backing off after they kept doing quick slants especially when the Press coverage was working against the Quick slants. Our D Line was able to get to LUCK or atleast pressure him and i feel that the Press Coverage was the reason why or maybe it was a mix of both but this was the first game that i actually saw press multiple time. Actually it was a bit of Press with Man coverage on the weak side and Zone on the strong side. I freaking Loved it
. Dean Pees needs to stick with what works, reminds me of Cam but on the Defensive side.

Yea It got on my nerves a lil that we kept falling back, but the reason was the colts have two speed receivers and a great route runner in Wayne who can get deep with his routes. The ravens would rather keep everything in front of them, but it cost us in time of possession. We will probably challenge the broncos more than colts, because of the type of receivers on the field.

#10 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Yea It got on my nerves a lil that we kept falling back, but the reason was the colts have two speed receivers and a great route runner in Wayne who can get deep with his routes. The ravens would rather keep everything in front of them, but it cost us in time of possession. We will probably challenge the broncos more than colts, because of the type of receivers on the field.

I know but WE CAN NOT!!! Do that against Manning. He will pick us apart , He always getting rid of the ball fast ( because he doesnt want to get hit lol). I dont see it being a problem as long as our D line puts pressure on him and they get their hands up on him . I dont think we should be worried about the Deep balls from Manning, it will be cold and he doesnt have the arm anymore ( heck , he was never known for his deep throws )

I expect atleast 2 picks from Manning. Im just hoping they will be Pick 6s.

Edited by PeRK82, 08 January 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#11 ravens_4life

ravens_4life

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

i am just sick and tired of hearing about the freakin broncos. over half of these people dont realize we were missing some key players first time around, and we had a brand new o.c. they fail to realize manning playoff record especially in the cold. manning is used to playing in dome weather. i dont care we are battled tested the broncos are not. people look at the 13-3 record and automatically say the ravens are going to lose. sure they are top 5 offense and defense, but they are also in a weak division and losing to the nfl elite at home. its not ravens vs. broncos its ravens vs. manning. you put denver in our division do you actually think they would be a top 5 defense and offense nope. hell i am willing to bet that they dont even make the playoffs this year. denver is soft. say what you want. i have agrued about this all week long. people are telling me denver blows them out again. not going to happen. this is where denvers season really begins. if they roll through these playoffs like they did in the regular season then i will give them props until then that happens denver is soft to me.
Posted Image

#12 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

i am just sick and tired of hearing about the freakin broncos. over half of these people dont realize we were missing some key players first time around, and we had a brand new o.c. they fail to realize manning playoff record especially in the cold. manning is used to playing in dome weather. i dont care we are battled tested the broncos are not. people look at the 13-3 record and automatically say the ravens are going to lose. sure they are top 5 offense and defense, but they are also in a weak division and losing to the nfl elite at home. its not ravens vs. broncos its ravens vs. manning. you put denver in our division do you actually think they would be a top 5 defense and offense nope. hell i am willing to bet that they dont even make the playoffs this year. denver is soft. say what you want. i have agrued about this all week long. people are telling me denver blows them out again. not going to happen. this is where denvers season really begins. if they roll through these playoffs like they did in the regular season then i will give them props until then that happens denver is soft to me.

This is exactly why i was saying I wanted the Broncos. People were like, I hope the Texans lock up the #1 because that's the easiest road. That's cool and true, but even after the Broncos beat the Ravens i didn't think they were as good a suggested. I don't think they've been tested and the Ravens just wasn't capable of testing them because of injury.

I think you gotta punch them in their mouth on both sides of the ball. I just don't think they'll be able to hold up to the power running game. Peirce will be huge in this game imo. The Broncos are gonna come out and run blitz early and the Ravens will have to counter this with Peirce's physical, tackle breaking style. Rice won't be effective until Flacco starts to loosen that defense up with the pass.

What really has me excited about this game is Caldwell. In every game so far, he's made great adjust to what a defense was initially doing. Well now, he has a full game of adjustments to what Broncos wanna do. I expect the Ravens to start much faster this time around.

mj5v69.jpg

#13 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Kruger, Pollard and Ray will make for a miserable Peyton Manning day!

Sorry for the poetry, it didn't start that way.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#14 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Kruger, Pollard and Ray will make for a miserable Peyton Manning day!

Sorry for the poetry, it didn't start that way.

I see what you did there
Banned

#15 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Yea, that throw to Torrey would have definitely resulted in a TD imo. The Boldin TD could have been a easier pass, but Joe basically said he just wanted to give QB a chance to locate the ball.

I expect Denver to come out with the same type of tight coverage and Joe will need to take some shots early.

mj5v69.jpg

#16 kassaiscool

kassaiscool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Yea, that throw to Torrey would have definitely resulted in a TD imo. The Boldin TD could have been a easier pass, but Joe basically said he just wanted to give QB a chance to locate the ball.

I expect Denver to come out with the same type of tight coverage and Joe will need to take some shots early.

After I had the chance to watch some coaches film, its amazing how many times our wide outs are blanketed at times. I look at Joe a little different when I say he holds on a little to long, but Joe isn't perfect himself. That first half Joe did everything right really, but either receivers dropped the pass(tandon doss) or were not open. Things changed in the second half though.

#17 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,311 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

left a lot of picks on that field too.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#18 marylandmike12

marylandmike12

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

I think we all underrate the Broncos defense Flacco won't have a better game colts D can be unreliable but not the Broncos.

#19 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

left a lot of picks on that field too.

Just based on NFL's highlight reel, I counted five. God only knows how many other ones there were. If we want our defense to handle Manning, those are the plays they need to make. Manning won't hand out six picks and a couple of fumbles, the defense will have to fight and claw for everything it can get. We can't afford to have the D-line disappear, the linebackers flub tackles, and the secondary play ten yards off their receivers.

#20 Guest_nflfan123_*

Guest_nflfan123_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

Boldin stated that the O tried some things to see how the Colt's D would respond, and then opened up the playbook by the 2nd half. Yes, it should've been a bigger blowout. Luck should've been picked off 5 times, Cary got 1.. Ray, Chykie, Ed, Kruger had a chance for 1..

Put pressure in Manning's face and take away the WRs running lane and the Ravens have a good chance for a win. Last game, the motivation was gone after the pick 6 but it's a whole new game this time. Cary, Corey, Chykie has been execellent, just don't let Jimmy come in on the outside because Peyton will pick on him.

Also, people forget we had many missing players week 15.. Knowshon Moreno isn't running up the middle against Bynes and Ayanbadejo anymore, you are going against RAY LEWIS and ELLERBEAST.. if somehow Moreno gets past those 2, Pollard will clean you up.

I'm not overly confident, I just have faith in the purple and black!
Go Ravenns!!!

agree, donkeys have a great o-line

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users