69 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,849 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

For the Ravens to beat Denver, they will have to continue getting quick strikes downfield.

View the full article

#2 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Go Ravens!! I say Joe air it out any advantage we can possibly exploit we should. I have a good feeling about this.Double dose of Rice and pierce and Joe's big arm you can't go wrong . best defense is if there offense doesnt see the field and when it does it has ravens defenders in there face non stop .

Edited by runamuk, 08 January 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#3 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,234 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Air it out early so that the Broncos can't stack the line to shut down the running game.

#4 raven410

raven410

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

I don't think slinging the ball downfield will work too often in this game because the Broncos will be expecting it, the Broncos secondary is better, and it could potentially lead to quick 3 and outs. Our offensive gameplan should be very methodical, and it should consist of a gameplan centered around running the ball with Pierce and Ray, running slants and screens, controlling the clock, and mixing in an occasional shot downfield. TOP is going to be huge in this game. We need to keep the Broncos D on the field for a long as possible and keep Manning off of it.

#5 Mick0311

Mick0311

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Be careful. If we "air it out" too much, our defense will be sucking wind by halftime. We need to sustain drives.

#6 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Whatever it takes. Just get us the W.

#7 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

We need to strike first, and then keep Manning off of the field. The best defense is a steady diet of Rice and Pierce, so that Ngata, Sizzle, and Kruger aren't out of gas by the third quarter.

#8 jlen29

jlen29

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Going deep all the time against this D line and it linebackers will be tough thing to do. The coaches of this team have forgot more about football then any of us fans will even know, with that said they will install the best gameplan to go against this team. I think that the game in December was a dont show to much to this team, knowing we were going to see them someway or another in the playoffs. This will be Manning's first playoff game in Denver in the bitter cold. Knowbodys talking about that and how he used to play in a Sheltered envoirment. Ravens are used to the elements. I hope for 6 feet of snow in Denver!

Edited by jlen29, 08 January 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#9 steelraven

steelraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

They don't need to keep striking down field, they need to keep Peyton on the sideline and use more high percentage passes and run the ball. The Broncos defensive line is to good for Joe to holding on to the ball they way he did last game against the Colts. When Joe gets pressured he tends to panic and make bonehead mistakes (fumbling & Ints). They need to stick to the script and do what they did against the Giants & Colts, let the receiver make the plays for him and go over the top every now and then.

#10 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

our o-line must have a big game and the special teams must force turnovers and put the offense in good field position.

#11 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

I worry more about our big guys in that thin air or any of our guys. go skiing one time and you will get the point . even the most physically fit ppl in the world have problems at higher elevations but i still think we can do it if we play smart

#12 Guest_wasabiebird_*

Guest_wasabiebird_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

I worry more about our big guys in that thin air or any of our guys. go skiing one time and you will get the point . even the most physically fit ppl in the world have problems at higher elevations but i still think we can do it if we play smart

the will adjust to the altitude rather quickly . I agree with playing smart our defense can not be on the field like it was sunday that will spell disaster for the ravens . I had no idea so many players were missing last time we played.

#13 Ravenade

Ravenade

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

I know this sounds really bad, but I kinda hope Manning twists his ankle a little running away from Ngata or Lewis or Reed or Suggs. Nothing serious, but something that will get him shook enough to worry in the pocket.

#14 DarkKnight52

DarkKnight52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hurting Mannings Ankle is no issue he cant run anyways ,although i say when we get to him which we will make those hits count ,hit him hard no penalties ,go for the Ball Manning holds it out and rarely watches his Left side ,we need to give him awful field position to start from ,time of possession normally works in his favor so we want to slow the Game down as much as Jump ahead early ,i have seen so much of Manning over these years ,one thing he cant do as well anymore as he once did was Air the ball out ,it will have to be YAC so keep the Safeties and or Nickle back and just stop the screens and run ,comparing him with the Colts and Him in Denver is 2 opposites of how to play Him ,and lets not forget what division hes in had a big impact ,We have to go in and this Game is where Flacco Proves me and his critics wrong about him as well,with that said Jah Reid whats his status because i think hes more key this week then Mckinnie in the Lineup if hes good to go everything shifts to Oher who has been awful ,he needs to step up in this Game.

#15 HEINY55

HEINY55

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

As long as the D can create 1 or 2 turnovers, the game will be in Flacco's hands. I'm confident enough in him as long as he pulls the trigger early instead of the second half like last week.

#16 arizonaravensfan

arizonaravensfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

I do agree we have to be more explosive and creative against a good Bronco defense . But only 8 of 38 on long passes led to many 3 and outs and stalled drives.

#17 Joe Flacco is #1

Joe Flacco is #1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Last game showed how we can win game with the big throws you need 1. throws by Joe like that 2nd throw and catch and 2. catches like that first one go up and make a play. U cant do that with just any wide receivers.

#18 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Caldwell seems to be doing just fine. Beat a good Giants defense handily and a playoff Colts team. I noticed some shorter throws mixed in. Also, is he the one that pointed out McKinnie should be at left tackle or was that a result of players being injured?

#19 crabby

crabby

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

I have a really good feeling about this game. I think we have an upset coming.
It will be a tall order with all of the talented teams this year but Flacco has never had a better opportunity to silence his critics. If we win the super.. no one can say it was our defense that carried him.

#20 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

I could have gone all day without seeing anybody encourage Joe E-Lite to chunk it deep!

Eisenberg reports: "...with the Ravens up by four points, their offense faced a third-and-19 deep in their end of the field. It appeared the Indianapolis Colts would force a punt and have a good chance to take the lead..."

Usually, this year, over 60% of the time that deep pass HAS forced a punt and allowed the opponent a great chance to take a lead!

I belive, deeply, that our Ravens have a great chance of upsetting the Broncos in their house but my hopes diminish if Joe starts throwing those deep balls just because he though the opponent was in "man"! That's the book on Joe! Show him "Man" then shift out of it into "Two Deep Zone" after he audibles!

C'mon, Jim, keep him short pass - two back run oriented to keep drives alive and time-consuming and Manning on his butt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users