38 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,841 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

A Colts staff member said something inappropriate to safety Bernard Pollard.

View the full article

#2 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

It doesn't matter what was said. Pollard has to know that he can't retailiate. Judging by his temper I wouldn't be surprised if the Denver bench doesn't try to get a rise out of him for our game on Saturday.

#3 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

If you're a man and not a little boy, then start acting like it. You hurt your team.

#4 DavidJGuyton

DavidJGuyton

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

No one can judge Pollard for what he did until it's clear what was said to him. No, he probably shouldn't have approached that sideline, but you, me, anyone else in the world have our line, and when someone crosses it, that's it. I don't like the penalty we got, but I don't know what was said to the man. And I am SICK of hearing how Pollard is a dirty player or has a temper. The man plays football the way it is supposed to be played, and he's one of the best there is.

#5 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

What's there to look into? If it happened it happened. We're grown men out there man, and anyone that plays football knows that a lot of foul play occurs on that field. Let's not go wining and crying over spilled milk, he was penalized and was most likely provoked. Let's move on to Denver.

z66oxxi.jpg

#6 Ravenmatic

Ravenmatic

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Well... Rave TV obviously did a piece on Pollard about him watching what he says and how he changed his attitude during the game, dude brings great leadership and character to our team so it shocked me when he got a penalty for taunting. We the Ravens fans find the defendant Bernard Pollard not guilty of taunting the Colts

#7 classicchopper

classicchopper

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

As I agree that Pollard should not have approached the bench, I also agree with others who have posted, we dont know exactly what comment was made to him from their bench. We must remember that football is a game of emotion, as much as you try to leave emotions out of the game, you cant leave the fact that your human ,in the locker room. If in fact the Colts sideline was childish enough to resort to whatever kind of comment that offended Bernard, then as A human being, Playing a very high emotion packed game his actions are understood , even if not approved. I like 31, I think he defines what the safety position is intended to be. I think , based on all reports that you here from the RAVENS players and coaches, that he is a great leader in the locker room, and on the field. What makes Bernard great, also is what makes him targeted by the NFL and the refs, his passion takes over on the field, and he plays with his heart. I am okay with the penalty, I didn't like it, but I am okay with it. I will NOT be okay if the NFL decides to fine him for it. That would be unfair. ... Just my opinion.

#8 Postapocalypse Raven

Postapocalypse Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Wisper to us what he said to you Bernard... We won't tell.

#9 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,008 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

I'm glad luck and the colts are done, next is manning and the broncos

#10 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

As I agree that Pollard should not have approached the bench, I also agree with others who have posted, we dont know exactly what comment was made to him from their bench. We must remember that football is a game of emotion, as much as you try to leave emotions out of the game, you cant leave the fact that your human ,in the locker room. If in fact the Colts sideline was childish enough to resort to whatever kind of comment that offended Bernard, then as A human being, Playing a very high emotion packed game his actions are understood , even if not approved. I like 31, I think he defines what the safety position is intended to be. I think , based on all reports that you here from the RAVENS players and coaches, that he is a great leader in the locker room, and on the field. What makes Bernard great, also is what makes him targeted by the NFL and the refs, his passion takes over on the field, and he plays with his heart. I am okay with the penalty, I didn't like it, but I am okay with it. I will NOT be okay if the NFL decides to fine him for it. That would be unfair. ... Just my opinion.

love the pic lol pollard is pollard we all have buttons that get pushed it was an emotional game its done

#11 Nick04263

Nick04263

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

I saw him react and whip his head around. He obviously heard them say something he didn't like. It was enough that he had to go marching towards their sideline because he was walking away.

#12 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

No sir. The coaching level precludes your need or ability to make comments from the sidelines towards opposing players on the field and should be dealt with in severe fashion by the nfl. No place for this type behavior. It's wrong on so many levels that it cannot be tolerated. You ask the players to be above such behavior then you have to tell coaches not to do it. The coaches are supposed to be mentors to players. How does that coaches behavior benefit his own teams players? It doesn't. And the coach should be fired. Now on to Denver.

#13 a 31fan

a 31fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I dont see how its any different from that Jets coach trippin a player down the sideline. His lack of professionalism got himself fired and so should this glorified waterboy's. With all the mic's they have on the sidelines, guarantee Goodell is gonna hear it, dont let the door hit ya in the...

#14 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

I'm glad luck and the colts are done, next is manning and the broncos

I am so glad we did not lose to an Irsay owned team, it would have killed me. Listening to NFL network on satalite radio coming home tonight and they give us no chance to beat Manning, same as ESPN this afternoon. I did not figure we would get any respect, and when we beat Denver, they will say we have no chance in the AFC Championship game, then the Super Bowl after that. They will probably make excuses when we hoist the Lombardi too.

#15 iBleed_Purple52

iBleed_Purple52

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

We got yo back Pollard !

Dont even trip !

#16 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

I am so glad we did not lose to an Irsay owned team, it would have killed me. Listening to NFL network on satalite radio coming home tonight and they give us no chance to beat Manning, same as ESPN this afternoon. I did not figure we would get any respect, and when we beat Denver, they will say we have no chance in the AFC Championship game, then the Super Bowl after that. They will probably make excuses when we hoist the Lombardi too.

I agree that losing to Indy would have been very painful. Look, for the longest time, I've had nothing against the players on Indy - Manning included. Now, I have all the respect in the world for Pagano and have no ill will toward Luck. But the basic issues will never change: The family Irsay own this team and they still wear the logo that belongs to us. The Irsay family may eventually cut loose of the team, but they'll never part with the logo, so this issue is permanent.

As you say, this decisive victory doesn't stand for even 24 hours before we hear that we may as well not even make the trip to Colorado, since we have zero chance of winning. Listening to Mike and Mike this morning, Jaws was on and called the Ravens the "Rodeny Dangerfield" of the NFL. Wow, he couldn't be more correct. We get no respect and at least someone out there recognizes that we don't get the credit we deserve.

I know it is a long shot, but we've just got to win it all.

Edited by balfan23, 07 January 2013 - 10:22 PM.

25p4y07.jpg

#17 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

TAUNTING! Thats so childish. Did Pollard hurt the Colts players feelings? Come on, these are men. If Pollard would have taken a swing then ok, penalize him, but for just saying something??.....Zebra PLEASE.

#18 Bitter5

Bitter5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

If you go low, then offence player hurdle on you !!!!

#19 FloridalovesRavens

FloridalovesRavens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

Yeah I heard we have no chance of winning Saturday but I say "buckle up your chin straps Denver" the Ravens are coming to town. I have never been so proud of the Ravens as I am now. They have overcome so much this season and continue to amaze me. Go Ravens and get that win.

#20 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,234 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

The only thing that matters is the final score, Bernard. Put it behind you and help us to win in Denver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users