Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] John Harbaugh Thanks Fans For Being 'Incredible' In Finale

44 posts in this topic

Head Coach John Harbaugh said that the 'crowd was incredible.'

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/John-Harbaugh-Thanks-Fans-For-Being-Incredible-In-Finale/d094e225-f0a4-426f-96a4-aa5f07c07c82]View the full article[/url]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]My three sons have seen many Ravens game, but I don't feel they've really appreciated them. I, on the other hand, have been watching the Ravens since their inception and I've got to say -- I feel like part of me is going to be missing after this season. You watch someone play at certain level for so long, you build kind of an emotional dependency on that person.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I'm really going to miss you, Ray.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Thank you for making this past Sunday one to remember for an entire lifetime. I can't wait to tell my grandchildren about you.[/i][/font]

It was such an emotional day. So sad... at the same time so happy. I didn't know you could experience both those emotions at the same time. Wow. Thank you Ray for everything you have done for Baltimore. You will be missed more than you know.

I sat my 7 year old son on my lap and said watch this. You may never see another moment like it. Ray, its been a great run. Thank you for the memories....

[quote name='J.Flacco#5' timestamp='1357599727' post='1297239']
Lets start praparing for the colts baby!!
[/quote]

Hahaha, I think ya mighta overslept man

I dont think the NFL knows whats about to happen in denver! But Peyton Manning is Going Down! That Interception changed the game last time but, this time there wont be no interceptions, just Rice Rice Baby! And Joe will Smoke the rest! And, dont give up on Tandon either!

[quote name='Chris J. Faria' timestamp='1357599726' post='1297238']
"That's the second loudest manure chant I've ever heard!" - Jim Nantz...
[/quote]
Yea, the loudest was earlier in the year when the Patriots got one of their usual "gifts".

Reminded me of Cal's lap for his record breaking game. Thank goodness he never played for any other team. He can go into the HOF with a career of 17 years with only the name Baltimore beside his bust.

[quote name='Purple Dawg 96' timestamp='1357602115' post='1297296']
I dont think the NFL knows whats about to happen in denver! But Peyton Manning is Going Down! That Interception changed the game last time but, this time there wont be no interceptions, just Rice Rice Baby! And Joe will Smoke the rest! And, dont give up on Tandon either!
[/quote]

I'd like to see more of Pierce. I think he did great. Rice is still #1, but I would almost rather see more of Pierce in Denver.

I think this was OUR first MONUMENTAL moment at the Bank on Sunday... It was so hard to describe the emotion once Ray came out that tunnel after Ed Reed was pointing at him, almost similar to a movie. We have the greatest and most loyal fan base in the NFL... go to other stadiums and you wont really feel a special culture there, maybe in Dallas(been there once) but its nothing like a Ravens tailgate or a home game at the Bank in football weather. Section 541 made the most noise, lets get past Denver !!

Flacco to Boldin gave me goosebumps. With a proper game plan all of our wideouts can have a breakout game. We're taking Ray Lewis to New Orleans no excuses.

[quote name='Chris J. Faria' timestamp='1357599726' post='1297238']
"That's the second loudest manure chant I've ever heard!" - Jim Nantz...
[/quote]

I think that was Al Michaels. Classic line, though!

I remember living in Northeastern Baltimore City as a child and hearing the C-O-L-T-S Colts cheer from 33rd Street and being blown away how far that could be heard. This town STILL knows how to rock a stadium!

[quote name='Chris J. Faria' timestamp='1357610440' post='1297505']
No, you're right. However, I wrote that as a [i]fake [/i]quote, since there was (obviously) another "manure" chant, yesterday; but, it wasn't as loud as the one heard in the game against the Patriots. And, Jim Nantz was calling the play-by-play for the game against the Colts, so I attributed this quote to him.
[/quote]

aaaaah, gotcha!

I loved Sal-Pal's comment ... the "House that Ray Built". Not often that a defensive player has that kind of rule over a franchise. So that alone tells you how special he was and how rare it is that a team thrives off of defensive excellence.

I have been going to our home games for years and years now and that stadium was electric son. Well done Baltimore. The stadium was emotional and it was something special.

On another note, that was the way to send out the best defensive player of all time. I'm 21. Ray was here when I was 4. I'm truly going to miss Ray Lewis. It was an honor to watch him my whole life. He has made me love the game of football more than most things in life. Ray and the Ravens inspired me to play ball as a child. It really has been a heck of a ride and ive enjoyed every step of the way. Ray Lewis is absolutely irreplacable. From now on, there will always be a missing piece from M&T and the game of football. Cheers to the greatest man to ever play the game.

I couldn't make it to the game, so I too would like to thank the fans who showed up for being amazing! Much better show than last year's divisional round game against Houston. I was shocked how quiet the stadium seemed that time, but this game seemed unreal!

A great day and a sad day all in one. But we are getting in much better shape cap wise. No
Ray, no sergio, no Mckinnie, probably no Ed, no Birk. It will be an interesting off season.
Let's go beat Peyton just once. It has been too long.

Breaking News:

Reggie Wayne complains to media about Ray Lewis doing his dance at end of game, says it was disrespectful to the Colts.

My take = what a cry baby... win the game next time and you won't have anything to cry about, loser

I agree 100% BmoreB.

Up next on the 11 o'clock news, "Sunday afternoon at M&T Bank Stadium was NOT about Reggie Wayne." I can guarantee Reggie - or any of the Colts for that matter - was the last thing on Ray's mind during that final dance. Number 1, it's not Ray's style and number 2, you just happen to be the team in the way of a playoff win that day.

It could have been anyone. Instead of being a cry baby, be honored you got your hat handed to you by the best of all time for his last dance. Think about it, Reggie you are now the answer to a Baltimore Ravens trivia question for all time - how many people can say that.

You're a grown a** man - act like it.

SO HONORED TO HAVE BEEN IN THAT BUILDING. God speed Ray-Ray. Thanks for the memories.

Dr. D

[quote name='HaX' timestamp='1357625183' post='1297858']
i was there and my throat still hurts
[/quote]

i wasn't there physically....this time around! but....my throat still hurts as well. maaaaan....i screamed and yelled all game. i participated in Ray's pregame pep talk and when he asked; "any dogs in the house?" with the rest of the team... i also shouted; "woof, woof, woof, woof!" i also did the squirrel dance with Ray when he came out of the tunnel, i pumped my fist in the air and shouted..."Yeah! Yeah!....let's go hunt these boys men!" and i did it all in my man cave wearing my Ravens shirt, Ravens socks, Ravens house shoes and Ravens pajama pants.....in front of the television. LOL!!

~Mili

@BmoreB

What else can you do to a classless organization that steals our football team and then tanks the season at the expense of the fans just to get a frnachise QB that they don't deserve?

Diss them bank if we have too!