96 replies to this topic

#1 callahan09

callahan09

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

With the win yesterday, Joe Flacco has officially won 60 games in his first 5 seasons. With this feat he joins the likes of... himself and nobody else as the ONLY quarterback to ever accomplish this feat.

Going into the game, he was tied with Ben Roethlisberger at 59 wins; now he's all alone: most wins in the first five years of a QB's career of all time!

Congrats, Joe!

#2 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

He'll be the fastest to 100 in the next few years as well. Book it!

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO GOOD OR PEACE, NOR SHALL THEIR SUFFERING EVER CEASE
logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#3 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Finally a little love for Joe.
http://espn.go.com/b...d-card-playoffs

#4 Hardbaugh

Hardbaugh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Yeah, the roster put together by Ozzie while Cam had Flacco on training wheels didn't help at all nor did the Pro Bowl running backs and elite defense.... Flacco is better than any quarterback in football look at all HIS wins.....

PAY THE MAN!!

Edited by Hardbaugh, 07 January 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#5 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Yeah, the roster put together while Cam had Flacco on training wheels didn't help at all nor did the Pro Bowl running backs and elite defense.... Flacco is better than any quarterback in football look at all HIS wins.....

PAY THE MAN!!

Ray Rice as well then. And Harbaugh > Belicheck. Congrats to Flacco but he's had help. He's pulled his weight along the way with him starting to carry more of the share but he can't really be credited with the playoff games earlier in his career.

#6 callahan09

callahan09

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Yeah, the roster put together by Ozzie while Cam had Flacco on training wheels didn't help at all nor did the Pro Bowl running backs and elite defense.... Flacco is better than any quarterback in football look at all HIS wins.....

PAY THE MAN!!

I have no idea why you're such a downer, man. We've got a QB who can claim some fancy accomplishments, and we've got a team winning in the play-offs every season. You should be happy!

#7 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

PAY THE MAN!!

yeah that defense this year has been pretty elite. :Cool_408:

#8 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,767 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Smoking Joe is the man. He is a winner and the numbers(stats) will start piling ups with the new offensive approach. Love him or Hate him, he's a winner. I said last week that Joe would kill this postseason and Saturday will just be another speed bump for him.

After this season the only question about Flacco will be, can he consistently win Super Bowls.
Posted Image

#9 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

We could win the next 5 Super Bowls and you'd still have people around here complaining about something. I've just come to live with that fact. If you want to be down about a team for a legitimate reason... go be a Browns fan.

logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#10 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Smoking Joe is the man. He is a winner and the numbers(stats) will start piling ups with the new offensive approach. Love him or Hate him, he's a winner. I said last week that Joe would kill this postseason and Saturday will just be another speed bump for him.

After this season the only question about Flacco will be, can he consistently win Super Bowls.

It would be nice if he could win two back-to-back. ;)

logout.png

#11 raybaby

raybaby

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

I think we all know it's a team game. Talking about this milestone doesn't take away from that. It's still a great accomplishment for Joe and the entire organization.

Edited by raybaby, 07 January 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#12 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

I will contend that the primary reason we are in the playoffs this year is due to Joe. Horrible defense,horrible oline
and a brutal schedule.

He arguably only lost us one game this year and that was the Denver game with his pick 6 at the end of the first half

The Philly,Pittsburgh and Washington game ,Joe put us in a position to win and the D let us down.

#13 RavensFanInCA

RavensFanInCA

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,370 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Records like this are great and all, but I'd rather win the Super Bowl. You never like being known as "the best _____ who never won the big game".

#14 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Our franchise has more playoff wins with Joe than without him.

#15 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Ray Rice as well then. And Harbaugh > Belicheck. Congrats to Flacco but he's had help. He's pulled his weight along the way with him starting to carry more of the share but he can't really be credited with the playoff games earlier in his career.

Thanks for the laugh. That's brilliant.

#16 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

I will contend that the primary reason we are in the playoffs this year is due to Joe. Horrible defense,horrible oline
and a brutal schedule.

He arguably only lost us one game this year and that was the Denver game with his pick 6 at the end of the first half

The Philly,Pittsburgh and Washington game ,Joe put us in a position to win and the D let us down.

Joe almost lost us the KC game, didn't help for the first Steelers game and fumbled in both the 2nd Steelers game and the Skins game. What you said is debatable. Even the Eagles game he misswd some open guys and didn't he throw a pick to a lb? Not trying to get on Joe cause I think he can be great but call it with a level head. The defense held Peyton to 10 offensive points despite a Flacco fumble and then the pick 6 that basically put the nail in thw coffin. I do think he steps up on Saturday though.

#17 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,071 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Pretty amazing considering all of the changes with the O line and receiving corps during the past five years.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#18 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Flacco has had a lot of help, but so have guys like Roethelisberger and Rivers.

I also think it still is impressive because he's done it with a bunch of nobodies to help him on offense.

Edited by The Raven, 07 January 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#19 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

I wouldn't say nobodies. Between Flaccos youth and Cam, we really don't know how good our personnel is. We hated Clayton but his first season with the Rams he was poised the have the best of his career with a rookie qb. Cam has definitely hindered the offenses growth.

#20 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,767 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Why to people always discredit Flacco because he has "help"? Isn't football the ultimate team sport? Didn't Montana have Rice and a pretty strong team around him? Didn't Aikman have Irvin, Smith, and a host of other talented guys around him. Hell Dallas was even known as the Big 3.

Kurter Warner had Holt, Bruce, Faulk, Fitz and Boldin in his best years, without those guys he didn't play well. Brady got help from a great defense while chasing his 3 rings. With that great defense, Brady's playoff numbers aren't great. 60% 201yds 1.2Tds .5ints per game during Brady's first 5 playoff trips. Those don't look like the numbers of a QB who put the team on his back and didn't need help.

Without a strong running game and defense in 2006, Peyton doesn't have a SB ring. He struggled all playoffs up until the 2nd half of the AFCCG and the SB. If either the Chiefs or Ravens had better QB play in 2006, Peyton would have been bounced early. So didnt he get help?

Why is it that Flacco is the only QB that has to deflect credit because he has a good team around him. I'll never understand it. The guy is a top 10 QB with flaws that are keeping him from top 5. Either Joe will improve or the Ravens will run a offense that puts him a position where his flaws don't show.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users