Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] The Caw: Ray Lewis Displays Psalms 91

36 posts in this topic

Ray Lewis wore a shirt with “Psalms 91” on it when running around M&T Bank Stadium.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/The-Caw-Ray-Lewis-Displays-Psalms-91/e0ab58e9-835c-47e5-b6c2-760ceb6af375]View the full article[/url]

Ray did this as the unofficial chaplain of the NFL. He has been very active with the Fellowship of
Christian Athletes. He knows our society is being undermined by secular humanism. Many players (and we have even heard that the commissioner consult with Ray. That is because the reality is the Bible.

I am not a Christian but I do highly admire people like Ray who have strong faith and show it by their actions and deeds.

[size=4][color=#000000]This is what I admire most about Ray Lewis; his unashamed acknowledgement of GOD in everything he does!![/color][/size]

It's nice to see Ray getting people interested in Scripture in this way. I love his eagerness to serve God by serving people.

Maybe Ashley Fox from ESPN would benefit from reading this as she so quickly rained on Rays retirement day with an article based on hate and ignorance.....You go Ray, mentor, preach, and give praise to the LORD. You surely have been a positive influence on a large number of young men and women.

Was wonderin bout that myself, guess it woulda been kinda hard to fit all that on a t-shirt lol

Thanks Ray Ray for making me look up Psalms 91! Im a follower of Job! I dont read as much as I should but, Job taught me alot!

I really hope we can finally seal he deal and send ray into retirement with another sb ring.

Actually as soon as i saw it after the game i looked it up quick on my tablet and its truly an inspirational thing for lewis to display his beliefs

[quote name='BillicksEGO' timestamp='1357598833' post='1297212']
Maybe Ashley Fox from ESPN would benefit from reading this as she so quickly rained on Rays retirement day with an article based on hate and ignorance.....You go Ray, mentor, preach, and give praise to the LORD. You surely have been a positive influence on a large number of young men and women.
[/quote]The Lord told us there would be those who wouldn't see or hear. And he told us He would deal with them Himself and not to worry. We can pray for Ashley, though.

Ray, may the Lord bless you and keep you and may the Lord lift up His face and give you peace. Even though you started life with many challenges, with His help you were able to do so much and give so much back to others. Your service pleases Him.

Watch this and I know you will be amazed!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=u1CwwsWkQLU

[quote name='BillicksEGO' timestamp='1357598833' post='1297212']
[/quote]

Hate: the most over- and mis- used word in the English language...

Ray pay no mind to Reggie Wayne calling your dance "disrepectful". That's spoken like a true sore loser. You're a class act Ray, thanks for the memories.

The NFL will never have another player like Ray Lewis. He is truly a walking legend. Ray is an inspiration and will dearly be missed in Baltimore. I'm 21 years old and have been a Ravens fan since I was 4. I've loved football from a young age and 52 was always right in the center of it. There will never be another Ray Lewis. Cheers to a great career and one of the greatest men to ever step foot onto a field.

Now lets go win the bowl

There will never be another Ray Lewis. I wish him the best and will miss him more than I can say. I thought of him in Church Sunday. I would have liked to have been able to tell him to play every play this game for Jesus. Yes, I knew he would motivate his teammates and fire them up. And I know that he always plays for his team and teammates, but something just put that thought in my mind. Today he needs to play for Jesus. So, I said a prayer for that and for his and all the other players safety. And then after watching the game and seeing him circle the field with Psalms 91 on his shirt, I almost felt it was spiritual. God bless you, Ray Lewis.

Ray Lewis's passion for God is the #1 reason I became a Baltimore Ravens fan Period! It's a blessing and refreshing to see a sports team love our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! The past has certainly prepared you for your future!! Thank you for all you've done and what you inspire all to do in the future. May God continue to Bless you and may God Bless the Baltimore Ravens to win the Super Bowl! GO RAVENS!

Thank you Mr. Mink for the article. When Tebow hit the NFL scene, so much was made about him being a Christian. Very rarely is Ray's love of God highlighted in the national media. Ray Lewis certainly does let his light shine.