59 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,579 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

The top pick of the 2010 draft class was let go after three years.

View the full article

#2 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

What a shame, period.

#3 RavenManiac20

RavenManiac20

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Toughest part about this is looking back at the draft in 2010 and looking at a few of the players that were taking shortly after Kindle that could be helping us right now. Daryl Washington, Carlos Dunlap, Sean Lee. Then later in the next round were players like Navorro Bowman, Eric Decker and Jimmy Graham. Its easy to say that now, but it sucks because there are 3 very good young talents at linebacker on that list, which will be a position of need when Ray is gone after this season. Imagine our team with either Bowman, Washington or Lee next to Ellerbe. Its painful to think about. With that being said Sergio had all the talent and potential in the world as a pass rusher and a football player, it just sucks he had such a big set back to start his career. I wish him the best but please dont become the next James Harrison so us Ravens fans have to have that one hurt us for the next 8 years. Other than that, good luck Sergio.

#4 n#7

n#7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Sergio.. we hardly knew ye. Next time they draft someone, high or otherwise, make sure they don't suffer from Narcolepsy.

#5 Ice Kriem

Ice Kriem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

I wanted Kindle to be successful and help this team so bad! He was a beast in college!

Edited by Grapple Raven, 07 January 2013 - 05:38 PM.
Profanity

#6 I Roll With Purple n Black

I Roll With Purple n Black

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

I want to feel bad for the guy. I swear I do. But after seeing this guy out multiple times drunk on saturday nites before games I just didnt feel that he really wanted this opportunity. I could be wrong but any guy in that position should be doing whatever it takes to get back. Sergio wasnt doing that .He was known to be a party animal. I wish him the best and hope he gets his act together. I hope he really understands what the Ravens did for him even though he never got to where they wanted him to be. They really went out on a limb for him.

Edited by I Roll With Purple n Black, 07 January 2013 - 05:24 PM.

#7 Tommy_Play_like_a_Raven

Tommy_Play_like_a_Raven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

@ I ROLL WITH PURPLE N BLACK- You are absolutley right. I have a few friends on the ravens roster(keeping names out) that say for Kindle to have a ton of talent to waste it. They say he is still talented and could have been a starter if he tried. He was at scores 3 times a week getting drunk and acting like a 18 yr old kid. Sad waste of talent. Another note more upbeat is those same friends say that A.Hamilton is also very talented and will be a contributor next yr.

#8 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Sorry Sergio. Maybe next time you're at a party you'll think twice before getting drunk and falling down. It cost you your NFL career, don't let it cost you your life.

#9 J.Flacco#5

J.Flacco#5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

man this guy is a bust, well good luck elswear.

#10 Blackbird11

Blackbird11

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

It's disappointing definitely, but nobody is surprised by this. Good luck to Sergio in the future.

#11 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

You know it's a true shame he had a great story but just couldn't put the physical and mental parts together I hophe succeeds in the future whatever he may be doing

#12 Postapocalypse Raven

Postapocalypse Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

We gave him every opportunity humanly possible. Hope he's got enough money to hold him over till his next gig, whatever that may be. Best regards Serg.

#13 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

be happy you are alive and have your health!!

#14 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

How unfortunate, not just talking football, but for him as a man. I hope he's been smart with this money, because an opportunity in the NFL is not a guarentee. One doesn't get many second chances. Best of luck to you Sergio.

#15 I Roll With Purple n Black

I Roll With Purple n Black

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

@ I ROLL WITH PURPLE N BLACK- You are absolutley right. I have a few friends on the ravens roster(keeping names out) that say for Kindle to have a ton of talent to waste it. They say he is still talented and could have been a starter if he tried. He was at scores 3 times a week getting drunk and acting like a 18 yr old kid. Sad waste of talent. Another note more upbeat is those same friends say that A.Hamilton is also very talented and will be a contributor next yr.

The crazy part is that I still want him to be successful as a man. I know most of you guys feel the same. If we learned anything from Ray its how to be a man first in your craft. Football, success, money, etc dont mean jack squat if you dont truly learn how to appreciate your opportunities and blessings. Sergio had more chances and opportunities than any other player ive ever known on any pro level. But he just couldnt see that. He he didnt see Il never understand though. Maybe its his age, immaturity, brain injury or all of the above. Hopefully this opportunity along with time will help him grow up.n Sergio we really want the best for you but what do you want for your self at this point?

#16 12thmandynasty

12thmandynasty

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

If you come into the ravens organization especially the defense and you don't have the desire to make yourself a starter, then you wont be a raven long.I hope the young guys learn from Kindles mistakes.

#17 outkast1

outkast1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Its sad to see Ray Lewis go and even more to see Kindle lose his chance at being a great football player.

#18 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,353 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

He got more chances than most and still couldn't produce, best of luck elsewhere.

#19 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

It was time to let him go but I have a bad feeling he might go to another AFC team and have production. I'd hate to see him become a solid pass rusher on another team.

#20 Intercepted

Intercepted

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

I wanted so badly for him to succeed. The natural talent he has is hard to find. Maybe he can come up to Canada and play in the CFL.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 08 January 2013 - 04:44 AM.
Profanity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users