51 replies to this topic

#1 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

I just got a news flash that Kindle's practice squad contract has been terminated. It comes as no surprise considering he was never a factor, but it still made me sad for him. In any case, it only means that one other player who is healthy and hungry gets a chance....

Just wondered what you guys thought.....
"We are the Champions my friends"!

#2 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,552 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

He's now considered a bust.

We have to eat that 2nd rounder and move on.

Damn Stairs ruined his career.

#3 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,976 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Interesting timing. It doesn't look like they filled his spot immediately. I wonder what prompted the move now instead of not re-signing him at the end of the season.

2013 BR.COM CLEVELAND BROWNS GM

#4 Token

Token

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Stupid stairs.
Posted Image

#5 cursona pirate

cursona pirate

Pickle Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Didn't we trade down for him

12540_520124434672144_755007992_n.jpg

Go San Jose Sharks and Baltimore Orioles as well!!!

#6 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,351 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Didn't we trade down for him

Yup, that was the 'brilliant' Tebow trade I believe.

#7 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

I think those picks got us Dickson, Pitta and Doss. Not too mad, except that we could have had Dez, Gronk or Hernandez.

#8 BMORE_96

BMORE_96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hah, that is our worst draft in recent memory. We got ngata, grubbs, yanda, flacco, rice, webb, kruger, oher,pitta, jones, torrey, reid, mcphee, upshaw, and Pierce the defense(he is going to be a STAR) and they were all drafted 06 through 12. Not to mention, guys like pollard, jacoby, anquan, ellerbeast, vonta, and tucker, Ozzie is truly AMAZING.

That is REALLY awesome considering jimmy is not done developing(showed promise last year) and our second rounders in the 2010 draft sucked. we should have got a guy like hakeem nicks or dez. sergio was a bust and cody has one year left and the playoffs to prove something.

All in all, it is great in the scheme of things, but if sergio and cody were legit. Wow, our team would not need suggs to be healthy and our defense would be top five, with webb healthy of course.

#9 blackandpurplesacks

blackandpurplesacks

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

I think those picks got us Dickson, Pitta and Doss. Not too mad, except that we could have had Dez, Gronk or Hernandez.

Actually, Dez was taken 1 pick before we were supposed to be on the clock. I believe had the boys not traded up to get him 1 pick before us @24, we would have kept the pick and taken him at #25. Also, Gronk was taken #42 by the Pats and then we took Kindle at #43. I had read somewhere that Gronk was going to be our pick @ 43 if he had been there. And Hernandez was also taken 1 pick before us when we selected Pitta. Hernandez was #113 and Pitta #114 taken.

So all 3 cases, I believe our pick was taken 1 slot before us each and every time. Pretty disappointing....

#10 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Hah, that is our worst draft in recent memory. We got ngata, grubbs, yanda, flacco, rice, webb, kruger, oher,pitta, jones, torrey, reid, mcphee, upshaw, and Pierce the defense(he is going to be a STAR) and they were all drafted 06 through 12. Not to mention, guys like pollard, jacoby, anquan, ellerbeast, vonta, and tucker, Ozzie is truly AMAZING.

That is REALLY awesome considering jimmy is not done developing(showed promise last year) and our second rounders in the 2010 draft sucked. we should have got a guy like hakeem nicks or dez. sergio was a bust and cody has one year left and the playoffs to prove something.

All in all, it is great in the scheme of things, but if sergio and cody were legit. Wow, our team would not need suggs to be healthy and our defense would be top five, with webb healthy of course.

Hey man, give our man DeCosta some love as well. That's the beauty of it all. Once Ozzie retires, we have a guy that is just as good waiting.

bJNF689.jpg

#11 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Actually, Dez was taken 1 pick before we were supposed to be on the clock. I believe had the boys not traded up to get him 1 pick before us @24, we would have kept the pick and taken him at #25. Also, Gronk was taken #42 by the Pats and then we took Kindle at #43. I had read somewhere that Gronk was going to be our pick @ 43 if he had been there. And Hernandez was also taken 1 pick before us when we selected Pitta. Hernandez was #113 and Pitta #114 taken.

So all 3 cases, I believe our pick was taken 1 slot before us each and every time. Pretty disappointing....

I definitely feel like the Pats were out for us that year. Now that I think about it, wasnt that the draft after we knocked them out the playoffs? I feel like they knew who we were eying and took them and in the Dez situation traeed with the Cowboys to keep us from getting him. Its times like that I wish we aould just trade up a few spots.

#12 blackandpurplesacks

blackandpurplesacks

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Dez would have been huge for us. And I believe his off-field stuff would have been eliminated here far before it was taken care of in Dallas. Due to the locker room we have, character concerns shouldn't necessarily rule a player out for our team. Now after this year, losing Ray and maybe Reed, the locker room may be different. But I feel like we, of all places, had the team to be able to take supreme talent and not have a huge concern about character.

#13 poedacrow

poedacrow

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

From what I've read that's the guy we wanted before the Cowboy's traded up to get him. Doss was the 2011 draft but we did get David Reed, Terence Cody and Art Jones in addition to Pitta and Dickson... not a bad haul.

Edited by poedacrow, 07 January 2013 - 04:56 PM.

"It wasn't perfect, it wasn't pretty but it was us."

#14 blackandpurplesacks

blackandpurplesacks

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Tandon Doss definitely was not taken with one of those picks from the Denver Broncos; he was apart of the 2011 NFL Draft, actually. Those picks allowed the Ravens to select Sergio Kindle (and Pitta and Dickson, like you said).

Either way, had Dez Bryant fallen to the Ravens, possible neither Dennis Pitta or Ed Dickson would be with Baltimore, right now.

I would take Dez over BOTH Pitta and Dickson at this point.

#15 wikle

wikle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

I would take Dez over BOTH Pitta and Dickson at this point.

why? sure dez is more talented but who is to say he would have worked out here. Flacco and Pitta have a nearly perfect chemistry

#16 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,498 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Doesn't the timing seem odd? Why today?
10wmids.jpg

#17 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,976 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

The way I read the article, it sounds more like it was Sergio Kindle's decision to ask to be released. I don't know, but maybe this is a sign of him becoming a man and wanting to seek a new challenge (with another team), possibly?

Yeah I saw that is was a "mutual" agreement. I can only assume that Kindle asked for his release in hopes of securing a reserve/future contract with a new club where he might have a better shot at making the team.

2013 BR.COM CLEVELAND BROWNS GM

#18 ROH522155

ROH522155

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Maybe the Jets will scoop him up haha.
Posted Image
"Victory now, Ravens forever"

#19 MsMarvel73

MsMarvel73

BSHU cheerleader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

I wasn't really surprised by this. Just sad that we never got to see what he was capable of. Best of luck, Sergio!

CableandDeadpool_zpsb3c012fd.jpg

#20 CosmicRedPanda

CosmicRedPanda

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

I can't really say much other than, good luck.

Just wish things had worked out better than what they did.

46&2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users