73 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,042 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

The left tackle's re-emergence caused a shuffle to the o-line, which allowed just one sack Sunday.

View the full article

#2 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

The line did a great job, but Joe's moving around a lot more than he did in the past helped keep the pass rush honest as well. Great job by the coaches and players.

#3 jravens13

jravens13

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Birk has also been an unsung hero on this team. He has been solid the entire year. Yanda, and Osemele are beasts. Oher is an Average tackle, but the penaltys make him a below average tackle. I never understood why Jah Reid played guard. I thought he could play left tackle for us, or RT if they wanted Oher to play LT. I always thought Osemele was brought in to play guard, but these coaches always have their own ideas.

#4 blindbat

blindbat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

If the O-line keeps playing like this we should be able to beat anyone who knows after a performance like this we might have to bring back McKinnie next year ? Go Ravens

#5 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

So, there's your dog-house ... it is also known as a hip-flexor injury and playing poorly in practice. Now that he's shown hes over his ailment and is playing well in practice, Harbaugh is giving him a spot on the field.

For the longest time, this is what many of us envisioned was our best O line, but that vision was only based on what we thought each player could be, not based on how they could actually perform. Perhaps now, reality has caught up with that expectation and this is our line going forward.

If they can play well together and KO can handle the change, this could be the best thing possible. Had McKinnie been playing throughout the season, he'd probably be worn out completely. He now should be fresh and has a tall task ahead this weekend.

Edited by balfan23, 07 January 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#6 raven410

raven410

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

3rd best player on the field for the Ravens yesterday behind Q and Kruger imo.

#7 propjoe

propjoe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

@ B_R I think during the post game Joe made a comment to the coaches about moving around the pocket more, and guess what they listened. Doubt sham cameron would have listened to Joe at all. I like Caldwell calling the plays, seems like he knows to put the Offense in the best position to move the ball...

If they can fix the turnovers and penalties they will be in good shape this week...

#8 propjoe

propjoe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Sorry meant to say Joe made a comment to coaches at halftime, in his post game interviews, according to a local radio station.

#9 HarleypsychRN

HarleypsychRN

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

He should have been playing the whole year

#10 ravensykoh

ravensykoh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Finally the dream o-line we all have been wanting on the field! Best group Ive seen all year with some more experience together they should be a force to reckon with. Keep it this way! LET McKinnie PLAY!

#11 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

@ B_R I think during the post game Joe made a comment to the coaches about moving around the pocket more, and guess what they listened. Doubt sham cameron would have listened to Joe at all. I like Caldwell calling the plays, seems like he knows to put the Offense in the best position to move the ball...

If they can fix the turnovers and penalties they will be in good shape this week...

Agreed. I think we're still seeing Cam's playbook, but with Caldwell's insight (at least I remember hearing that somewhere?). I wonder when Caldwell will start adding more wrinkles of his own to the offense.

As for the turnovers, RR said it won't happen again, and I believe he'll do his best to keep his word. We certainly can't give Peyton more opportunities for points.

#12 ravensykoh

ravensykoh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Joe played phenomenal yesterday! Getting rid of the ball sooner rather than later, making wiser decisions, and being MOBILE, and showing great pocket awareness!!! Thank you Jim Caldwell!!! Finally the dream offense we have been fantasizing about for years!

#13 Dfence4champs2052

Dfence4champs2052

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Joe did all the things every said he couldn't do. Him moving around the pocket and alluding the pass rush was a great site. I feel really good about going in to Denver. They need the right plan....keep manning off the field.

#14 DretheRavenFan

DretheRavenFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

We've been calling for this line-up for weeks, and they say fans dont know anything smh

#15 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

If McKinnie plays like he did yesterday, Miller better watch out.

#16 reed20fence

reed20fence

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

McKinnie's not the problem. Oher's the one that'll need help from the TEs and RBs.

I guess Caldwell needs to have Joe ready to pass against a relentless strongside blitz.

Lotsa screens n flats!

#17 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,286 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Are we going to get fined by the NFL again for not reporting injuries? I didn't hear anything about McKinnie being injured.
15fqib6.jpg

#18 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

McKinnie was in the doghouse so long he put in a flat screen tv and plush leather couch
to make himself more comfortable .

I've been saying all along that McKinnie and LT and Oher at RT ,with Osemele at LG is the right
combination.Maybe one day Osemele will be a good tackle but he is not a good tackle right now .
I think he's a very good guard already .

Edited by jimmypowder, 07 January 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#19 LowerSlowerDelawareRaven

LowerSlowerDelawareRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Harbs has been letting his ego get in the way of this line-up!! Brians been in the his "dog house" all year!! Harbs needs to think team first and his pride second!!

#20 Arch Valor

Arch Valor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Guys, it's not that McKinnie was never good enough to play the whole season at LT. Rather that they wanted to save our older, more fragile, and BETTER linemen till the playoffs when it counts.

They wanted to avoid having the situation where two starting O-linemen are hurt by week 6, which then equals a wash of a season. (Cough SQUEELERS)

Mark my words, Bobbie Williams will start playing more too in the play offs just like McKinnie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users