5 replies to this topic

#1 Bobby

Bobby

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

WOW - we play a solid game, hold the Colts to 9 points, put up 24 points despite some big mistakes...and everyone gets a B- or less. I won't say it was perfect...but C'MON MAN!
Win, Lose, or Draw - RAVENS ARE MY TEAM!

#2 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,796 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

Can't say I disagree with any of grades except for ST and coaching (which he both gave C+). His report cards have gone downhill this season and his insight is lackluster at best. He's my favorite writer at the sun but, outside of his Ray Lewis article, he's come off as a crotchety old man recently.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#3 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Lets all complain about his complaining!

#4 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Can't say I disagree with any of grades except for ST and coaching (which he both gave C+). His report cards have gone downhill this season and his insight is lackluster at best. He's my favorite writer at the sun but, outside of his Ray Lewis article, he's come off as a crotchety old man recently.

Ehh I've always found him like that. The only time I can remember him being pumped over a Ravens game was the 2008 Divisional round against Tennessee, he was juiced for that game and the Steelers AFC Champ game. Then outside the Lewis article and maybe the Ed Reed one the last couple weeks where you can tell he has genuine admiration for both players despite some moments he's had with them, I don't recall him ever being sunny. He seems to go overboard with the "I'm an objective sports writer, that means Baltimore doesn't do much right in a game ever" deal. Aaron Wilson has a muuuuch better writing style when trying to maintain objectivity.

For this game I didn't understand the ST getting a C- but I'm not too worried about it.

#5 JEEPercreepermd

JEEPercreepermd

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

I always give Preston a pass. He tells it like it is. I don't know how anyone could ask any more of him and quite frankly his constantly being hard on the team is what sets him apart from a lot of other writers who cover the Ravens.

Was the Ravens win over Indy good? Yes because a playoff win is a playoff win...no matter how you get it. It was also good that we beat them by more than 2 td's, and held the overhyped Colt's offense to 3 FG's. There WERE flaws in the Ravens' game yesterday that got sort of overlooked by all of the emotion of the moment. To beat Denver next week, the Ravens will have to play their very very absolute best game of the season. I think that's the sentiment that Preston intends.
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

#6 Bobby

Bobby

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

Good insights...and I agreed with some of his ratings...but yes, the ST grade was one of the ones that stood out to me. Maybe it is not a big deal....would just once in a while like to see him ease up. But in reality, he is doing his job and the Ravens are winning, so who am I to complain? GO RAVENS
Win, Lose, or Draw - RAVENS ARE MY TEAM!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users