Training Camp      Stadium Practices     

Photo

[News] Late For Work 1/7: Terrell Suggs' Achilles 'Acting Up,' Felt 'Pretty Bad'

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,829 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Everyone afraid for Ravens – except Ravens. Must pay Kruger, or someone else will. Flacco reviews.

View the full article

#2 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,760 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

CBSSports.com's Clark Judge says we don't stand a chance in Denver! He cites that the Broncos beat us in Baltimore where we don't lose!

So, lemme see if I got this! We can't win because we're playing in their house where they don't lose and that's because they beat us in our house... where we don't lose?

That logic will make this coming Raven victory all the more sweeter!

Plus it's symbolic! We've had trouble with the Mayflowers with Payton before! So, we've beat the Mayflowers, now let's beat Peyton!

#3 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

Hoping both Suggs and Ellerbe can get some good rest this week.

Notice to Coach Harbs - might be a good idea to find a local practice facility in Denver and fly out there early this week so the team can get some reps in that elevation...just a thought

#4 crabby

crabby

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Agreed Mystigo
It's the year of broken streaks. Ravens don't lose at home, Ravens don't lose 2 games in a row, Ravens can't beat Indy and Finally Ravens can't beat Peyton. Only 1 more to go!

And please rest Suggs if he needs it. No sense in creating permanent damage. We will need him next year. Please don't be short sighted.

#5 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

I am worried about our injuries. I was hoping we were getting healthy again, but now reading this on Suggs and that Ellerbe - who was sorely missed during our 3 game skid - is still ailing gives me pause.

Still, as long as Yanda is healthy and the O-line plays well, we have a chance. We'll need to be able to run the ball to succeed and Yanda's absence in the previous match was critical to that outcome.

#6 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

We held Peyton to his lowest yardage of the season, with a defense full of no-name backups and practice squadders.

Ask Peyton how excited he is to play Ed Reed again, Mr. Judge.

#7 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

Agreed Mystigo
It's the year of broken streaks. Ravens don't lose at home, Ravens don't lose 2 games in a row, Ravens can't beat Indy and Finally Ravens can't beat Peyton. Only 1 more to go!

And please rest Suggs if he needs it. No sense in creating permanent damage. We will need him next year. Please don't be short sighted.

Absolutely what I've been thinking - lots of streaks going down. They have 2 - their current 11 game win streak and Manning's streak of beating the Ravens. Unfortunately, this may be a better team than Manning had in any of his years in Indy, because this team has a D, but still, we have to play like a team of destiny.

And as for Suggs - not only do you need to worry about his future, but if he's really hurt, is he a better option than Upshaw? Just look at RGIII last night. Superstars are too often playing hurt beyond a point where they are ultimately less effective than their backups. We have to honestly assess him and if he's not effective, he has to come out.

#8 raven410

raven410

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Man was I happy to see Harbaugh put Bmac in the game at LT. I have a feeling that we could have possibly won 2 more games if he had been playing sooner, and maybe the Broncos would be coming to Baltimore next week instead of us going to Denver...This is the o-line we should have had since day 1. Kruger played the best game I've ever seen him play, and it's vital that we re-sign him. Keep blitzing on defense, and running with Pierce and Rice on offense. Control the clock, keep Manning off the field, and don't turn the ball over. If this is done we'll be in the AFC championship game.

#9 Ravenz_Win

Ravenz_Win

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Big mac & Oher can handled Von miller and Dumervil. I just hope we can use up more time to keep bobble head off the field and rest our defense.

Edited by Ravenz_Win, 07 January 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#10 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Second... I seem to remember one other time we played Denver in the playoffs... maybe 13 years ago? What else happened that year?

#11 dhartm2

dhartm2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

I thought we played a pretty good game all around. Flacco probably could have been intercepted a couple times and Rice uncharacteristically put the ball on the ground, but other than that I thought we looked solid. The whole team really just looked like they were playing inspired, hopefully we can ride this momentum a few more weeks.

I'm not sure why we are nine point dogs to Denver. If any of you guys bet on the Ravens I'd try to get in on that action early. Really when you think about it we stopped Peyton on their first two drives last game. They scored on a short field after we missed a field goal, then got their own field goal. And we are driving to score at the end of the half, would have gone in down 10-7 or maybe 10-3 and Flacco throws the pick-6 at the one yard line. Shoot, if Tucker didn't miss we could have been winning going into the half. I mean, I understand that those plays happened, but we were just a better pass away from being in that game the whole time.

#12 Macadamia

Macadamia

Veteran

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

Did Dwight Freeney even play yesterday? Mad props to Big Mac on an awesome job - about time we had our REAL best 5 out there on the OL!

#13 Johnwilson

Johnwilson

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

The X-factor for the ravens is Marshal Yanda! yes because he don't play in the first Denver game that's why flacco could do anything and the running game couldn't get going. and did they do a poll of who the 2 teams wanted to face(Pats,Broncos) and either teams fans wanted to face the ravens so that has clear sign there. and i see us winning 27-20 Joe on last drive TD. to Torrey Smith!

#14 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

This has shorely been a battle tested season injuries are piling up but were finding ways to win but against denver we have to execute if our d line cant get to peyton take 3 steps and jump cause hes throwin tht ball peyton dosent wanna b like luck on his back every play if we do tht to manning we can this game

#15 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

We held Peyton to his lowest yardage of the season, with a defense full of no-name backups and practice squadders.

Ask Peyton how excited he is to play Ed Reed again, Mr. Judge.

Very often in this streak of losing against Manning, we've actually made him look rather pedestrian, yet our offense stunk things up so bad, we ended up losing anyway. In his super bowl winning season, we keep him out of the end zone - and lost. in 2009 playoffs, we held him to 20 points - and only score 3 ourselves. Our offense has to keep him off the field AND score points for us to win this next game.

What I love is the media will bring up a game like the one this year - as you say where Peyton has his lowest season output for yardage - and it is made to sound like he shredded us to pieces. It's just the opposite with Flacco. I'd care to say Flacco's numbers yesterday were on par with Peyton's in that game in week 15, yet Flacco's performance is characterized as unimpressive - or Boldin bailed him out with great catches. What - the great QBs WR don't make great catches?

Like Jaws said on M&M this morning - the Ravens are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. We're used to it, but it still irritates us nonetheless.

Edited by balfan23, 07 January 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#16 Waka Flocka Flacco

Waka Flocka Flacco

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

I don't care about "experts" opinions. If the Ravens play inspired like they did yesterday, we have a good shot at beating Peyton in Denver, and winning a Superbowl!

#17 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

The X-factor for the ravens is Marshal Yanda! yes because he don't play in the first Denver game that's why flacco could do anything and the running game couldn't get going. and did they do a poll of who the 2 teams wanted to face(Pats,Broncos) and either teams fans wanted to face the ravens so that has clear sign there. and i see us winning 27-20 Joe on last drive TD. to Torrey Smith!

Oh, I know. I've been saying that about Yanda for weeks. That's the kind of absence the analysts don't see (because they simply don't see our team in the same detail that we do.

In the past, I would have said - Rice has to have a big game against DEN for us to win. Now, I will say, our RUN GAME needs to have a big game for us to win. Pierce has proven to be a major part of our ground game and is really making that part of our game even more dangerous ... as long as Yanda and Leech are able to pave the way.

#18 jravens13

jravens13

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Sit Sizzle for the rest of the Year. Maybe he can make a return in the SB if we get there. That's a month away. Upshaw is a playmaker and is a strong run defender. I don't think Sizzle is very effective playing hurt. He is a guy that people still draw attention too, but he can't make the disruptive plays that he normally would. BTW THROW THE BALL TO BOLDIN!!!

#19 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,227 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

The unsung hero of the day - Bryant McKinnie!

#20 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

So, I am yet to hear why, after all this time, it is only in the playoffs that we finally see Big Mac. After all the injuries and spotty play across our O line all year long, we never got him in the game and NOW he's in?

I have no idea whether Reid was inactive because he was hurt or ineffective or what ... but it doesn't matter. We've had injuries all year long and each time, when I expected we'd end up putting McKinnie in there, he was left out.

After seeing his performance, we can say he should be in there for the rest of this run, don't you think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users