Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Watch Training Camp LIVE Thursday at 8:30 am ET

Ravens training camp kicks off Thursday & we're bringing the action directly to you! News, analysis, giveaways and more! More info ยป
Close

(Week 19) Divisional Round Playoffs - Other Games Thread

• Please log in to reply
588 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

now then... went 4-0 in the Wild Card games on nfl's weekly pick 'em after changing bungals to texans... so here's hope i'm going 4 and 0 again

Ravens over Broncos... given that the pick six closed the game, i believe there's a good chance we can do this... cut on the mistakes and flat mr manning good it's the recipe for the win
Packers over 49s... I'll go here with the team that does have a QB... and now it seems a little bit of a running game too
Seahawks over Falcons... do you even have to ask... mr Ryan does not get to win in the playoffs, never in his life
Patsies over Texans... this won't even be close... again

so there you have it... please don't be a stranger... give us your thoughts

#2 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,344 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, and the Ravens are my picks. Smart money is still on the Broncos, but I want to believe.

#3 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

So torn on Seahawks/Falcons - don't like either team but who do I want to see lose more??

Probably the Falcons. Let Matt Ryan and Mike Smith stew on an 0-4 record. The Seahawks are annoying but less so. I wish the 49ers or Packers were matched up against the Falcons, that'd be a blowout. The Seahawks game is winnable for them.
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#4 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

I think the Texans hit their peak wayyyyyyyy early. I don't see the Patriots having any issues trouncing them.

I really want the Seahawks to win but honestly, I think Ryan might have gotten the match-up in the playoffs where he could possibly eke out a win even with poor play. So I'll take the Falcons. I won't be upset if I'm wrong here though.

Ah the 49ers and Packers. I think the Packers win this one but again, this is a scenario that I'd rejoice if I'm wrong.

Broncos and Ravens. Broncos have Peyton but realistically our depleted defense held him in check when they beat us a few weeks ago. 204 yards and 2 TDs. I think they should be able to do even better since we've gotten some players back. Our offense needs to show up this game though. I think they will. Nail biter but I pick Ravens to win.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#5 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Ravens @ Patriots AFCCG. Seahawks @ Green Bay NFCCG. As much as I root for both Harbaughs, if Rodgers is that precise in San Fran, they're going down. As for Atlanta, they're almost as overrated as Denver. They're extremely talented, but that doesn't make them perfect by any means.

I like the Ravens only because it will be a game that is hopefully not decided entirely by injuries. Houston heated up too fast and Brady will shred up that Pass-D.

#6 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

I pick the Broncos (too much of a triple threat, not to mention the unique climate, for the scrappy Ravens to realistically win), Seahawks (I have to assume the Falcons will choke again at home in the playoffs), Packers (Dom Capers has devised a strategy to bottle Kaepernick the 2nd time around) and Patriots (Brady should haze the upstart Texans) .

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

You get used to it. Even posts that don't violate the rules aren't safe.

Ray Guy to the NFL Hall of Fame

#7 The_Patriot_Way

The_Patriot_Way

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

49'ers over Green Bay.
Atlanta over Seattle.
Ravens over Denver.

Posted Image

#8 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

49'ers over Green Bay.
Atlanta over Seattle.
Ravens over Denver.

*Gulp* what about the Texans-Patriots game? :bitenails: Glad to see you believe in the Ravens, btw! As for the 49ers, I don't think they could pull off the Kaep Miracle twice. Capers has looked over the film and will now know exactly how to stop the erstwhile back-up QB. The 'Hawks-Falcons game is a toss-up. It really comes down to personal preference: would you rather bet on the exciting upstart team or overlook the playoff woes of a team dominant in the regular season, especially at Turner Field?

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

#9 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

I pick the Broncos (too much of a triple threat, not to mention the unique climate, for the scrappy Ravens to realistically win), Seahawks (I have to assume the Falcons will choke again at home in the playoffs), Packers (Dom Capers has devised a strategy to bottle Kaepernick the 2nd time around) and Patriots (Brady should haze the upstart Texans) .

traitor!

#10 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

The rest of us will expect much grovelling, apologizing and the Mods to give you at least a 3 day ban from the forums for this post if we pull off the upset.

:)

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#11 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

The rest of us will expect much grovelling, apologizing and the Mods to give you at least a 3 day ban from the forums for this post if we pull off the upset.

i second this

#12 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

I hope you're joking. I bet on who I think will win, not on who I want to win.

#13 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,042 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

If we banned people every time they were negative about the Ravens, there wouldn't be many posters left.
10wmids.jpg

#14 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

I hope you're joking. I bet on who I think will win, not on who I want to win.

hahahaha

I thought the smiley face was a dead giveaway. I guess not.

#15 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

If we banned people every time they were negative about the Ravens, there wouldn't be many posters left.

hahahaha

I thought the smiley face was a dead giveaway. I guess not.

is black humour dead then? that would be sad...

#16 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,671 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Chris Clemons being out (ACL tear) is big for the Seahawks but I still think they can take down the Falcons. Sherman and Browner versus White and Jones is going to be fun to watch.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#17 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Chris Clemons being out (ACL tear) is big for the Seahawks but I still think they can take down the Falcons. Sherman and Browner versus White and Jones is going to be fun to watch.

The no-nonsense Seahawks' defense should put the young Falcons' offense in their place- winless in the playoffs under the Ryan era. It doesn't help that their running game is in shambles. Take away the passing game and it will be a blowout. Just look at last year, when the scrappy Giants' defense shut them out at Turner Field.

#18 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,425 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Have you guys seen this from last week?

Cray
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#19 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,671 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Sherman is hilarious.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#20 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Ravens over broncos

Pats over texans.. Really want to pick the texans but I gotta go with Brady at home against a texans D missing players

Packers over 49ers.. =ARod

Falcons over Seahawks- Clemons out and I like falcons D to cover for ole Matty Ice's playoff issues
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users