Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BohBalmerOsbohs

Suggs Achilles bothering him

31 posts in this topic

that explains why he has been pretty ineffective recently then. can't wait til hes back to full health next season.

[quote name='Bravens292' timestamp='1357535312' post='1296250']
that explains why he has been pretty ineffective recently then. can't wait til hes back to full health next season.
[/quote]
Him and Webb

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1357535014' post='1296244']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc[/media]
[/quote]
Never really watched that show, but lol. So how I felt. Same goes for when Ray Lewis announced his retirement

Makes sense. I still think he came back too fast and some of those games he didn't need to play in at all mid season, aka Oakland. Hopefully he makes it through this playoff run and gets serious treatment on his leg and bicep. We need him at full strength next year more than ever.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1357536198' post='1296268']
Makes sense. I still think he came back too fast and some of those games he didn't need to play in at all mid season, aka Oakland. Hopefully he makes it through this playoff run and gets serious treatment on his leg and bicep. We need him at full strength next year more than ever.
[/quote]
I agree; he should have been more patient on his Achilles.....

3 more games, SUggs!

time for Upshaw to really step up his game to assist Kruger on that pass rushing. Suggs is probably going below half speed due to the injury and return.

~Mili

Rest him, I know he wants to be out there, but we should down grade him to a situational guy like we did in Houston. It's not worth his career.

[quote name='ghost1986' timestamp='1357535644' post='1296259']

Never really watched that show
[/quote]
O.o get out!!!!

I love his spirit and desire to play, but it is not worth a huge injury and he has not been anywhere near his normal playing standard. After watch RGIII go down last night when he was obviously way to injured to play, I would rather us protect his long-term health.

I'm sure it is hurting and I'm also sure he is not pushing it to the point that he may re injure the tendon. Sizzle is not a stupid guy and I don't think he would risk the remainder of his career. I would guess that he remains under the surgeon's care and that they keep tabs on the condition of the repair.

This was expected, though. I takes a long time for those to heal, might not even be 100% by next season - though I hope he will be.

[quote name='Moderator 2' timestamp='1357552352' post='1296366']
Its going to hurt--just so he doesn't re-injure it,
[/quote]

Agreed, this much like Ray was a injury that should have shut his season down. Right now, Suggs should be probably doing light football stuff instead of playing in games.

I'm sure Suggs was informed he'd still feel pain and discomfort, but the chance of reinjury was minimal. Suggs should be good.

This isn't good news but it might be scar tissue tearing or something? Who knows but Suggs and his doctors. Hopefully it will not be bothering him come game time

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1357538933' post='1296297']
Football gods! What have we done that has displeased you?
[/quote]

Yes football gods, we will double...nay triple our sacrifices of little yellow Sqeelers if you will grace us with good fortune.

Time for Upshaw, McPhee, and everyone else to step up in the pass rush. It was looking good yesterday, but it was mostly Kruger wreaking havoc. I want more guys stepping up now.

What about Adrian Hamilton? Anyone think this guy sees some defensive snaps with Suggs hobbled?

[quote name='funky141' timestamp='1357571196' post='1296567']
He came back too soon..
[/quote]

The defense was so bad without him, I think he was forced into action sooner than he may have been otherwise.

Can't think of another tendon that takes more stress than an Achilles. Just being big and strong and stressing it running hard is rough. To go up against other big and strong guys and be pushing on gimp achillies is risky.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic but I think it's a smokescreen. Ravens are usually very secretive about injuries and usually give out a small amount of new. Even Suggs didn't give a lot of updates this off-season about his injury.

Harbaugh said there was nothing major. Honestly pain is expected especially since he came back early. Just remember that it is surgically repaired. People overreact just like with Manning's neck. After surgery it is close to what it once was even if not fully healed.

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1357560543' post='1296398']
O.o get out!!!!
[/quote]
Nah I'm pretty sure I'll stay. My shows are Burn Notice (not for much longer though the way its going), The Walking Dead and South Park. Watch a few other shows, but not big on The Office. Seemed a little too much like British comedy. Just never even made me chuckle. Anyways, I hope Ravensfan23 is right about reinjury being minimal

Not surprised considering he's been nonexistent for much of his comeback in the pass rush department. He is still setting the edge pretty well in the run game for us but is offering absolutely nothing in the pass rush.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1357585728' post='1296895']
Time for Upshaw, McPhee, and everyone else to step up in the pass rush. It was looking good yesterday, but it was mostly Kruger wreaking havoc. I want more guys stepping up now.

What about Adrian Hamilton? Anyone think this guy sees some defensive snaps with Suggs hobbled?
[/quote]
I think Hamilton should. I mean, what do we have to lose?
[quote name='Tonymontana45' timestamp='1357606622' post='1297398']
Maybe I'm just being optimistic but I think it's a smokescreen. Ravens are usually very secretive about injuries and usually give out a small amount of new. Even Suggs didn't give a lot of updates this off-season about his injury.
[/quote]
I'm 50/50 on this. I thought about it for a second and had the same conclusion you did. It is a little strange that we're bringing this up and having conflicted reports on it. Then again, I won't be surprised if it is hurting him. He didn't have a great day, but a few times he really came off the snap. I remember him being close to getting to the QB quite a few times.