50 replies to this topic

#1 doc108

doc108

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

We are in remarkably similar situations. Both of us backed into the playoffs. Both of us were blown out by the team we are facing next week. Both of us will be huge underdogs with good reason. The media will basically call these warm up games for the "real" matchup of the NFL's poster boy QB's. Both of us will be disrespected by the media all week and ridiculed. Let's hope we can both get our revenge. I have personal reasons for rooting for ya'll. I want revenge and home field. But I also want you to take out the Denver Manning's.

My other thoughts. No offense but Ray Rice is not a good playoff back. He has not played well in any of his 3 playoff games in the past 2 years. Also you guys looked inspired on defense today and good luck.

#2 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,963 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

We are in remarkably similar situations. Both of us backed into the playoffs. Both of us were blown out by the team we are facing next week. Both of us will be huge underdogs with good reason. The media will basically call these warm up games for the "real" matchup of the NFL's poster boy QB's. Both of us will be disrespected by the media all week and ridiculed. Let's hope we can both get our revenge. I have personal reasons for rooting for ya'll. I want revenge and home field. But I also want you to take out the Denver Manning's.

My other thoughts. No offense but Ray Rice is not a good playoff back. He has not played well in any of his 3 playoff games in the past 2 years. Also you guys looked inspired on defense today and good luck.

Welcome back Doc.

Well, our offense did wind up getting it together today, but they are going to have to be together when they take the field against the Broncos if we're to have a chance. Rice is a great back but you're right, his playoff performances have been lacking. On a bright note, his fumble game is now behind us. On a brighter note, Pierce has been an amazing surprise! It means we do not have to rely solely on Rice anymore. On defense, well, Lewis will have those guys fired up and we've gotten our key pieces back, which we were lacking the last time we faced Denver. Even with our delapidated defense, we held Peyton to the fewest yards of the season.

I've only seen you guys play a couple times in the last few weeks, but you did not really play inspired ball versus the Bengals, at least on the offensive side of the ball. Schaub is going to have to get going if you're to have a shot at the Patriots. We've seen that Brady can struggle in those playoff games as well though.

Good luck next week. I think we'll both need it. I have all idea the zebras will be against us both.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#3 TonyTone1192

TonyTone1192

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Very true we both are major underdogs. I think teams aren't that afraid of Flacco in the playoffs and they are daring him to beat them, they understand that Rice is our primary weapon on offense and center their gameplans on stopping him. His fumbles are inexcusable.

We both have tough games but what happened in the regular season doesn't matter anymore. I'll be rooting for you guys as well b/c I would love to avenge both of our humiliating losses this season! :)

bleed P U R P L E!

#4 RavensMillz

RavensMillz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I agree. But I'm used to the Ravens being the underdog when it comes to Brady or Manning. Actually when any team plays Brady or Manning, the media always considers that team the underdog. However, I think we and the Texans have a chance. Both teams made correctable mistakes in the first games.

Games are not played on paper as they say. If I remember the Giants won it all last year although on paper they had no running game and their defense was ranked in the bottom. However, the team showed up in the post season. I hope the ravens can do the same with the odds against them. Good luck to Houston as I hate the Pats, but would love to get revenge against them for last year.

Oh and Ray Rice needs to get it together. Despite what the media says Rice had not carried the team in the post season, in fact he has been disappointing for the most parts, including a fumble in almost every game. Flacco and the D have been doing most of the work. Hopefully he bounces back. If not Pierce is an security blanket.

#5 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

Good luck to you guys as well doc. I would love a Ravens @ Texans AFC Championship, anything to ruin the "poster boy" matchup as you put it because that is what the media wants to see. It will be very tough for both of our teams, but certainly doable.

Have to agree somewhat on Rice. I think he will come out even more inspired on Saturday because of the poor game today. Apart from the catch to set up the first TD, Pierce was the better back today.

#6 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Good luck to the Texans too! I hope HOU wins the AFCSG for the 1st time!
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#7 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,504 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

So much for the hot teams being the most dangerous... People don't understand. It's not "hot" teams that win, it's good teams. Wins are indications of how good a team is but ending the season on a high note isn't what propels teams. Nobody thought our teams could just "flip a switch" and play better within one week, but isn't "flipping a switch" what makes teams appear "hot"? Isn't that first win of the win streak a flip of the switch?

#8 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,804 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

The media hating on us? What else is new?

But I dont care what those monkeys think, they are pandering tools. For example, all year long they were on Houston's jock strap; but Houston loses a couple games and suddenly they're back to their Brady / Manning lovefest

Good luck, doc!
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#9 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

i hope to see a ravens texans matchup and shove all the media's manning/brady favoritism up their rear. I have nothing but respect for Houston and their team. i would not feel as angry losing to them than to the cheating patsies. good luck to your texans. i'm rooting for ya.

Edited by Bravens292, 06 January 2013 - 10:28 PM.

"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#10 raybaby

raybaby

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Don't take it personally but I want the Texans to lose. Your defense just flat out gives our offense problems.. granted this was when Cam was still our OC but I feel more comfortable playing against the Pats and some revenge would be nice too lol. I could live with our teams getting to the championship game though I respect your team a lot especially Arian.

Edited by raybaby, 06 January 2013 - 10:40 PM.

#11 Crabcakes&Football

Crabcakes&Football

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

I hope we both make it. For one, I am sick and tired of seeing Brady in a Superbowl game. Sick of hearing about Manning too. The so called experts have all but said the AFC is between two teams. They don't even give either of our teams the respect to think they stand even a chance. We're a write off as far as they are concerned. I'd love to shut them up. Time for a new contender.
Enjoy the Ride.
Posted Image

#12 doc108

doc108

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

Don't take it personally but I want the Texans to lose. Your defense just flat out gives our offense problems.. granted this was when Cam was still our OC but I feel more comfortable playing against the Pats and some revenge would be nice too lol. I could live with our teams getting to the championship game though I respect your team a lot especially Arian.

No problem. Honestly I respect you guys but I'm only rooting for you because it helps the Texans. we match up better with you guys than the Broncos and we would get home field. If you were better than who you were playing I would root for the other team. Still good luck.

#13 ROH522155

ROH522155

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

Ask New England about Ray Rice being a "bad playoff back". He was getting some nice gains yesterday but just couldn't hold on to the ball. It happens.
Posted Image
"Victory now, Ravens forever"

#14 ThePurpleWall

ThePurpleWall

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

Ray Rice is great,and did you forget today already ?,Ray Rice was probley closer to Ray Lewis then any other team mate.

on pregame intro of Ray Lewis,His teammates fought for position, trying to get as close as they could. Those not suited up whipped out their cameras to record the historic event. Running back Ray RicePosted Image was crying.

“I was just emotionally distraught, and it was a lot going on in my head today,” Rice said. “It was sort of like ‘Save the Last Dance.’”

Ray Rice is human,did you forget that already ? give him a break
Ray Lewis"in any war who pulls their General out?,Nobody,when ever i put on that Jersey,ever man in this building believes in one thing,whatever our General says we Follow bottom Line"

Ray Lewis is the Leader of this Franchise.

#15 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,963 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

Ray Rice is great,and did you forget today already ?,Ray Rice was probley closer to Ray Lewis then any other team mate.

on pregame intro of Ray Lewis,His teammates fought for position, trying to get as close as they could. Those not suited up whipped out their cameras to record the historic event. Running back Ray RicePosted Image was crying.

“I was just emotionally distraught, and it was a lot going on in my head today,” Rice said. “It was sort of like ‘Save the Last Dance.’”

Ray Rice is human,did you forget that already ? give him a break

Ray Rice is an awesome RB who rarely fumbles. Except in the playoffs for some reason. It's easy to say the emotion got the better of him today. He still has fumbled in a playoff game every single year since 2009. I don't know what it is, but he does need to figure it out.

Edited by ravensdfan, 07 January 2013 - 10:17 AM.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#16 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Ray Rice is an awesome RB who rarely fumbles. Except in the playoffs for some reason. It's easy to say the emotion got the better of him today. He still has fumbled in a playoff game every single year since 2009. I don't know what it is, but he does need to figure it out.

Been saying this for a while now, Rice plateaued over a yr ago. If he wants the Ball, let him catch it. B.Piece can run just as good if not better. He proves it when he runs the ball.
Rice is very dangerous with Check downs. I don't think anyone can do it better but when it comes to running, arrghhh im done with it. Yes he will get a break out run but more times than not , i don't feel like watching him trip over his own shoelace or lineman.

#17 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Did we really 'back into' the playoffs though?

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

#18 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,586 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Did we really 'back into' the playoffs though?

I say yes. Started off 9-2 and finished 1-4. We hit a rough patch at the end but the competition around us kept losing which help us back into the playoffs.
Posted Image

#19 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

I have to admit, if the Ravens are not in that big game I would rather have the Texans than the Pats or the Broncos. And I would always prefer the AFC to win over the NFC. Unless it is the Steelers. I want everyone to beat them.

Of all our adversarys, I do have a lot of respect for the Texans. They are a good solid well built team.

Edited by jaege, 07 January 2013 - 01:19 PM.

It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#20 cursona pirate

cursona pirate

Pickle Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,681 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Everyone and I mean everyone I talk too is doubting the Ravens to stand a chance to denver. But I think we can do it.

12540_520124434672144_755007992_n.jpg

Pitta Hut is now open! WE ALWAYS DELIVER.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users