Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doc108

Texans and Ravens: Underdogs plus a few other thoughts from a Texans fan

51 posts in this topic

[color=#222222][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

We are in remarkably similar situations. Both of us backed into the playoffs. Both of us were blown out by the team we are facing next week. Both of us will be huge underdogs with good reason. The media will basically call these warm up games for the "real" matchup of the NFL's poster boy QB's. Both of us will be disrespected by the media all week and ridiculed. Let's hope we can both get our revenge. I have personal reasons for rooting for ya'll. I want revenge and home field. But I also want you to take out the Denver Manning's.

My other thoughts. No offense but Ray Rice is not a good playoff back. He has not played well in any of his 3 playoff games in the past 2 years. Also you guys looked inspired on defense today and good luck.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='doc108' timestamp='1357527140' post='1295956']

[color=#222222][font=Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]We are in remarkably similar situations. Both of us backed into the playoffs. Both of us were blown out by the team we are facing next week. Both of us will be huge underdogs with good reason. The media will basically call these warm up games for the "real" matchup of the NFL's poster boy QB's. Both of us will be disrespected by the media all week and ridiculed. Let's hope we can both get our revenge. I have personal reasons for rooting for ya'll. I want revenge and home field. But I also want you to take out the Denver Manning's.

My other thoughts. No offense but Ray Rice is not a good playoff back. He has not played well in any of his 3 playoff games in the past 2 years. Also you guys looked inspired on defense today and good luck.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Welcome back Doc.

Well, our offense did wind up getting it together today, but they are going to have to be together when they take the field against the Broncos if we're to have a chance. Rice is a great back but you're right, his playoff performances have been lacking. On a bright note, his fumble game is now behind us. On a brighter note, Pierce has been an amazing surprise! It means we do not have to rely solely on Rice anymore. On defense, well, Lewis will have those guys fired up and we've gotten our key pieces back, which we were lacking the last time we faced Denver. Even with our delapidated defense, we held Peyton to the fewest yards of the season.

I've only seen you guys play a couple times in the last few weeks, but you did not really play inspired ball versus the Bengals, at least on the offensive side of the ball. Schaub is going to have to get going if you're to have a shot at the Patriots. We've seen that Brady can struggle in those playoff games as well though.

Good luck next week. I think we'll both need it. I have all idea the zebras will be against us both.

Very true we both are major underdogs. I think teams aren't that afraid of Flacco in the playoffs and they are daring him to beat them, they understand that Rice is our primary weapon on offense and center their gameplans on stopping him. His fumbles are inexcusable.

We both have tough games but what happened in the regular season doesn't matter anymore. I'll be rooting for you guys as well b/c I would love to avenge both of our humiliating losses this season! :)

I agree. But I'm used to the Ravens being the underdog when it comes to Brady or Manning. Actually when any team plays Brady or Manning, the media always considers that team the underdog. However, I think we and the Texans have a chance. Both teams made correctable mistakes in the first games.

Games are not played on paper as they say. If I remember the Giants won it all last year although on paper they had no running game and their defense was ranked in the bottom. However, the team showed up in the post season. I hope the ravens can do the same with the odds against them. Good luck to Houston as I hate the Pats, but would love to get revenge against them for last year.

Oh and Ray Rice needs to get it together. Despite what the media says Rice had not carried the team in the post season, in fact he has been disappointing for the most parts, including a fumble in almost every game. Flacco and the D have been doing most of the work. Hopefully he bounces back. If not Pierce is an security blanket.

Good luck to you guys as well doc. I would love a Ravens @ Texans AFC Championship, anything to ruin the "poster boy" matchup as you put it because that is what the media wants to see. It will be very tough for both of our teams, but certainly doable.

Have to agree somewhat on Rice. I think he will come out even more inspired on Saturday because of the poor game today. Apart from the catch to set up the first TD, Pierce was the better back today.

So much for the hot teams being the most dangerous... People don't understand. It's not "hot" teams that win, it's [i]good [/i]teams. Wins are indications of how good a team is but ending the season on a high note isn't what propels teams. Nobody thought our teams could just "flip a switch" and play better within one week, but isn't "flipping a switch" what makes teams appear "hot"? Isn't that first win of the win streak a flip of the switch?

The media hating on us? What else is new?

But I dont care what those monkeys think, they are pandering tools. For example, all year long they were on Houston's jock strap; but Houston loses a couple games and suddenly they're back to their Brady / Manning lovefest

Good luck, doc!

i hope to see a ravens texans matchup and shove all the media's manning/brady favoritism up their ahole. I have nothing but respect for Houston and their team. i would not feel as angry losing to them than to the cheating patsies. good luck to your texans. i'm rooting for ya.

Don't take it personally but I want the Texans to lose. Your defense just flat out gives our offense problems.. granted this was when Cam was still our OC but I feel more comfortable playing against the Pats and some revenge would be nice too lol. I could live with our teams getting to the championship game though I respect your team a lot especially Arian.

I hope we both make it. For one, I am sick and tired of seeing Brady in a Superbowl game. Sick of hearing about Manning too. The so called experts have all but said the AFC is between two teams. They don't even give either of our teams the respect to think they stand even a chance. We're a write off as far as they are concerned. I'd love to shut them up. Time for a new contender.

[quote name='raybaby' timestamp='1357529549' post='1296087']
Don't take it personally but I want the Texans to lose. Your defense just flat out gives our offense problems.. granted this was when Cam was still our OC but I feel more comfortable playing against the Pats and some revenge would be nice too lol. I could live with our teams getting to the championship game though I respect your team a lot especially Arian.
[/quote]
No problem. Honestly I respect you guys but I'm only rooting for you because it helps the Texans. we match up better with you guys than the Broncos and we would get home field. If you were better than who you were playing I would root for the other team. Still good luck.

Ask New England about Ray Rice being a "bad playoff back". He was getting some nice gains yesterday but just couldn't hold on to the ball. It happens.

Ray Rice is great,and did you forget today already ?,Ray Rice was probley closer to Ray Lewis then any other team mate.

on pregame intro of Ray Lewis,His teammates fought for position, trying to get as close as they could. Those not suited up whipped out their cameras to record the historic event. Running back [url="http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/roster/ray-rice/9d941a20-0c76-412d-85fd-165a029d59e6/"][color="#0f72da"]Ray Rice[img]http://www.baltimoreravens.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif[/img][/color][/url] was crying.

“I was just emotionally distraught, and it was a lot going on in my head today,” Rice said. “It was sort of like ‘Save the Last Dance.’”

Ray Rice is human,did you forget that already ? give him a break

[quote name='ThePurpleWall' timestamp='1357564076' post='1296450']
Ray Rice is great,and did you forget today already ?,Ray Rice was probley closer to Ray Lewis then any other team mate.

on pregame intro of Ray Lewis,His teammates fought for position, trying to get as close as they could. Those not suited up whipped out their cameras to record the historic event. Running back [url="http://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/roster/ray-rice/9d941a20-0c76-412d-85fd-165a029d59e6/"][color=#0f72da]Ray Rice[img]http://www.baltimoreravens.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif[/img][/color][/url] was crying.

“I was just emotionally distraught, and it was a lot going on in my head today,” Rice said. “It was sort of like ‘Save the Last Dance.’”

Ray Rice is human,did you forget that already ? give him a break
[/quote]

Ray Rice is an awesome RB who rarely fumbles. Except in the playoffs for some reason. It's easy to say the emotion got the better of him today. He still has fumbled in a playoff game every single year since 2009. I don't know what it is, but he does need to figure it out.

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1357571865' post='1296583']
Ray Rice is an awesome RB who rarely fumbles. Except in the playoffs for some reason. It's easy to say the emotion got the better of him today. He still has fumbled in a playoff game every single year since 2009. I don't know what it is, but he does need to figure it out.
[/quote]

Been saying this for a while now, Rice plateaued over a yr ago. If he wants the Ball, let him catch it. B.Piece can run just as good if not better. He proves it when he runs the ball.
Rice is very dangerous with Check downs. I don't think anyone can do it better but when it comes to running, arrghhh im done with it. Yes he will get a break out run but more times than not , i don't feel like watching him trip over his own shoelace or lineman.

[quote name='rlh445' timestamp='1357580337' post='1296786']
Did we really 'back into' the playoffs though?
[/quote]

I say yes. Started off 9-2 and finished 1-4. We hit a rough patch at the end but the competition around us kept losing which help us back into the playoffs.

I have to admit, if the Ravens are not in that big game I would rather have the Texans than the Pats or the Broncos. And I would always prefer the AFC to win over the NFC. Unless it is the Steelers. I want everyone to beat them.

Of all our adversarys, I do have a lot of respect for the Texans. They are a good solid well built team.

Everyone and I mean everyone I talk too is doubting the Ravens to stand a chance to denver. But I think we can do it.

First off, as a ravens fan, I want the pats expecting we win. We are a very good matchup for them. And Houston does not have a franchise qb. Can he make the big throws. Flacco did.

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1357582690' post='1296840']
I have to admit, if the Ravens are not in that big game I would rather have the Texans than the Pats or the Broncos. And I would always prefer the AFC to win over the NFC. Unless it is the Steelers. I want everyone to beat them.

Of all our adversarys, I do have a lot of respect for the Texans. They are a good solid well built team.
[/quote]

And they do give us nice presents. Like Leach, Jacoby and Pollard.

[color=#222222][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]We are in remarkably similar situations. Both of us backed into the playoffs. Both of us were blown out by the team we are facing next week. Both of us will be huge underdogs with good reason. The media will basically call these warm up games for the "real" matchup of the NFL's poster boy QB's. Both of us will be disrespected by the media all week and ridiculed. Let's hope we can both get our revenge. I have personal reasons for rooting for ya'll. I want revenge and home field. But I also want you to take out the Denver Manning's.

My other thoughts. No offense but Ray Rice is not a good playoff back. He has not played well in any of his 3 playoff games in the past 2 years. Also you guys looked inspired on defense today and good luck.[/background][/size][/color]
[/quote]

No. We're not in remarkably similar situations at all. We have been to the Super Bowl and won it. Your team hasn't. Our QB has won playoff games in the last 5 years. Yours won his first and last playoff game last Saturday. I don't want to play you simply because I want to beat Peyton Manning and the Brady Bunch on our way to the Super Bowl. The way I see it is your luck has run out the same way Andrew's luck ran out in B'more. Oh, that's right! We beat them. Your team lost to them when it counted --- another dissimilarity, Better luck next year, underdog! We are the BALLLLLLLLLLLLTEEEEEEEEEEEMOOOOOOOOOOOORE RAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYVENS!

As for your evaluation of Ray Rice's performance in the playoffs, He outplayed your no-name RB in last year's playoff game.
Yes, our defense played inspired football on Sunday. So did our offense. BTW, luck is where preparation meets opportunity and life is a series of missed opportunities. We create our own luck and don't need any Houston Texan fans to wish us good luck. If you would rather play us in the AFC Championship because you beat us earlier in the year 43-13, then you better be careful what you wish for. We're motivated now. We'd rather not play you in the AFC Championship game because we want to play the best. Until your fans and your team learn that simple truth, the Texans will always be an also ran. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. That's why you can bet neither the Broncos or the Pats would rather play against you than us. WE are the best!

Thank you for the topic and the thoughts! I agree that the Ravens/Texans are viewed as heavy under-dogs. I think the media has been shaping a Manning vs Brady championship game since the seeding has been sorted out. But I do love a strong under-dog, and I am tired of the likes of Brady/Manning.

If I could toast to your vision of Under-dogs ruling the day then I would! Good Luck Texans, either way the play-offs should be exciting!

[color=#222222][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]We are in remarkably similar situations. Both of us backed into the playoffs. Both of us were blown out by the team we are facing next week. Both of us will be huge underdogs with good reason. The media will basically call these warm up games for the "real" matchup of the NFL's poster boy QB's. Both of us will be disrespected by the media all week and ridiculed. Let's hope we can both get our revenge. I have personal reasons for rooting for ya'll. I want revenge and home field. But I also want you to take out the Denver Manning's.

My other thoughts. No offense but Ray Rice is not a good playoff back. He has not played well in any of his 3 playoff games in the past 2 years. Also you guys looked inspired on defense today and good luck.[/background][/size][/color]
[/quote]
That's why we have Bernard Pierce he is a monster. He will be a good backup for ray rice if he needs a rest.

Tired of people calling Rice "not a good playoff back". Yeah he fumbled twice, but the one fumble IMO should've been ours, Yanda clearly recovered cause Freeney (i believe thats who fell on it first) never actually had possession. Yes, both fumbles shouldn't have happened, but Rice is only human.

And then not to mention, he had a big 47 yard play that led to a TD. And add in another 70 yards rushing. He's one of the most dangerous weapons in the league. And he always seems to make a big play when we need it. I know he hasn't been the best this year, but i still have confidence in him

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1357699396' post='1298978']
Tired of people calling Rice "not a good playoff back". Yeah he fumbled twice, but the one fumble IMO should've been ours, Yanda clearly recovered cause Freeney (i believe thats who fell on it first) never actually had possession. Yes, both fumbles shouldn't have happened, but Rice is only human.

And then not to mention, he had a big 47 yard play that led to a TD. And add in another 70 yards rushing. He's one of the most dangerous weapons in the league. And he always seems to make a big play when we need it. I know he hasn't been the best this year, but i still have confidence in him
[/quote]
Pierce ran better than Rice did in that game. There really isn't any way around it. He had two fewer carries, but 30 more yards and a much better average. Rice is great catching balls and running outside because he's elusive, but most of the time when you're running between the tackles, there aren't huge holes to go through, and Rice goes down way too easily early on.

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1357699811' post='1298987']
Pierce ran better than Rice did in that game. There really isn't any way around it. He had two fewer carries, but 30 more yards and a much better average. Rice is great catching balls and running outside because he's elusive, but most of the time when you're running between the tackles, there aren't huge holes to go through, and Rice goes down way too easily early on.
[/quote]

I wasn't comparing Pierce to Rice. I know Pierce ran better.

[quote name='frozen joe flacco fan' timestamp='1357667735' post='1298267']
No. We're not in remarkably similar situations at all. We have been to the Super Bowl and won it. Your team hasn't. Our QB has won playoff games in the last 5 years. Yours won his first and last playoff game last Saturday. I don't want to play you simply because I want to beat Peyton Manning and the Brady Bunch on our way to the Super Bowl. The way I see it is your luck has run out the same way Andrew's luck ran out in B'more. Oh, that's right! We beat them. Your team lost to them when it counted --- another dissimilarity, Better luck next year, underdog! We are the BALLLLLLLLLLLLTEEEEEEEEEEEMOOOOOOOOOOOORE RAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYVENS!

As for your evaluation of Ray Rice's performance in the playoffs, He outplayed your no-name RB in last year's playoff game.
Yes, our defense played inspired football on Sunday. So did our offense. BTW, luck is where preparation meets opportunity and life is a series of missed opportunities. We create our own luck and don't need any Houston Texan fans to wish us good luck. If you would rather play us in the AFC Championship because you beat us earlier in the year 43-13, then you better be careful what you wish for. We're motivated now. We'd rather not play you in the AFC Championship game because we want to play the best. Until your fans and your team learn that simple truth, the Texans will always be an also ran. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. That's why you can bet neither the Broncos or the Pats would rather play against you than us. WE are the best!
[/quote]

Lol. Please ignore this.

[quote name='frozen joe flacco fan' timestamp='1357667735' post='1298267']

[/quote]

Dude. The guy is being a polite guest here in our forum. The least we can do is return that same level of civility. Anything less is the signs of Squeelerism, a disease you do not want to get. His evaluation of Rice is arguable statistically, although I do not really separate playoff games from regular season. A game is a game and Rice is usually a great back in a game. You may as well say he is not as good in any game in 2012 where the opposing team is Indy. Statistically accurate, but who cares? And we are in similar situations in that we are both underdogs by the media's standards. I do not agree with the backing into the playoffs comment for either team. We both won our divisions. How is that backing in?

[quote name='beasy2487' timestamp='1357753605' post='1299588']

Lol. Please ignore this.
[/quote]

Agreed 10 times over. Embarrassing!!!

[color=#222222][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

We are in remarkably similar situations. Both of us backed into the playoffs. Both of us were blown out by the team we are facing next week. Both of us will be huge underdogs with good reason. The media will basically call these warm up games for the "real" matchup of the NFL's poster boy QB's. Both of us will be disrespected by the media all week and ridiculed. Let's hope we can both get our revenge. I have personal reasons for rooting for ya'll. I want revenge and home field. But I also want you to take out the Denver Manning's.

[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Hate to break it to you but the Ravens fan would rather have PATS win this weekend, they have a better chance of beating the PATS than Houstan (match up vs PATS better). So they will not be cheering for you: if they can pull out a win.

You on the other hand if you want people to cheer for your team should be cheering for the Broncos to win, or goto the Broncos forum and ask them to cheer for the Texans, why? because the Broncos fans would rather cheer for the Texans than the PATS. Unless you feel after the win back in week 3 the Texans have no chance at beating the Broncos now. But I guess you just want an walk in the park win vs the Ravens.

Oh and I am a Broncos fan, we don't care who we get, just like how we didn't care who we got last week.

Don't worry I don't think we will easily win this weekend, I think it will be a great game.

[quote name='ROH522155' timestamp='1357563625' post='1296436']
Ask New England about Ray Rice being a "bad playoff back". He was getting some nice gains yesterday but just couldn't hold on to the ball. It happens.
[/quote]

I was going to make the same point. I remember the 88 yard run at the very beginning of the game in 2009-2010 season.

The media has been hyping up Brady and Manning in the AFC championship; the man-crusing love so much makes me feel that we should let those 2 teams walk over us and play the championship in the following week. That sounds like kids football. They forgot NFL is for real team sport, man sport. NE went undefeated one year and the whole world already crowned them championship but they got whooped in the first round, and 2000 Ravens, indisputed best ever defense in the history, went into the playoffs as disrespected underdogs. The Giants, the Greenbays, countless team in the past. You name it; does that sound familiar, weathered fans and hyprocritical media??

The Ravens and the Texans will pull the upset this week.......

PS: Personally, I as the rest of the Ravens fans, prefer the rematch of 2012 AFC championship.......

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1357758444' post='1299651']
Dude. The guy is being a polite guest here in our forum. The least we can do is return that same level of civility. Anything less is the signs of Squeelerism, a disease you do not want to get. His evaluation of Rice is arguable statistically, although I do not really separate playoff games from regular season. A game is a game and Rice is usually a great back in a game. You may as well say he is not as good in any game in 2012 where the opposing team is Indy. Statistically accurate, but who cares? And we are in similar situations in that we are both underdogs by the media's standards. I do not agree with the backing into the playoffs comment for either team. We both won our divisions. How is that backing in?
[/quote]

Hey dude, don't put me down! Take a sad song an make it better You don't have to alibi for your friend Doc. Suggesting the Exans and the Ravens are in similar situations is not being a polite guest. He's misinformed. Houston is lucky to still be in the playoffs. Had they drawn us instead of Cincy, they would be home now licking their wounds til next year. The Ravens are survivors. Once we return from our business trip to Peyton Place in Denver, we will turn our attention to the Brady Bunch. It has to be this way.

What's Squeelerism, dude?

Get real! I'll apologize to your troll buddy when Ray apologizes to Reggie Wayne. This game will turn out the same way the game we had with Denver a few years ago in Bmore on a Monday night. The Orange Crush came to town thinking they were going to crush us and they flew back to Denver bruised and battered after a crushing defeat. CMac ran back a missed FG in that game and we bucked the Broncos. I can't remember the score but I was here and witnessed the lop-sided defeat. This one will be closer 'cause Peyton is better than Jake Plummer was but we will prevail. Just answer one question for me dude. Do you believe me?

[quote name='beasy2487' timestamp='1357753605' post='1299588']
Lol. Please ignore this.
[/quote]

Yes please ignore.

[quote name='frozen joe flacco fan' timestamp='1357792532' post='1300294']
Hey dude, don't put me down! Take a sad song an make it better You don't have to alibi for your friend Doc. Suggesting the Exans and the Ravens are in similar situations is not being a polite guest. He's misinformed. Houston is lucky to still be in the playoffs. Had they drawn us instead of Cincy, they would be home now licking their wounds til next year. The Ravens are survivors. Once we return from our business trip to Peyton Place in Denver, we will turn our attention to the Brady Bunch. It has to be this way.

What's Squeelerism, dude?

Get real! I'll apologize to your troll buddy when Ray apologizes to Reggie Wayne. This game will turn out the same way the game we had with Denver a few years ago in Bmore on a Monday night. The Orange Crush came to town thinking they were going to crush us and they flew back to Denver bruised and battered after a crushing defeat. CMac ran back a missed FG in that game and we bucked the Broncos. I can't remember the score but I was here and witnessed the lop-sided defeat. This one will be closer 'cause Peyton is better than Jake Plummer was but we will prevail. Just answer one question for me dude. Do you believe me?
[/quote]

1. He is not my "buddy". I dont even know the guy. Or girl?
2. I am not putting you down. I was just suggesting you level your lasers at a more obnoxious invader rather than one who is being reasonably non-delusional.
3. Okay, he is mis-informed. At least he is not ignorantly misinformed.
4. Squeelerism - a horrible degenerative mental condition of being foul, angry, bitter, arrogant, and petty, leading to delusions of granduer and unattractive teeth; see Steeler's fan.
5. I didnt ask you to apologize. No need.
6. Do I believe we are going to win? Yeah.

No problem! I just find some of the Exan fans to be a little haughty and over the edge given their lack of success in the playoffs until now. I would not want to meet them in the Divisional round only because I think NE is better and I want another crack at Brady to settle the score from last year. I really like your definition of squeelerism. I'll try to watch it; would not want to degenerate into a squeeeler.

[quote name='AsianRice' timestamp='1357762340' post='1299724']
The media has been hyping up Brady and Manning in the AFC championship; the man-crusing love so much makes me feel that we should let those 2 teams walk over us and play the championship in the following week. That sounds like kids football. They forgot NFL is for real team sport, man sport. [b] NE went undefeated one year and the whole world already crowned them championship but they got whooped in the first round,[/b] and 2000 Ravens, indisputed best ever defense in the history, went into the playoffs as disrespected underdogs. The Giants, the Greenbays, countless team in the past. You name it; does that sound familiar, weathered fans and hyprocritical media??

The Ravens and the Texans will pull the upset this week.......

PS: Personally, I as the rest of the Ravens fans, prefer the rematch of 2012 AFC championship.......
[/quote]

That didn't happen. They lost in the Super Bowl.

[quote name='frozen joe flacco fan' timestamp='1357865444' post='1301132']
No problem! I just find some of the Exan fans to be a little haughty and over the edge given their lack of success in the playoffs until now. I would not want to meet them in the Divisional round only because I think NE is better and I want another crack at Brady to settle the score from last year. I really like your definition of squeelerism. I'll try to watch it; would not want to degenerate into a squeeeler.
[/quote]
Last thing you want is to be compared to a steelers fan... I do have to admire your let's get'em attitude regarding the Pats though, most of us want the AFCCG to be ravens @ pats because we feel we have a better shot at beating NE, not because they are the best and we want to prove our superiority(would be a nice bonus though).
I wish I could agree and say that I believe that Houston is a chump team, but frankly, I don't. I would say that the Texans are the team that the Ravens would have the hardest time with.

So with that said, applying your logic, the most difficult path to the SB for Baltimore would be through Houston so I hope Houston wins!(not realy, sake of argument)

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1357901236' post='1301521']
I wish every underdog good luck! Except for SF [b](secret Alex Smith admirer! :P )[/b]
[/quote]
Same here, I feel so bad for the guy.
I'd like NE in the AFCCG (if we win) solely for the fact that my cousin is a Pats fan, and I'd love nothing more than to rub it in a little.

[quote name='sliceanddic3' timestamp='1357944084' post='1302243']
Same here, I feel so bad for the guy.
I'd like NE in the AFCCG (if we win) solely for the fact that my cousin is a Pats fan, and I'd love nothing more than to rub it in a little.
[/quote]

If we win it would seem fitting to have defeated Peyton and then go on to take on Brady. However, to be truthful, as long as WE win, I don't care right now which one of these teams would be next up.

The main difference is the Ravens backed in to the playoffs, while suffering from an unusually high number of injuries accompanied with Cam Cameron inconsistencies ( thank you for finally firing him Ravens ).
While the Texans over the last month didn't suffer any additional injuries or anything to prompt such uninspired inconsistent play. The secondary has had games that looked similar to 2 years ago. It's been incredible to see it.

[quote name='frozen joe flacco fan' timestamp='1357865444' post='1301132']
[/quote]

You know, they open the forum to anyone and that is the sort of thing you have to expect. We get a few of them every year. Some upstart team that has not seen the inside of a playoff game from anywhere but their sofas for years, gets a little traction and they think they are ready to roll with the big dogs. Most of them you just have to overlook and only shoot at the really obnoxious ones. I agree with you about many of the Texas fans (not all). From the way they talk you would think they have a dozen rings. Now we have the all new and improved Broncos fans. Full of piss and vinegar, snapping at the heels of better teams.

I don't know about the rest of you, but i love[b] [/b]the position the Ravens are in right now. NOBODY thinks they can win... every single analyst (except chris berman, god bless him) has the broncos sweeping baltimore aside today.

All the pressure is on their shoulders, to go on (presumably) against the patriots next week for another epic manning/brady showdown. No question peyton manning has been here before, but the bulk of his team has not. The way baltimore has been playing the past three weeks (the cincinnati game doesn't particularly count for anything of course) has demonstrated they've gotten it together at the right time, and can pull off an upset.

Yep. Just like always.

We play a lot better as the underdog. It seems to be a constant over the years. Its when we are in a position of prosperity we fail. Everytime we were in a position to take the NFL by the horns, we failed.

Which is good, because I can't see us being favored for the rest of the playoffs even if we do win. Surely not on the road against NE or HOU. Not against the NFC representative (Packers, Atlanta, SF). MAYBE, MAYBE we could be favored in a Seattle-Baltimore Super Bowl. So that's the one matchup I wouldn't want! :D

well said, i have observed that too. i think the ravens' achilles heel the last 5 seasons is their confidence when things are rolling. that's when they get ahead of themselves and slip.

it's when they're desperate and urgent that they play their best football

Flacco and Pitta will be under the radar on our offense! Pitta Hut baby!
Flacco i think does better when he is a underdog. Like in Pittsburg last year?