Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] The Breakdown: Day’s Best Moment Was Unscripted

63 posts in this topic

Eisenberg’s 5 game thoughts, including the Ravens’ antidote for mistakes and a jaw-dropping stat.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/The-Breakdown-Day’s-Best-Moment-Was-Unscripted/545a36cd-1dd5-4e87-901f-7a2fe18383f3]View the full article[/url]

I know he has been bashed plenty this year, but KUDOS to Flacco. He made some big plays for us today. Ray Rice fumbled twice, but the defense was back to it's old tricks and didn't let the turnovers turn into points. And the iciing on the cake is I do not have to listen to a Steelers fan, Cowboys fan, or Redskins fan for at least one whole week. How sweet it is!

The important thing is for not only the defense but the enitre team to be consistent. Big ame next week Lets Send Ray & possibly Ed out right!

would they retire number 52?.. what kind of insult would that be?... who on this planet could they possibly give?...Ravens fans would bring M&T down to the ground before they do that.. I dont even think any player would even want to take that number...

"When the Ravens%u2019 Ozzie Newsome called to tell him about being drafted, he asked Newsome what the team was going to be called."

Absolutely crazy.

"When the Ravens%u2019 Ozzie Newsome called to tell him about being drafted, he asked Newsome what the team was going to be called."

Absolutely crazy.

At the time I belive the Baltimore Bombers was still in the running...lol

Thank You God for that, like Ray said...everything was pre-ordained. I love the name,logo,and colors...but most importantly, I love how this franchise handles everything with so much class & respect.

Thank You again...for making fan's feel like they ARE PART of the team.

[quote name='legoRavs!' timestamp='1357523483' post='1295784']
would they retire number 52?.. what kind of insult would that be?... who on this planet could they possibly give?
[/quote]I can't imagine the Ravens Organization not retiring #52.

You are a class act #52 from a class organization in a class city...I will miss you, but we as fans, are part of you and you are a part of us..let's see this through until the end of the ride..Superbowl Sugar Ray! Go Ravens!

I'm going to miss Ray Lewis so much when he's gone but, for now, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of his last ride

There's thousands of linebackers, there can only be one Ray Lewis however.

If they can march into Mile High next week and win I may shed true tears of joy.

Part of me always felt that he would defy the laws of time and just play forever. Ageless and immortal. lol.

For some reason it feels different this time going to play Denver. Last game we were without Ray and Pollard was out, McClain had just went down, Yanda had the bad ankle sprain, Reed said after the game he had flu like symtoms, McPhee had that thigh injury he was really fighting with, Leach and Ellerbee were fighting ankle injuries. Dickson was still hurt. During the game Pierce and Torrey suffered concussions. Plus it was Caldwell's first game as OC. This time around we are a lot healthier and we have the momentum. With this game under our belt, the playoff jitters should be gone. Yes we are definitely better off this time.

Go Ravens!

Flacco, this is your time to get a revenge aganist them. If i were you, i be itching right now just to pick on that corner who got the pick six.

"Fans complain about it at times because it’s not an efficient approach, but it knocked the Colts out Sunday."

Hey Eisenberg, did you ever think about the fact that today it made sense because we had KO at Guard (the position you all claimed he was drafted to play), Oher at RT, and BMac at LT? He could have thrown 20 underneath passes and could have been able to complete most since he wasn't running for his life all day long.

Thinking if they hold up next week, against a similar pass rushing combo, Joe should be ok...

HEY COACH HARBS - maybe if you travel to Denver early, guys might be able to get used to the elevation....? Just a thought

I know it's time not to think about the future. But I got to say our team is going to be nasty for many years to come. We will break the nfl record for most consecutive playoffs. Think about it, we got two amazing running backs, high-potential quarterback, torrey, jacoby, pitta, dickson, osmele, reid, ellerbe, upshaw, ngata, suggs, webb, chykie, pollard, mclain, kruger, jones, mcphee. And many more guys like streeter, doss, and others. I just had to put it out there.

[quote name='baltimoreravensfan1' timestamp='1357523967' post='1295812']

[/quote]

Yep. All I could think about was every time we lost theyd have a field day with that horrible name.

[quote name='baltimoreravensfan1' timestamp='1357523967' post='1295812']
"When the Ravens’ Ozzie Newsome called to tell him about being drafted, he asked Newsome what the team was going to be called."

Absolutely crazy.

Thank You God for that, like Ray said...everything was pre-ordained. I love the name,logo,and colors...but most importantly, I love how this franchise handles everything with so much class & respect.

Thank You again...for making fan's feel like they ARE PART of the team.
[/quote]
I think it actually was "The Marauders" which means "To take by force in war." How cool is that! The B26 bomber built near Baltimore during WWII was also called "The Marauder" and we were going to put that on the helmet. That was my first choice when I voted, but was happy with "The Ravens" which was my second choice. I thought it was awesome of Art Modell (RIP) to let us Baltimore fans pick the new team name. I still think the name "Marauders" would have really fit that nasty defense we have here, but I may be the only one. I can't remember what the third choice was (we had three to choose from), but I remember that I really did not like it.

I have the perfect ending in mind for Ray. 4th quater of the super bowl pick 6. Squirrel Dance game over Raven Win. This ones for Ray! We all love man keep it up. You will be missed but im glad i will still be able to watch and hear you on tv giving your amazing insight.

Ray Lewis you have inspired me, I cheered my lungs out, I ate too many wings, I have a major buzz(actually I'm drunk off my ) so I'm going out side in the south Florida sun stand on my patio table in my underwear and do the SQUIRREL DANCE!!!!!! GO RAVENS!!!

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1357525585' post='1295893']
Yep. All I could think about was every time we lost theyd have a field day with that horrible name.
[/quote]
Just looked it up - Marauders, Americans, and Ravens were the three we voted on. Remember Bill Belichek was the also the head coach when the move was made. We were also in the AFC Central from 1996-2001 and our main rival ended up being The Titans. They actually won the division our Super Bowl year with a 13-3 record, we were the wild card.

[quote name='cobrajet' timestamp='1357526604' post='1295933']
Just looked it up - Marauders, Americans, and Ravens were the three we voted on. Remember Bill Belichek was the also the head coach when the move was made.
[/quote]

Really? I swear I remember Bombers as an option.