Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Paul Kruger's Hot Play Continues

67 posts in this topic

His 2.5 sacks and forced fumble were part of another monster game in Kruger's contract year.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Paul-Krugers-Hot-Play-Continues/02b91811-3460-4821-a36f-2521d2dbe282]View the full article[/url]

Kruger wants some money hopefully the Ravens have it hope he gets a long contract he's having a great year

Kruger was playing on another level today, and he was solid in pass coverage. Playoffs brings a whole new element of play and Kruger brought it today, hope he keeps it up.

I don't know if I can trust Ozzie in the Post Ray Lewis Era! He's too conservative and he has a history of taking apart this team (Most notably after the Superbowl season).

History say that we might let Paul Kruger go, which will infuriate me liek when we let Adalius Thomas go! We can't have that!

Pay the man, take an extra you need away from Cary Williams and David reed

Kruger looked so dominate out there! He is officially a star on this defense!
So proud of Big Mac, bout time we put him in!

Finally Kruger is playing to his potencial. Great timing, after all Sizzle could not carry the pass rush alone this season and I believe that's just the surface of Kruger talent...

Kruger needs to be a Raven for life, he i one ofnthe best players on the team and is very underrated, the team should sign him to a long term contract.

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1357518578' post='1295536']
Can't wait to see how him take down Manning.
[/quote]If Kruger, Jones, Ngata, and McPhee can put pressure on Manning like they did to Luck, Ravens will win in Denver. That's how Manning has been beaten in the playoffs. No pressure, no Raven's playoff win, period. The Defense's aggressive, attacking play today reminded me of our top 5 defenses of previous years.

Oz needs to resign Kruger. Ravens are short on pass rushers as it is and you never know what you will get from a rookie ( see Kindle). Also Suggs may not ever return to form.

The FO sure have their job cut out for the offseason...

1.) tie up Flacco
2.) find a new OC (or sign Caldwell as one)
3.) patch up the o-line
4.) re-sign Ellerbe
5.) re-sign Kruger
6.) try to retain Reed

... and we're even lucky the Rice-deal was made - just imagine if we'd have that too, to worry about...

That's bound to be one eventful offseason for the Ravens...

bio

"In addition to the big plays Kruger made, he also had a couple of occasions where he got to Luck in the backfield but wasn't able to bring him to the ground. If Luck hadn't escaped from Kruger on those plays, he may have ended up with four or five sacks on the day."

Kruger needs to bring it in Denver like he did today bc Manning is not as mobile as Luck. Our corner blitzes worked well today but I think Manning will pick those up.

We'd better bring lots of Oxygen.

I know he has been bashed plenty this year, but KUDOS to Flacco. He made some big plays for us today. Ray Rice fumbled twice, but the defense was back to it's old tricks and didn't let the turnovers turn into points. And the iciing on the cake is I do not have to listen to a Steelers fan, Cowboys fan, or Redskins fan for at least one whole week. How sweet it is!

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1357522263' post='1295714']
The FO sure have their job cut out for the offseason...

1.) tie up Flacco
2.) find a new OC (or sign Caldwell as one)
3.) patch up the o-line
4.) re-sign Ellerbe
5.) re-sign Kruger
6.) try to retain Reed

... and we're even lucky the Rice-deal was made - just imagine if we'd have that too, to worry about...

That's bound to be one eventful offseason for the Ravens...

bio
[/quote]

1.) tie up Flacco (The playoffs will determine his contract value.)
2.) find a new OC (Why not Caldwell?)
3.) patch up the o-line (Notice when #78 is playing LT the sacks are down?)
4.) re-sign Ellerbe (A big must. A guy that plays with broken thumbs is a true warrior!)
5.) re-sign Kruger (No doubt about it he deserves it.)
6.) try to retain Reed (If we win the bowl he is gone. So I'm hoping he is done after this year [smile])

Kruger = Awesomeness!!!

Today makes a Ravens fan feel idiotic thinking we would miss JJ. Of course; I won't forget what he meant as a player while in Baltimore...but WOW John,Oz, Steve,Cass ect. who actually gave him a chance an oppurtunity to showcase what he could do.

RL52 amazing to enjoy....his loss will be our gain come contract season.

Until Then....Keep on Dancing...to you get to the BIG DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO RAVENS

I wish Lewis still had another 2 or 3 years left in him, because this team should be deep in the upcoming years. All of the young guys that were forced into action will be valuable backups or starters next year. And if injuries do occur at least we are putting guys on the field with starting experience.

[quote name='baltimore1975' timestamp='1357523037' post='1295752']
2.) find a new OC (Why not Caldwell?)
[/quote]

I said "[i]find a new OC ([b]or sign Caldwell as one[/b])[/i]" ;)

bio

If Kruger out prices himself there are 2 more coming up playing@Utah.....Younger-Bigger-Faster.....Keep you're price reasonable Paul......or we WILL cut you....

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1357523201' post='1295765']
I said "[i]find a new OC ([b]or sign Caldwell as one[/b])[/i]" ;)

bio
[/quote]

Yes I understood that. I was just stating "why should we look for someone else?". If we gave Cam 4.5 years, why not give Caldwell a shot?

[quote name='baltimore1975' timestamp='1357523037' post='1295752']
6.) try to retain Reed (If we win the bowl he is gone. So I'm hoping he is done after this year [smile])
[/quote]

According to rumours, people inside the franchise are taking it as a fact that he'll be gone - either retire or go elsewhere if he receives a good enough offer - and if he's available, he no doubt will. It even seems likely that he wouldn't receive the tag even if the Flacco deal was made - and anyway he would reportedly be upset about getting tagged anyway.

So, from the morsels of info we could gather it seems not too likely that Reed will be a Raven next season.

But, of course, there's the caveat: who could possibly make any credible predictions about Reed? Probably not even himself :)

bio

[quote name='Bohica5' timestamp='1357523393' post='1295778']
If Kruger out prices himself there are 2 more coming up playing@Utah.....Younger-Bigger-Faster.....Keep you're price reasonable Paul......or we WILL cut you....
[/quote]

I.E. - Adalius Thomas and Bart Scott

"2nd and 8... luck is..... ... Ducked"

I love it!!!!!! krugger eats QB for lunch... and nothing tastes better than manning meat... feed the beast!!!

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1357523501' post='1295787']
According to sumours, people inside the franchise are taking it as a fact that he'll be gone - either retire or go elsewhere if he receives a good enough offer - and if he's available, he no doubt will. It even seems likely that he wouldn't receive the tag even if the Flacco deal was made - and anyway he would reportedly be upset about getting tagged anyway.

So, from the morsels of info we could gather it seems not too likely that Reed will be a Raven next season.

But, of course, there's the caveat: who could possibly make any credible predictions about Reed? Probably not even himself :)

bio
[/quote]

Couldn't imagine him in another uniform honestly.

[quote name='baltimore1975' timestamp='1357523410' post='1295780']
Yes I understood that. I was just stating "why should we look for someone else?". If we gave Cam 4.5 years, why not give Caldwell a shot?
[/quote]

Well, I wasn't trying to imply we SHOULD be looking for a new OC - although we all know Ozzie's policy is to always look for the best possible option - even if we have a good one. So, I guess if there's a guy who seems to be a better option (Turner, e.g. - that could be an option...), then why not change?

So, I just used that wording because the FO hasn't yet said anything about Caldwell's long-term chances (and surely, they never will - we'll see the results)

bio

[quote name='baltimore1975' timestamp='1357523594' post='1295795']
I.E. - Adalius Thomas and Bart Scott
[/quote]

The 2013 UFA-corps is breathtaking. With the sole exception of QB (where Flacco is by far the hottest name), all other positions have pro-bowl-like UFA lineups.

bio

[quote name='baltimore1975' timestamp='1357523693' post='1295801']
Couldn't imagine him in another uniform honestly.
[/quote]

Well, you're not alone with that.

but... I guess that was the same with a lot of other players... Namath, Unitas, Favre, Manning, Emmit Smith, Shannon Sharpe, Montana - just to name a few. And hands on heart... If a player has a chance to get one more fat contract, thus providing extra millions for his family - who can blame them for casting loyalty aside? That's not nice, i know... but neither is the world.

And, BTW, that's why the Ray Lewis-story is even more exceptional: I have a very hard time coming up with another SB-era NFL-player that was drafted, became a legend and retired from the same franchise, never once playing in another NFL-team's jersey. That's close to unique. And it's one of the reasons I hope Ray will be able to conquer the temptation the next couple of years to come back - maybe to another franchise (I can't help thinking the Dolphins could think of trying to lure him in for one more season in a couple of years) - because we all know the temptation will be there... Just like Favre couldn't resist, and like Deion Sanders gave it another try in Baltiomre, years after retiring. If there's a player it would be more than shocking to see in another NFL-team's uniform, it's Ray Lewis...

bio

I just hope he doesn't get his bonehead penalties anymore this season...reminds me of when Suggs used to play beast mode and then get hit with an unsportsmanlike penalty.

BUT...today was stellar!!!!!!!!

Kruger looked good for sure. There were two times he was right in front of Luck and didn't get his hands up which surprised me, but you gotta like his game...

[quote name='GoldRaven' timestamp='1357519416' post='1295584']
I don't know if I can trust Ozzie in the Post Ray Lewis Era! He's too conservative and he has a history of taking apart this team (Most notably after the Superbowl season).

History say that we might let Paul Kruger go, which will infuriate me liek when we let Adalius Thomas go! We can't have that!
[/quote]

After the Super Bowl win Teams offered players more money than they may have deserved. Like a Kim herring , rob Burnett, etc. that trend has continued for years now with teams taking mostly defensive players from us especially when a former coach moves on to another team. And some things couldn't be helped ( Jamie Sharper and jermaine Lewis being apart of Texans expansion draft nothing could be done. ) or how they got Grbac to replace Dilfer then he retires.

Adialus Thomas I felt should have stayed a Raven but I can't remember if the Ravens offered him similar money or not. Sometimes players rather go somewhere different to try and become "the man or a star ". Like Josh Wilson did us.

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1357524365' post='1295831']
Well, you're not alone with that.

but... I guess that was the same with a lot of other players... Namath, Unitas, Favre, Manning, Emmit Smith, Shannon Sharpe, Montana - just to name a few. And hands on heart... If a player has a chance to get one more fat contract, thus providing extra millions for his family - who can blame them for casting loyalty aside? That's not nice, i know... but neither is the world.

And, BTW, that's why the Ray Lewis-story is even more exceptional: I have a very hard time coming up with another SB-era NFL-player that was drafted, became a legend and retired from the same franchise, never once playing in another NFL-team's jersey. That's close to unique. And it's one of the reasons I hope Ray will be able to conquer the temptation the next couple of years to come back - maybe to another franchise (I can't help thinking the Dolphins could think of trying to lure him in for one more season in a couple of years) - because we all know the temptation will be there... Just like Favre couldn't resist, and like Deion Sanders gave it another try in Baltiomre, years after retiring. If there's a player it would be more than shocking to see in another NFL-team's uniform, it's Ray Lewis...

bio
[/quote]

With those list of players I have to realize that anything can happen. You made some good points!

This is gonna be an interesting offseason... We need to get this ring first and foremost. But with Flacco, Ellerbe, Kruger, Ed Reed and Oher all up for contracts... smh I hate to think about who may not be back... of those 5... somebody is gone :(

Kruger, Ellerbe and Flacco must be brought back as top priorities. But just as important is the draft with it being incumbent that the drafters hit pay dirt on as many as possible with special emphasis on the D line and backfield.

I really hope Kruger gets a Ravens contract this year. And as for Ellerbe, I'm really concerned about him being riddled with injuries. I wanna see him have a great career, but he jut can't stay healthy.