Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Anquan Boldin Knew He’d Have A Big Day

46 posts in this topic

The Ravens receiver set the franchise record for most receiving yards in a playoff game.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Anquan-Boldin-Knew-He’d-Have-A-Big-Day/69c89bb1-a4e4-4ff2-95db-425fb2876bbb]View the full article[/url]

Boldin was unstoppable. I like Caldwell's plan of attack. And how about the TD run by Vonta Leach. Something is starting to really click.

Boldin's TD catch is the same kind that Lee Evans couldn't hold on to in last year's AFC Championship game against the Patriots. The defender had his arm inside Bolden's but Anquan simply outmuscled him and kept the ball against his body.

Too bad Joe didn't throw that pass to Q instead of Evans - we'd have been in the Super Bowl for sure!

I can't stand it whn people hate on Boldin. Watching him perform these last two years has made me realize what an unbelievable job he's done. He may not have the speed or the moves of younger players, but watching some of his catches via NFL Replay, seeing he commits his entire body to punishment to get to the ball makes me realize just how great a receiver he is.

Great job, Anquan! You really shone today. Go Ravens!

%u201CI went up to him before the game and told him I felt like 200 yards today,%u201D Boldin said. %u201CI don%u2019t know if he thought I was joking, but he gave me a shot in the second half.%u201DBoldin, who is in his third season with the Ravens, said it was games like this that he had in mind when he came to Baltimore.%u201CI was real motivated [today],%u201D Boldin said. %u201CI%u2019ve said it before, I came to Baltimore to win a championship. That%u2019s my goal.%u201D

^ keep feeling all throughout the playoffs and ultimately to a Superbowl Championship in a few weeks Q!

~Mili

A true pro & a true Raven. I'm just mad it took us so long to get him. Separation doesn't matter much when you've got strength & ball awareness like Q does. Baltimore would be crazy to not resign the guy next season. #BOLDINMORE

Man, GREAT game today boldin, Keep it up and play like that in denver. Thats a good sign if we throw to him both halfs of the game.

I bashed Boldin recently for being slow and old as a wideout, well I just ate my words all day today! He must of found the fountain of youth! Wow, great job Q!

I just wonder why they didn't call defensive pass interference on the play; the defender never made a play on the ball!?!? I guess we don't pay our refs enough!?!

Q - You played like a man amongst boys!!

[quote name='The Voice' timestamp='1357521694' post='1295685']
I bashed Boldin recently for being slow and old as a wideout, well I just ate my words all day today! He must of found the fountain of youth! Wow, great job Q!
[/quote]

Is it me or whenever Joe goes deep to Boldin they are always in sync? Imagine how things will be if he is in sync with Boldin and Smith in the same game?

alright im a say it flacco was just chucking those balls up Q just made the plays ... we have to run the ball better if we are going to be successful

Great game tho Q ! He is the man that steps up and makes a play when every body else isdoing terrible

Great performance Q ! ESPN and NFL Network keep showing the Boldin TD. Butler the defender had back to play and clearly interfered with Boldin even putting his hand in Q's face . Not only was the flag not thrown but no commentator would say anything about the interference. Only a great catch by Boldin saved the day!

BOLDIN still can play but it Flacco that is slowing our WR corp down. WR can only be as good as his QB

[quote name='iBleed_Purple52' timestamp='1357522620' post='1295731']
alright im a say it flacco was just chucking those balls up Q just made the plays ... we have to run the ball better if we are going to be successful
[/quote]

"Just chucking the ball up??" Those were very good throws. Why can't you people give Joe any credit for anything? If Joe didn't get the ball to Q, he couldn't have caught them. Jeez!

This was a clinic on how to catch a ball in the end zone when someone sticks their arm in there to break it up. You catch the ball and the arm together. Too bad Lee Evans didn't know that trick.

For anyone thinking that we"d be releasing Boldin this off season to save cap space and that we"d make Doss our.new possession receiver, I think that idea bit the dust today.

this isn't the first game boldin came out and did his thing!!! this guy wants to win, and he plays like it!! i hope they keep him around, hes TUFF!!!!!

What A game by EVERYONE! Offense , Defense , Coaches , Special Teams, By Us FANS! By RAY LEWIS! Flacco, Boldin, everyone... I loved Ray final dance, I love this team, being a fan of this team is just Awesome... WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL, RAY AND REED cant leave the NFL without a Lombardi! Go Ravens , keep it going! What a game Everyone.

Boldin has such strong hands its crazy and he's so physical he doesn't get knocked off his routes.. He's a perfect 3rd down clutch receiver Q just makes play after play.. He's gonna continue to be instrumental to our playoff successes.

If you're doubting our chances against Denver on Saturday, go watch the postgame interview Boldin gives, and check out the last part ( 03:50 - 04:18 ) where he lets you know what he thinks about his upcoming game.

Best part:
[b]Reporter[/b]: "Anquan, why do you think it will be different for the Offense this time around?"
[b]Anquan[/b]: "[i]We'll [b]make[/b] it different.[/i]"

Sounds subtle on paper, but just the way he says it convinces me that he is seriously waiting for some payback.

i was beginning to think that this was Boldin's end of the line, with us lately letting older players slide to save the veteran paychecks, but he saved the day for us...He was very physical in attacking the ball and Joe is going to suffer when he is gone...Q saves so many interceptions by running through the DB's to get to the ball on comebacks so often...i for one think he has another 2-3 years of productive football left in him.... hope we can afford to pay up, esp with Kruger jacking his own price up....i know we save a little with big Ray coming off the books so its going to be another one of those offseasons for us...

Many of Flacc's passes were quite ugly...Yes Doss should have caught those two passes but he would have had them a lot more surely if they werent so high...Torrey made a huge high jump catch that surely saved an interception that would have hit the DB in stride...Q attacked the ball and took it a few times on toss ups...Joe did throw a thing of beauty to Boldin down the sideline though in stride...we need more of that... we also could use more 2 tight end sets...they are both physical guys and we need to gauge dicksons value since his time is up and we already know Pitta = Heap2.0

I wonder what Rice's contract would look like if we knew what we had with Pierce... i love rice, but i think we may have gotten a little bit more of a discount had we not been in such a need...Pierce did average a half yard more per carry this year and some of that was behind second string lineman blocking first string defense

For all the doubters who think Q is finished or is a "speed" receiver heres a little background check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPaFFZs73Mw

Im hoping some of the defense are just hobbling because of lingering injuries, but Suggs and Ngata are not themselves....Ngata has been a non-factor since starting off with a hot month and huge numbers..he hasnt defended a pass since the first game of the season and he is has 5 each for the past two seasons..he had 30 tackles in his first 6 games and 3 sacks, but in his last 8 he only had 21 tackles and 2 sacks...meanwhile Suggs averages less than 3 tackles a game and has just one sack in the 7 games since his season debut in houston...i think we have some real injuries, but they will soldier through and players need to step up...

This confidence definitely needs to continue next week. The more creative our passing game gets against Denver's defense, the better off we'll be.

I don't think I've ever seen a receiver take the ball AND the defender's arm down to the end zone the way Anquan did Sunday. That Colt defender was like a tuna flopping on the end of the fishing line!

And I'd like to know the vertical clearance on Torrey's jump for that reception. I believe he was looking out over the top of the stadium for a bit!

Boldin's preformance might make Champ Baily decide that Torrey is less of a threat. Tandon and Pitta will flourish. Our O-line will be the "key" to our success in Denver. Joe looked erratic throwing and WE made some better than average receptions. Boldin always is a threat,Cam's schemmes hurt his production not his ability. Joe needs to be elite on Saturday and the RAYvens will move on to Houston to get revenge on the Texans.

[quote name='axisofeeble' timestamp='1357566531' post='1296490']
Boldin's preformance might make Champ Baily decide that Torrey is less of a threat. Tandon and Pitta will flourish. Our O-line will be the "key" to our success in Denver. Joe looked erratic throwing and WE made some better than average receptions. Boldin always is a threat,Cam's schemmes hurt his production not his ability. Joe needs to be elite on Saturday and the RAYvens will move on to Houston to get revenge on the Texans.
[/quote]

Doss may not see the field again this post-season, after his performance yesterday. He was the biggest disappointment, aside from the out-of-character Rice fumbles. Q isn't going to be here forever and we need Doss to step up and show he can take eventually be that guy. We don't need a WR3 who is going to drop big passes - we've been there before.

Joe doesn't have to be "elite" for us to win. He just needs to be the best that Joe can be - however you want to define what that is. The key will still be the ability to run the football first and Joe's game will fall into place. Last time - with Yanda out - we couldn't run the ball on DEN to save our lives.

Peyton Manning can't even throw that "Rainbow Bridge" pass that Joe threw. I've never seen a pass sail so high and long and come down in "just the right spot"...no wonder the announcers were so impressed with the Ravens dominance on both sides. Our Red zone defense is stronger now than it has been all year. It will play a big part in our success throughout the playoffs..

I am excited to play Denver. It's certainly not going to be a blow out like the last time. Our defense is healed and our offense understands that we are going all the way for Ray! Let's go Joe, play inspired football.

BOLDIN is a beast.... If I were Flacco.... I would throw that ball to him wether he is open or not! I dont think I would have a lot of incompletions. Boldin has a way of making flacco look good! and part of being great is simply knowing your strengthes and weaknesses...

BOLDIN is clearly a strength!