Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Game Recap: Colts vs. Ravens

94 posts in this topic

The Ravens defense didn’t allow the Colts into the end zone in a 24-9, wild-card win.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Game-Recap-Colts-vs-Ravens/a032ad80-8e26-4d79-867c-b14790f5137e]View the full article[/url]

Let's not forget that they lost their OC hours before the game and had a guy calling their games who's never ever done so...

TBH, I thought our D would dominate such a handicapped O with a rookie QB much more... They made 419 yards on us - once again, with their OC out. Also, they made 25 first downs - 7 more than we did. They barely had any 3-and-outs. They also had the ball for 15 minutes more than we did - that's a whole quarter.

Sorry, but I wouldn't call that an especially glorious outing for the D.

bio

We should CRUSH the denvers next week.........Yea Bio, I think we need to look at their qb coach as a possible O coordinator for next season....

Let me preface this by making it known that I'm agnostic: The shirt Ray was wearing says it all. If you haven't, read Psalms 91.

We're gonna get it this year.

It good to know that we have Q who would rather rip a defenders arm off then to let a TD be knocked out of his hands.

[quote name='cobrajet' timestamp='1357515580' post='1295346']
Any word on Ellerbee? I pray he is ok, we need that guy!
[/quote]

Harbs said in the post game interview that he has a ankle sprain and doesn't know the full extent of it yet.

I thought the Colts OC had two seasons as OC previously, at least that's what I saw on a graphic.
Seemed to me he called a good game.

Ravens D was superb in my view against a strong team, future pro ball QB, and not so shabby creative playcalling.

I thought the D was glorious.

[quote name='FitzaFlaccoFan' timestamp='1357516894' post='1295421']
I thought the Colts OC had two seasons as OC previously, at least that's what I saw on a graphic.[/quote]

If that's the case than I was mistaken on that - I believe someone on TV said the guy has never before made a call.

Edit: checked: yes, he's been an OC multiple years on college level and one season in Tampa Bay, plus two seasons in Indy. So, whatever that guy said on TV wasn't true. My bad.

bio

Time to kill some ponies the so called "experts" are already counting the Ravens out I smell a SB brewing in Baltimore's future

Another whole artical without a mention of Ellerby?
The boy played with a passion today. He couldn't have been far behind Lewis in tackles today. What's a guy got to do around here for a little love? :-)

We have to resign our jared allen aka paul kruger. That dude is a beast. I don't care how much just get it done ozzie. He might be the best pass rusher on our team if sugg is injured.

[i]Kudos to Jim Caldwell for a great game plan!!! I'm thinking it must have been sweet for him, for us to get the win against the Colts![/i]

Great job Guys, now play smarter next week. Manning won't be so easy on us

Lets hope our Defense can repeat their first Super Bowl run, where they did not allow a TD!!! That would be incredible!!! If we can keep Kruger and get Suggs healthy our sack totals will be record breaking!!!

The important thing is for not only the defense but the enitre team to be consistent. Big ame next week Lets Send Ray & possibly Ed out right!

It was scary at times watching the Colts move down the field consistently. Pressure on Luck was the key and I hope we can do this against Manning .

The one thing I don't like is flacco never get credits for most of the time. He plays exceptionally well today. No turnovers and we saw mobility (thank goodness). THis guy is money. SOme of the throws he made, he got an amazing arm and just need to improve those little ares and I have no doubt he will do it eventually. Those idiots from Nfl network nevers respect flacco. Well, he just got to go out there and prove those doubters wrong.

Off topic. BUT I AM GETTING FED UP WITH ESPN BEING SO BIAS towards teams. Want a good example right now go to espn.go.com go to the football section. And the article that says thanks for the memories read it. That offended and pissed me off. It is written by ESPN Reporter Ashley fox.

What a great week in sports for me first my Louisville Cardinals beat Florida in the Sugar Bowl and today my beloved Ravens Win and start their journey to the SB

The only criticism I have of this game is the defense always struggling on 3rd down, when they needed to get off the field the most.

ravensforsb
Posted
25 minutes ago

Off topic. BUT I AM GETTING FED UP WITH ESPN BEING SO BIAS towards teams. Want a good example right now go to espn.go.com go to the football section. And the article that says thanks for the memories read it. That offended and pissed me off. It is written by ESPN Reporter Ashley fox.

She can sat (hate) all she wants. Come sunday we will see what this ride has in store for us. We are hungry remember Manning struggles in the playoffs all the time! Lets see some 2000 Defense out there flying around.

@ravensforsb - I know what you mean (ravensforsb). I checked multiple sports websites, multiple newspapers and practically everyone of them was picking the Colts to win this game. Now I don't know how much of that was a sentimental pick towards Chuck Pagano and everything he's gone through, but come on. Don't get me wrong, I love Pagano, and Andrew Luck has an extremly bright future ahead of him. But it seems like everyone forgot that Luck is a ROOKIE going into his first ever playoff game in one of the most hostile environments in all the NFL against a team that rarely loses at home.

[quote name='Zeus' timestamp='1357519923' post='1295610']
Great job Guys, now play smarter next week. Manning won't be so easy on us
[/quote]
Revenge is a dish best served cold. Hopefully, our healthier defense will have no mercy on him. :)

You have to look at the defense as a scheme. We were giving the colts all the dink and donk stuff. We just wanted to stop the big plays.The colts moved the ball because we played it that way and when it mattered they couldn't make plays. Bottom line the colts scored 9 pts