52 replies to this topic

#1 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

I love the guy...but how come it's never acknowledged that he has generally been ineffective in the playoffs outside of that one game @NE in 2010. I was scared that his fumbles would spur another Divisional Round @PIT type meltdown, but thankfully Boldin, Flacco, and Pierce came to play.

The question is, how do we split the carries in the games ahead, knowing Rice's playoff history and the fact that Pierce got 33 more yards on 2 less carries?

#2 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Take it one game at a time. He can fix all that stuff in practice this week. Give a quarter, perhaps an entire half and if he is still not producing, then I think you start giving Pierce the majority of the carriers.

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO GOOD OR PEACE, NOR SHALL THEIR SUFFERING EVER CEASE
logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#3 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Rice's stats today were worse than Bryce Brown's in his debut! Against a bottom-5 run defense, too.

SIG CENSORED BY THE MODS

#4 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,179 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Rice is more effective in the recieving game than Pierce. But Pierce might be starting... Better RUNNER.

#5 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,823 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

In the game against the Colts Pierce was clearly our best RB and the Flacco to Boldin connection saved our asses. But don't ask me, what is up with Ray Rice. It is really odd to see him perform sometimes in those playoffs situations. He is usually so dependable and to see him fumble the ball...shesh.
In his defense however, Flacco and Rice are the two players that got us to the playoffs in the first place, when our defense had a horrible start in this season.

Edited by PolishRifle, 06 January 2013 - 05:21 PM.

bJNF689.jpg

#6 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I said the same thing and got blasted on this forum.

#7 rayrayven

rayrayven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Ray Rice is the first guy defenses key on. Not Flacco, not Smith etc. Until Ravens can block against a defense keyed to stopping Rice he cant have a big game in playoffs. You are playing top teams with good defenses. The star RB is the first player they try to stop and most times they do. Its easy to come off the bench as an unknown. That's not ane xcuse for the turnovers though. Ray was a little sloppy today. How many bad games has Rice had? How many bad games has Flacco had? Nuff said.Rice still set up the rushing TD with 40+ play. Adrian Peterson didn't break 100 yesterday

Edited by rayrayven, 06 January 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#8 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

He was flat out bad today. No patience at the line, few times he showed a burst, careless with the ball.

Pierce is a faaaaar better HB on the ground. Its not even close really. If we gave Pierce the carries Rice got I wouldn't doubt Pierce going for over 1400 yards in a season.

#9 frank21054

frank21054

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Rice struggles in the playoffs. Rarely does he fumble in the regular season, but in the playoffs its like he is Ryan Matthews out there just giving away the ball.

#10 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,652 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

I wanna see more of Pierce. I love ya Ray, but you don't have the best playoff history and your back ups playing lights out.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#11 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,683 posts

Ray Rice is the first guy defenses key on. Not Flacco, not Smith etc. Until Ravens can block against a defense keyed to stopping Rice he cant have a big game in playoffs. You are playing top teams with good defenses. The star RB is the first player they try to stop and most times they do. Its easy to come off the bench as an unknown. That's not ane xcuse for the turnovers though. Ray was a little sloppy today. How many bad games has Rice had? How many bad games has Flacco had? Nuff said.Rice still set up the rushing TD with 40+ play. Adrian Peterson didn't break 100 yesterday

The Colts have one of the worst rush defenses in football. Defense are keyed in the stop him, but the same goes for players like Arian Foster and he does just fine. It's a fact that Rice has been a disappointment in the playoffs. If Flacco had fumbled the ball twice, even if we still won he would have been killed. I don't understand why Rice is teflon to some people (not talking about you) when it's clear that this is becoming a trend.

#12 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,255 posts

Rice choked in playoff; I'll say 70/30 shares go in favor of Pierce...
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#13 tsizzle95

tsizzle95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

well if they are always keying him, how does he play well in the regular season. and we did not play a team with a good defense today, so you can stop that. i dont not the reason, but he does need to pick it up these next couple games.
Posted Image

#14 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,062 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

I said the same thing and got blasted on this forum.

I've been saying this since we drafted Pierce. That the fans will be chanting his name in a couple years. Its happening a lot faster than I originally expected. I'd like to see more of Rice catching screens and flats and more of Pierce between the tackle. His cutting style plays well with our O-Line.

Lets not forget that Rice has had a lot of carries in his career already. He's was a workhorse in college, and been a workhorse in the NFL.
Posted Image

#15 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hope Rice is done with the fumbles. That couldve killed us vs. a better team

#16 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,203 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

What? Yards gained or the defense keying in on him have nothing to do with almost single handedly blowing the game with fumbles.

I'm hoping he was just mentally spent form the whole Ray L. thing. He knows to carry the ball high and tight, just went brain dead.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#17 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,106 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

I love the guy...but how come it's never acknowledged that he has generally been ineffective in the playoffs outside of that one game @NE in 2010. I was scared that his fumbles would spur another Divisional Round @PIT type meltdown, but thankfully Boldin, Flacco, and Pierce came to play.

The question is, how do we split the carries in the games ahead, knowing Rice's playoff history and the fact that Pierce got 33 more yards on 2 less carries?

It's been mentioned. People try to blame Flacco for the Pitt collapse 2 years ago but it was triggered by Rices fumble. I don't hate Rice but I said we should have franchised and tried to trade him. I really like the way Pierce runs and think he could handle the carries and maybe split with him and Rainey in passing situations. Hes here now though but needs to fix that problem in the post season.

#18 krrock10

krrock10

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Ive been saying this to friends and co-workers for weeks. Pierce runs harder, plain and simple.

Rice is great in space however and we need to utilize him in the screen game more.

#19 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,062 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Ive been saying this to friends and co-workers for weeks. Pierce runs harder, plain and simple.

Rice is great in space however and we need to utilize him in the screen game more.

I wouldn't say he runs harder. But his cutting style seems to mesh well with our O-Line.
Posted Image

#20 calculator

calculator

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

I will revisit this topic one day after Pierce has a bad game, geeze u people.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users