Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bravens292

Osemele at LG

63 posts in this topic

This is similar to the Gino at center thread. KO finally got a shot at LG after playing RT all season. how did he look and may his future be there going forward?

[quote name='Bravens292' timestamp='1357509324' post='1294961']
This is similar to the Gino at center thread. KO finally got a shot at LG after playing RT all season. how did he look and may his future be there going forward?
[/quote]

I think his future is at RT because he has the skills. But we sort of fed him to the Lions. No doubt he'll play better at guard but he has the potential to be on the outside.

Pretty good debut for the young star!! Look forward to seeing how he'll do against Denver's hungry defense.

After this game, I am for keeping KO at right tackle and moving Oher to LG. I'm so disappointed with Oher it's not even funny.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1357509775' post='1294995']
After this game, I am for keeping KO at right tackle and moving Oher to LG. I'm so disappointed with Oher it's not even funny.
[/quote]

whatever it takes to get him to play well. he stood out easily since all 4 other guys played a good game. he singlehandedly made joe work for everything.

Might get slammed for this but whatever,

I really liked the O-Line today. They were able to hold back Mathis and Freeney, the RB's were able to break through for some good yardage, and Flacco was able to send some balls deep.

For at least the rest of the playoffs, I would LOVE if the line stayed this way

[quote name='ravensfan2424' timestamp='1357510468' post='1295043']

I really liked the O-Line today. They were able to hold back Mathis and Freeney, the RB's were able to break through for some good yardage, and Flacco was able to send some balls deep.

[/quote]
Slammed, you might get positive records!
I agree

[/quote]

its the opposite man, it was pretty good. us ravens fans are just frustrated with the individual play of Michael Oher.

Oher is built more like a guard. I'm not sure why they have never tried this.
But this line was better without Bobbie Williams. That guy has been terrible... Worse then Oher.

[/quote]

Nothing to slam you about. O-Line played pretty well. McKinnie was a nice surprise KO playing his natural guard showed why he has the potential to be a great RT. Oher was still the liability like always.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1357509431' post='1294968']
I think his future is at RT because he has the skills. But we sort of fed him to the Lions. No doubt he'll play better at guard but he has the potential to be on the outside.
[/quote]

I disagree. He would make an excellent RT but Oher is a better RT than Osemele and Osemele is a better LG than Oher. Osemele will probably be a better RT than Oher in a year or two but it wouldn't be worth it in the short run or the long run.
If we keep Osemele at LG, Oher at RT, and get a franchise LT we will have 3 positions improved while switching Oher and Osemele would downgrade two positions for a year or two just to get a slightly better RT.

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1357510789' post='1295070']
I disagree. He would make an excellent RT but Oher is a better RT than Osemele and Osemele is a better LG than Oher. Osemele will probably be a better RT than Oher in a year or two but it wouldn't be worth it in the short run or the long run.
If we keep Osemele at LG, Oher at RT, and get a franchise LT we will have 3 positions improved while switching Oher and Osemele would downgrade two positions for a year or two just to get a slightly better RT.
[/quote]

I just don't know how we are going to get a franchise LT in the foreseeable future. Looks like we'll be picking in the back of the draft again. We aren't going to throw money at a free agent tackle. So with that. Oher is still the best LT we have for the foreseeable future (I don't feel happy about saying that).

I love K.O. he reminds me of Yanda because he can play both Guard positions and RT.

I think I like him best at RT. If we could just find a LT it would solve alot of problems on our oline.

Also with the exception of Oher, our o-line played alright I guess. All I know is it seemed Oher got beat every. single. play.

Flock, I could not see most of the game because of my employment. If KO started at LG, who started at RT?
...a little help please.

[quote name='baltravens' timestamp='1357513637' post='1295241']
Flock, I could not see most of the game because of my employment. If KO started at LG, who started at RT?
...a little help please.
[/quote]

Oher at RT and McKinnie at LT.

[quote name='baltravens' timestamp='1357513637' post='1295241']
...a little help please.
[/quote]

Oher was at RT. McKinnie at LT.

:ph34r:

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1357513683' post='1295245']
Oher at RT and McKinnie at LT.
[/quote]
Thanks. I guess McKinnie is out of the doghouse.

[quote name='baltravens' timestamp='1357513743' post='1295248']
Thanks. I guess McKinnie is out of the doghouse.
[/quote]

I have no doubt that Harbs had a one-on-one with McKinnie. Found out where his head is, and knew that McKinnie had the motivation to play strong.

I think that Osemele could play RT in the future, but just because he could doesn't mean he should. He would realistically be a good RT but I think he could be a pro-bowl LG. Obviously we need to fix our tackle situation. For now, this lineup is best. I wanted it all along, but maybe Harbaugh was saving it for the playoffs? I don't know.

[quote name='Blackbird11' timestamp='1357514588' post='1295296']
I think that Osemele could play RT in the future, but just because he could doesn't mean he should. He would realistically be a good RT but I think he could be a pro-bowl LG. Obviously we need to fix our tackle situation. For now, this lineup is best. I wanted it all along, but maybe Harbaugh was saving it for the playoffs? I don't know.
[/quote]

If we get a quality LT in free agency (highly unlikely) or a guy in the draft like Eric fisher then we could move Oher to RT. Oher was up against one of the best rushers in football but it's still no excuse. I'd keep Oher at RT where he isn't terrible.

I'm not sure how I feel about the oline right now.

Freeney and Mathis are not the guys they once were, so I'm less impressed by McKinnie and Oher. They both had average, or below average years. Next week will tell if our tackles are as good as they looked today. I think Indy's bad defense may have made our oline look better, but only time will tell.

KO looked great at LG. Really great.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1357518008' post='1295497']
I'm not sure how I feel about the oline right now.

Freeney and Mathis are not the guys they once were, so I'm less impressed by McKinnie and Oher. They both had average, or below average years. Next week will tell if our tackles are as good as they looked today. I think Indy's bad defense may have made our oline look better, but only time will tell.

KO looked great at LG. Really great.
[/quote]
They are both damn good pass rushers.....

But that D sucks

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1357518107' post='1295501']
They are both damn good pass rushers.....

But that D sucks
[/quote]

Oh yeah I'm so intimidated by Freeney's whopping 5 sacks and 12 tackles... Seriously. What the hell kind of linebacker posts [u][b]12[/b][/u] tackles in 14 games started? Mathis was a little better, with 33 tackles and 8 sacks.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1357518620' post='1295539']
Oh yeah I'm so intimidated by Freeney's whopping 5 sacks and [b]12 tackles... Seriously. What the hell kind of linebacker posts [u]12[/u] tackles in 14 games started?[/b] Mathis was a little better, with 33 tackles and 8 sacks.
[/quote]

Unless those were all ceremonial starts and he didn't play many snaps (which I highly doubt), that is abysmal. He must have been pinning his ears back and going after the QB on literally every play.

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1357518782' post='1295547']
Unless those were all ceremonial starts and he didn't play many snaps (which I highly doubt), that is abysmal. He must have been pinning his ears back and going after the QB on literally every play.
[/quote]
it was the run d. Everything went up the gut.

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1357518782' post='1295547']
Unless those were all ceremonial starts and he didn't play many snaps (which I highly doubt), that is abysmal. [b]He must have been pinning his ears back and going after the QB on literally every play.[/b]
[/quote]

Well, that's exactly what he did today, so I think that's probably it!

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1357517018' post='1295429']
If we get a quality LT in free agency (highly unlikely) or a guy in the draft like Eric fisher then we could move Oher to RT. Oher was up against one of the best rushers in football but it's still no excuse. [b]I'd keep Oher at RT where he isn't terrible.[/b]
[/quote]

He looked pretty terrible to me. The best thing to do with Oher is cut ties with him when his contract is over.

[quote name='T3hRaven' timestamp='1357519638' post='1295596']
He looked pretty terrible to me. The best thing to do with Oher is cut ties with him when his contract is over.
[/quote]

I think trading him to a tackle-needy team might be better.

[quote name='Corvus Amplus' timestamp='1357519922' post='1295609']
I think trading him to a tackle-needy team might be better.
[/quote]

There are a lot of dumb GMs in this league, but I don't think one is that dumb.

I'm going to rewatch this game like I do all the games. But I was very disappointed in the Oline today.

I was shocked to see the line-up that many of us thought would be line up early in the season put out there now in the playoffs with no experience together.

Early on I saw a few plays where McKinnie didn't block anyone at all, then he bounced back the next series with a pancake. Oher seemed to get beat more than half the time, by the speed rush, bull rush even spin moves etc I was happy he didn't commit any penalties.

Birk got drove backwards a few times straight into Flacco.

For a good stretch of the game Flacco didn't have room to step up in the pocket or time to drop back effectively.

I'm wondering if Andy M might be replaced next season.

[quote name='jdynamite' timestamp='1357520271' post='1295626']
I'm going to rewatch this game like I do all the games. But I was very disappointed in the Oline today.

I was shocked to see the line-up that many of us thought would be line up early in the season put out there now in the playoffs with no experience together.

[b]Early on I saw a few plays where McKinnie didn't block anyone at all, then he bounced back the next series with a pancake. [/b]Oher seemed to get beat more than half the time, by the speed rush, bull rush even spin moves etc [b]I was happy he didn't commit any penalties.[/b]

Birk got drove backwards a few times straight into Flacco.

For a good stretch of the game Flacco didn't have room to step up in the pocket or time to drop back effectively.

[b]I'm wondering if Andy M might be replaced next season.[/b]
[/quote]

I would consider McKinnies day as OK. he was inconsistent like you pointed out. glad we never ran the ball to his side. he is awful at run blocking.

Not to be picky but oher did have a false start.

I definitely want Moeller replaced this year too.

Oher had some mistakes but I think people are a little reactionary. Everyone expects us to start 22 HOF players. Oher is a solid hardworking player but not elite. He has a place in our oline.

McKinnie starting surprised me. He's been a great insurance policy so far but having him back changes the chemistry of the oline. He's a great pass protector but its obvious he lacks in the running game as most of our runs go right or up the gut. Oher can do both proficiently if not elite, which to me is why I think CAM went away from him. The added blindside protection really helps Flacco.

Osemele is a legit growing prospect that has started for a playoff team all year. Inside or outside he a solid player that benefits from the experience. He's less good than Oher or he'd have started over him at the more important position.

Thank you all for not slamming me :D

Now, if/when Reid is healthy do they shift the line back or do the Ravens move forward with what they have?

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1357518620' post='1295539']
Oh yeah I'm so intimidated by Freeney's whopping 5 sacks and 12 tackles... Seriously. What the hell kind of linebacker posts [u][b]12[/b][/u] tackles in 14 games started? Mathis was a little better, with 33 tackles and 8 sacks.
[/quote]

they couldn't handle Mathis and Freeney and they aren't good at all anymore. Miller and Dumervil will be terrible to watch.

[quote name='Bravens292' timestamp='1357523160' post='1295761']
they couldn't handle Mathis and Freeney and they aren't good at all anymore. Miller and Dumervil will be terrible to watch.
[/quote]

They couldn't handle Mathis and freeney? Lol... How many times did Joe get hit again? He was sacked once on a fluky bootleg pass. The oline did fine today. Really don't know what some of you watched today. That pocket was pretty clean.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1357523225' post='1295766']
Birk should retire.
Fire Moeller.
Hire Birk.
Problem solved?
[/quote]
Hm...
Ray is retiring
Fire Pees (as a LB coach, keep him as a DC)
Hire Lewis..
But he is working for ESPN.

Yeah that would work

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1357523611' post='1295796']
Hm...
Ray is retiring
Fire Pees (as a LB coach, keep him as a DC)
Hire Lewis..
But he is working for ESPN.

Yeah that would work
[/quote]

1. Wrong thread.
2. Pees isn't the LB coach, and even if he was, he wouldn't be fired.
3. Ray has said NUMEROUS times that he won't be coaching anytime soon.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1357523837' post='1295806']
1. Wrong thread.
2. Pees isn't the LB coach, and even if he was, he wouldn't be fired.
3. Ray has said NUMEROUS times that he won't be coaching anytime soon.
[/quote]
The bottom line was commenting on your idea....
But yeah, a harvard grad teaching Gino and Oher..... Good call

[quote name='Bravens292' timestamp='1357520574' post='1295635']

I would consider McKinnies day as OK. he was inconsistent like you pointed out. glad we never ran the ball to his side. he is awful at run blocking.

Not to be picky but oher did have a false start.

I definitely want Moeller replaced this year too.
[/quote]

I must have missed his false start. Now I was happy the refs missed about 3 false starts on Oher lol

More interesting question, if Reid is healthy next week, does Oher go to the bench? Sounds absurd, but if someone told me Mckinnie would start this game I would've shot that down too.

[quote name='xxhighriser' timestamp='1357538283' post='1296290']
More interesting question, if Reid is healthy next week, does Oher go to the bench? Sounds absurd, but if someone told me Mckinnie would start this game I would've shot that down too.
[/quote]

i would entertain the idea. it can't be any worse than what oher did against INDY. Mathis is an aging pass rusher and oher made him look like he was still in his prime.

Osemele did alright. Everybody got beat at least once. But Oher got beat multiple times. And he continues to kill us with the penalties. Gotta start looking for his replacement. He's so awful. I'm happy for what he did in his personal life. I think it's an amazing story, but he's not cut out for this league.

Reid or Harewood is the question.... Mckinnie earned his job back, and Dumerville is overrated.

Oher on the other hand sucked..... But we keep flipping him around. But Reid is better suited. We drafted him to be a RT.

Osemele impressed. Put Gino at center and flip Yanda and Oher. My opinion

I say MicKinnie, Harewood, Gino, Yanda and Oher with KO as Oher's backup if Oher costs us too big or at all.

I know our cap situation but Jake Long is FA. Maybe he might take a slight decrease to play on a contender. If not that I think trading up would be very wise because Oher was basically feeding Flacco to the wolves today and we can't trust him at LT or apparently RT. Hopefully it was just readjusting to the position today cause I think the line remains like this through the rest of the post season barring injuries. Unless hes adjusting by team.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1357509775' post='1294995']
[/quote]

To be fair to Oher, he keeps moving sides and was going up against one of the best pash rushing defensive ends in the league. Barring any injuries I think the line should remain. By the way, did you read McKinney's comment that given enough playing time KO will be a good Tackle or a Great Guard. I thought that was interesting.