Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheMadRaven

Paul Kruger is the man...

52 posts in this topic

I guess his agent gave him a call midseason and reminded him he was in a contract year.

He's been a monster lately.

Everyone talks about how Baltimore is all about holding onto young talent and letting people go once they stop improving, but we always seem to lose a bunch of promising young guys every year. Hopefully with Ray and maybe Ed leaving, we'll be able to hold onto the best of our young talent.

Moving him to a primarily pass rusher was the best move on D all season. Still needs to work on plays against the run, but Upshaw has been a beast at that anyway.

Kruger played great. Especially when they line him up wide on the left side. But the competition wasn't that great plus it was nice that Justice left the game with a injury.

He needs to duplicate that production next week. Luckily we don't have to worry about Peyton scrambling.

[quote name='hawkprey' timestamp='1357507572' post='1294805']
Moving him to a primarily pass rusher was the best move on D all season. Still needs to work on plays against the run, but Upshaw has been a beast at that anyway.
[/quote]

He is a top notch rotational guy but not a 3 down LB. I have no issues with leaving Upshaw in the first two downs and letting Kruger come in on 3rd. Upshaw set the edge exceptionally well today.

He played his guts out. Love that kid. Has gotten better as the year progressed.

THIS is what FO envisioned when they drafted him 2nd round.

He's always been an above average pass rusher, he just gets his clock cleaned so much on run plays to his side its tragic.

Kruger is playing well but I do not think that bodes well for keeping him. I think he is earning a hefty pay check elsewhere. Who do we pay and who do we let go? We have a lot of talent at risk this off season. Further complicated with having to pay Joe Flacco.

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1357510883' post='1295081']
He is a top notch rotational guy but not a 3 down LB. I have no issues with leaving Upshaw in the first two downs and letting Kruger come in on 3rd. Upshaw set the edge exceptionally well today.
[/quote]
Upshaw is, afterall, the 2nd ranked 3-4 OLB against the run and that's just his first season. Who knows what he can do with experience. I even thought he had an unusual burst today when rushing the passer

As i said before, the Ravens just need to stay the course on D. There is no way you can allow Kruger to walk all this offseason. Last year the guy had like 5 straight games with a sack. This year he is stepping up his game.

Right now, he's playing out of his mind.

Great pass rusher but he's shown this season that he can't handle being a three down linebacker. He got his [profanity deleted] kicked in the run, and he didn't have the juice to rush the passer.

Yeah Kruger has really earned himself some money over the last 8 weeks. Since he moved into his situational role again. His game today was similar to JJ Watts playoff game vs us last year.

Kruger still needs to get better setting the edge and playing the run. He has to become a compete player. Should be interesting to see the money he is offered

[quote name='jdynamite' timestamp='1357524682' post='1295851']
Kruger still needs to get better setting the edge and playing the run. He has to become a compete player. Should be interesting to see the money he is offered
[/quote]

Speaking of setting the edge. I thought Upshaw did a fantastic job with that today.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1357525157' post='1295879']

Speaking of setting the edge. I thought Upshaw did a fantastic job with that today.
[/quote]

I agree Upshaw and Art Jones also did a good job of it today.

Unlike Kemo whom got washed out much too often.

I do hope somehow we can keep Kruger next year, but if we go really far into the playoff with his consistent as today performance, a truck load of money will be parked in front of his house and we do know that truck doesn't belong to the Ravens.....

[quote name='Latch' timestamp='1357524232' post='1295826']
Pollard described him as "Juiced up Jesus". 'Nuff said!
[/quote]

lol, love this.

Maybe the money Ray saves us will help sign him.....or Boldin....or other FA's. Ugh.

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1357526070' post='1295915']
I wonder if BAL might move Kruger over to MLB to replace Lewis next season?
[/quote]

That's a big NO. Kruger doesn't have the presence in the run game, isn't the best in coverage, too big for MLB, as well as many other reasons. His best position is as a situational pass rusher.

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1357526070' post='1295915']
I wonder if BAL might move Kruger over to MLB to replace Lewis next season?
[/quote]

Doubtful, in my opinion. Doesn't have the range or lateral agility to play inside.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1357526176' post='1295918']
That's a big NO. Kruger doesn't have the presence in the run game, isn't the best in coverage, too big for MLB, as well as many other reasons. His best position is as a situational pass rusher.
[/quote]

Could you envision any Raven being moved over to MLB, or do you think BAL will just acquire one elsewhere?

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1357526361' post='1295924']
Could you envision any Raven being moved over to MLB, or do you think BAL will just acquire one elsewhere?
[/quote]

Terrence Cody. Definitely Cody.