Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ravens_4life

Divisonal Playoffs @ Denver

1,355 posts in this topic

well after cincy lost we are most certain were going to denver next weekend. that is if we win tomorrow. this is the team that blew us out in our own house just a few weeks ago. you know i heard the funniest thing during the pre-game for viks and packers. viks head coach was talking about how ponder was not starting and webb will get the start. then frazier said hopefully ponder will be ready to go next week. i was like huh. stop the dvr and listened again. he didnt say ready to go if we win he said hopefully he will be ready to go next week. maybe i am overreacting. thought it was kinda weird.

Agree that this is premature, BUT,
I have always thought Ray needed to beat Peyton before he called it quits.

Things are falling into place quite well.

I don't have much confidence of them going to Denver and coming out with a win. But, it's an anything's possible league!

Were not going anywhere until we beat the Colts. Either way I wish Webb was back. Our offensive line is going to get demolished as well.

[quote name='Briana4HTexans' timestamp='1357436743' post='1291008']
Good LUCK tomorrow against the Colts
[/quote]

I see what you did there...

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]All I know is, neither Houston nor Indy have what it takes to knock off NE or DEN... so, we will wind up having to face both teams if we're looking at a Super Bowl. Lets use Indy as a stepping stone on the way. Man... NE / BAL -- AFCCG Rematch... here we go again.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Now who's being premature?[/i][/font]

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1357436453' post='1290997']
Isn't this a bit premature?
[/quote]

Bad juju. Shut it down! Delete it! Get it outta here!

[quote name='Ragin'Raven' timestamp='1357436659' post='1291005']
I don't have much confidence of them going to Denver and coming out with a win. But, it's an anything's possible league!
[/quote]

I actually love the Denver matchup. I'll wait until after the Colts game to give my breakdown, but i'm really confident going to Denver

[quote name='Ravensfan23' timestamp='1357436916' post='1291016']
I actually love the Denver matchup. I'll wait until after the Colts game to give my breakdown, but i'm really confident going to Denver
[/quote]

I'm glad someone is.. ;) We'll be in Denver next week and then more than likely New England the week after if we beat the Broncos..of course...if we beat the Colts..

[quote name='ravens_4life' timestamp='1357436201' post='1290993']
maybe i am overreacting. thought it was kinda weird.
[/quote]

Yeah, pretty weird. Just like posting this topic before tomorrow's game.

To be the best, we gotta beat the best.

Brady and Manning. Wow thats going to be tough.

[quote name='Briana4HTexans' timestamp='1357436743' post='1291008']
Good LUCK tomorrow against the Colts
[/quote]
[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1357436815' post='1291011']
[b]I see what you did there...[/b]
[/quote]

me to! ;)

~Mili

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1357436557' post='1291002']
Agree that this is premature, BUT,
I have always thought [b]R[/b][b]ay needed to beat Peyton [/b]before he called it quits.

Things are falling into place quite well.
[/quote]
I believe he did, in 1998 and 2001.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1357437135' post='1291026']

Brady and Manning. Wow that's going to be tough.
[/quote]

Brady and Manning going through Ray Lewis is even tougher.

[quote name='Bruce_Almty' timestamp='1357438778' post='1291090']
Brady and Manning going through Ray Lewis is even tougher.
[/quote]
Not sure about that but Yeah!

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1357437135' post='1291026']

Brady and Manning. Wow thats going to be tough.
[/quote]

To be the best you gotta win the SB. If the opposing teams are all college JV squads it is still a ring.

this is the way i see it. the 3 teams giving this team headaches over the years. indy ended our magical 2006 season in our house. thats the last time we played them in the post season. everybody knows the deal with the patriots. correct me if i am wrong but i dont think we ever beat peyton manning before. i cant recall. when indy arrives tomorrow its gonna be loud very loud. with a rookie qb at the helm i dont see the colts winning. dont care how good luck is. brady, big ben having problems here and they have won superbowls. once we win tomorrow were off to denver. everyone is waiting for this rematch i know i am. they blew us out the first time. that wont happen again. this game we finally beat manning. then were off to new england. these guys ended our season last year. i think the ravens are drooling to get these rematches. its a storybook ending to ray's legendary career. we finally beat the colts, we beat manning finally, then we finally beat brady to go the superbbowl. its going to be seahawks vs. ravens. battle of the birds. thats my prediction.

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1357439075' post='1291110']

To be the best you gotta win the SB. If the opposing teams are all college JV squads it is still a ring.
[/quote]

Fans and spectators will all appreciate the more difficult path if you win it all. I joke with my boy who's a Gianta fan but I respect the hell the team for how they did it both times. The first run they went through Tampa, then a 13-3 Cowboys team and beat Favre in GB in one of the coldest games playey before knocking off an undefeated team. The second run was pretty tough too, going through GB again, a tough Niners squad and putting Brady in the fetal position again. If we could get through 2 of the best qbs of our generation on our way to a title stuff like that can boost our young teams confidence going forward. I'm sure Reed and Lewis would be that much more impressed with the victory too.

J Wow!

I've seen worst upsets than the Colts over the Ravens in the playoffs. Hell, I wouldn't even call that an upset. A 5th seed against a 4th seed.

Plus we have a poll in the Colts thread about where we should travel. Seems like some people want to do everything in their power to curse us.

i agree. baltimore is due for a title. they have gotten robbed a few times over the years. i dont know why baltimore is hated on. every year were in the playoffs and we get written off, like we have no chance in hell of winning. i am surprised were favorites for tomorrows games. i hear it all the time. ravens this ravens that. i am sick of it. was our offense really holding us back the last 5 years or is flacco the problem. maybe its the coaching it can go on til we are blue in the face. the fact is its hard to win 10 games in this league. let alone go to the playoffs. we have been in the playoffs for 5 years in a row, and we have double digit wins for 5 years in a row. people ask me what the problem in baltimore is and why have they not won at least 2 superbowls in the course of those five years. my answer is i dont know. i think getting rid of cam is a huge step. it may even be the answer on why we are not as good on offense as we like to be. but again i dont know. even if we win it all this year those primadonna sports writers will find a way to pick apart our team. i wouldnt be surprised if they said we got lucky. i am justy looking foward to playing next week. i really think this is our year. i think we will silent all the critics.

The script could not be written any better. Assuming we beat the team from Indy as we should, Ray will have the opportunity to play against Peyton and Brady one more time on his way to New Orleans. Makes for a great book! I believe he will have to play 4 more games before he retires. Welcome back to Baltimore, Chuck! As for the rest of the Indy team, may the only LUCK you have be bad!!!!

[quote name='frozen joe flacco fan' timestamp='1357445324' post='1291299']
The script could not be written any better. Assuming we beat the team from Indy as we should, Ray will have the opportunity to play against Peyton and Brady one more time on his way to New Orleans. Makes for a great book! I believe he will have to play 4 more games before he retires. Welcome back to Baltimore, Chuck! As for the rest of the Indy team, may the only LUCK you have be bad!!!!
[/quote]

He did say he has enough for four more games. So say if we don't get to the Superbowl this year, he should come back next year for however many games will get him up to four. ;)

[i]Assuming [/i]BAL wins, they're going to have the fight of their lives! Manning's on a mission and he has the defense and kicker to take back to the Lombardi.

remember our D stopped manning's 1st 5 drives , all 3&outs, if our offense had its crab together we would of won, but who knows we might knock them out of the playoffs.

[quote name='omar586' timestamp='1357447999' post='1291340']
remember our D stopped manning's 1st 5 drives , all 3&outs, if our offense had its crab together we would of won, but who knows we might knock them out of the playoffs.
[/quote]

BAL had a lot of momentum to start off that game, but then DEN's defense likewise clamped down. Air Flacco needs to get it going quickly at Mile High Stadium!

that is correct omar we stopped mannings 1st five drives all 3 and outs in the first meeting. i truly believe if flacco doesnt throw that pick 6 right before the half we has a strong chance of winning. this is different we will be in denver this time around.

[i]i dont think flacco has played denver in denver. that stadium will be crazy loud. i bet we will be at least 10 point underdogs.[/i]

[quote name='Ravensfan23' timestamp='1357436916' post='1291016']

[/quote]
Same here. Of the teams left I think we have the best chance of beating Denver. I don't like the match-up for the Patriots or Texans.

It's also poetic. Beat the old Colts. Beat the new Colts (Manning in Denver). Finish what we started last year in Foxboro in the AFCCG. Go to the Super Bowl.

It would be even sweeter if it was against the Falcons. Flacco vs Ryan.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Flacco has yet to play in Denver, period. The last three times we've met have all been in Baltimore. Here are his stats from those three games:[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Game 23 (DEN): 20/25, 175-yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 2 Sacks, 109.2 QBR[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Game 37 (DEN): 14/25, 196-yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 1 Sacks, 81.4 QBR[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Game 78 (DEN): 20/40, 254-yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 3 Sacks, 76.5 QBR[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Granted, his QBR is going down but his ability to throw the ball and move it are getting better, just have to keep from turning it over and need to keep those OLBs busy at the line, keep them out of the backfield.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]But as it has been said, lets get past that team from Indianapolis first.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Game 05 (@IND): 28/38, 241-yards, 0 TD, 3 INT, 4 Sacks, 57.0 QBR[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Game 25 (IND): 23/35, 256-yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 0 Sacks, 75.4 QBR[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Game 61 (IND): 23/31, 227-yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 2 Sacks, 102.5 QBR[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]With that said, look for Joe to throw the ball about 35 times, complete about 23 of those. Should get 200+ yards, perhaps a TD if Rice & Pierce don't score all of them. I wouldn't be surprised to see an INT or a couple of sacks.[/i][/font]

Do not jump the gun! Let us beat the Colts first.... this is the stuff that brings us all disappointment if we cannot close the deal against the Colts. Always one game at a time even for the fans!

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1357450298' post='1291364']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Flacco has yet to play in Denver, period. The last three times we've met have all been in Baltimore. Here are his stats from those three games:[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Game 23 (DEN): 20/25, 175-yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 2 Sacks, 109.2 QBR[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Game 37 (DEN): 14/25, 196-yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 1 Sacks, 81.4 QBR[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Game 78 (DEN): 20/40, 254-yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 3 Sacks, 76.5 QBR[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Granted, his QBR is going down but his ability to throw the ball and move it are getting better, just have to keep from turning it over and need to keep those OLBs busy at the line, keep them out of the backfield.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]But as it has been said, lets get past that team from Indianapolis first.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Game 05 (@IND): 28/38, 241-yards, 0 TD, 3 INT, 4 Sacks, 57.0 QBR[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Game 25 (IND): 23/35, 256-yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 0 Sacks, 75.4 QBR[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Game 61 (IND): 23/31, 227-yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 2 Sacks, 102.5 QBR[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]With that said, look for Joe to throw the ball about 35 times, complete about 23 of those. Should get 200+ yards, perhaps a TD if Rice & Pierce don't score all of them. I wouldn't be surprised to see an INT or a couple of sacks.[/i][/font]
[/quote]

Pretty horrid numbers! :o Luckily, IND's D is non-existent! :D

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1357450975' post='1291369']
Pretty horrid numbers! :o Luckily, IND's D is non-existent! :D
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I think we're going to see Rice & Pierce run the ball until Indy can show they can stop it.[/i][/font]

I wanted to Cincy to win so bad today so that we could go to NE next week and not Denver!

[quote name='bmore187' timestamp='1357451353' post='1291372']
I wanted to Cincy to win so bad today so that we could go to NE next week and not Denver!
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]You and the 40,000 other fans on these forums. Just wasn't meant to be. At least they kept it close.[/i][/font]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1357451627' post='1291376']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]You and the 40,000 other fans on these forums. Just wasn't meant to be. At least they kept it close.[/i][/font]
[/quote]

Maybe it's better off this way. If you can beat Peyton and his D, you can beat anybody! :ravensquote:

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1357451751' post='1291377']
Maybe it's better off this way. If you can beat Peyton and his D, you can beat anybody! :ravensquote:
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Like it was mentioned above... To beat the team from Indianapolis that was formerly from Baltimore.... then to finally beat Peyton Manning... and then to exact revenge on the Patriots in the AFCCG...[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]You couldn't write a better Cinderella story.[/i][/font]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1357451841' post='1291379']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Like it was mentioned above... To beat the team from Indianapolis that was formerly from Baltimore.... then to finally beat Peyton Manning... and then to exact revenge on the Patriots in the AFCCG...[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]You couldn't write a better Cinderella story.[/i][/font]
[/quote]

Not to mention Lewis' final comeback!

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1357451905' post='1291381']
Not to mention Lewis' final comeback!
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]That's just icing on the cake. ;)[/i][/font]

man, IF (of course) we beat indy and go to denver and come out with the win, I think that would be the most shocking outcome of this whole playoffs.

Man I did not want this to happen. Cinderella story or not, Denver is the last team I wanted to have to play,assuming we win tommorrow. Gah they're very intimidating.

[quote name='redrum52' timestamp='1357441974' post='1291230']
Fans and spectators will all appreciate the more difficult path if you win it all. I joke with my boy who's a Gianta fan but I respect the hell the team for how they did it both times. The first run they went through Tampa, then a 13-3 Cowboys team and beat Favre in GB in one of the coldest games playey before knocking off an undefeated team. The second run was pretty tough too, going through GB again, a tough Niners squad and putting Brady in the fetal position again. If we could get through 2 of the best qbs of our generation on our way to a title stuff like that can boost our young teams confidence going forward. I'm sure Reed and Lewis would be that much more impressed with the victory too.
[/quote]

I am willing to bet that Reed and Lewis realize that all these teams are made up of paid adult professionals, and any team in the playoffs has earned its berth. Do you actually think there is a past SB winning player that looks back and thinks that his victory was somehow less than anyone else's victory? That his ring has less meaning? They are all equal. Its the way that football has set up its playoffs. Sure, during the process the tough victories are fun, but when it is all said and done, the victory is what is remembered, not the journey.

everybody is assuming that denver is going to win it all and they might. one of these so called elite teams is going to get eliminated. someone is going to crumble. i think its going to be denver. they went to the playoffs in 2011 before that i think it was 2004 or 2005 something like that. we have been there 5 years in a row. i see a afccg rematch ravens vs. patroits. this time we walk away with our hands up. i'll admit the only game i am concerned about is the denver because its in denver and people wanna see manning in the dance. i have a feeling the refs are going to make sure it happens. i still think the nfl is setup.

hey imissyoumattstover denver is not intimidating. they had a weak schedule. they will be tested in the playoffs they lost to the good teams falcons, pats, texans. they are not machines they are human just like us. what do you do to bully to get them to back off. you punch him square in the mouth.

if denver had our schedule and did what they did this year then i would be nervous and they would be scary, but they had a weak schedule played in a weak division. we were scary in 2006 when we went 13-3 and look what happened bumped in the first round by the colts. granted we kept manning out of the endzone the entire game but our defense was sick. our offense is coming around our defense is like 4th in the last 6 weeks. if we lose that game its becuase of the refs.