7 replies to this topic

#1 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Anyone played this game? I just beat it and overall it was pretty fun definitely a challenge to beat it on purist mode
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#2 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

I'm I the only person that think Hitman looks like Pitbull?!
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#3 BohBalmerOsbohs

BohBalmerOsbohs

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Dissapointed in it. Its dumbed down and super linear unlike its predecessors

Posted Image

"Talk is cheap. Let's go play." Johnny Unitas

#4 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

I didn't play any of the previous ones so I can't really judge but I enjoyed it some of the missions were overly easy though
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#5 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

I'm I the only person that think Hitman looks like Pitbull?!

A little bit but less idk [profanity deleted]-esque I guess

#6 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Everyone has their own opinion, its perfectly fine. But as someone who has beaten Codename 47 all the way through Blood Money, this was my favorite Hitman to date. And the main reason why is that the game to me has a full sense of cohesion. As much as I loved the other games, there was no real story to the games. The only one that truly succeeded in this regard was Codename 47 and I think that was IMO only because it dealt with 47's backstory and creation. All of the other games simply would have a cutscene I didn't really care very much about followed by Diana giving you your new contract details.

Absolution is a story that is completely driven by (largely) 47 and (slightly) the other characters. 47 has a reason for everything he does in the game and HE (aka the player) is the force that drives the plot and game itself forward. While parts of the story are cliche at times (but really is any new storytelling in any medium not cliche at moments), it really brings a stronger prescence to the game IMO. I am a big proponent of video games being one of the best mediums for storytelling because if its a good story, it basically becomes an interactive movie, which gets a huge thumbs up from me.

In regards to actual gameplay, I think they have improved on EVERY aspect of the series and added some fun new ones. I especially loved the larger emphasis on stealth gameplay and for the large part it was implemented well. The Contracts mode is a fun way to give it some extra replayability, I've already had several competitions with contracts my friends and I have created.

Again, just my opinion. But I loved this game. I'm still trying my second playthrough on one of the harder setting (just played normal the first time through) and it is very challenging, but in a good way.

#7 BohBalmerOsbohs

BohBalmerOsbohs

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Just seemed linear to me. The previous ones had a sandbox feel to them

Posted Image

"Talk is cheap. Let's go play." Johnny Unitas

#8 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

Just seemed linear to me. The previous ones had a sandbox feel to them

I do understand what you mean and I think it has to do with what I mentioned. They are actually telling a story in this one (albeit somewhat cliche) and it sort of gives the game a definitive direction throughout, giving it that linear feel. There were also several sections of several levels that simply involved you getting to the area your next target is in which probably is what also gave you that linear feel. I personally enjoyed sneaking by tons of people to my objectives as unlikely as it was, and in levels where you have an actual target, they still give you plenty of "sandbox" decisions to play around with. As I said, to each their own amigo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users