Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Colts vs. Ravens Game Preview: Keeping Emotions In Check

38 posts in this topic

There are tons of emotional storylines, but the winner is determined between the lines.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Colts-vs-Ravens-Game-Preview-Keeping-Emotions-In-Check/ed9b8c85-ca2e-4852-8c2e-4bfd273f1333]View the full article[/url]

calm down and settle down fellas! stay mentally and physically focused on doing your jobs and enjoying playing the game with Ray Lewis. ride with him! flow with him! embrace the grind with him! battle with him! fight with him! and more importantly...WIN WITH HIM! let's go Ravens!

~Mili

Wow its almost game time! This time tomorrow it will be into the nitty gritty there. I wish I could be there so badly! Go ravens!!

Well it really boils down to 2 things. Time of possession (which means Rice will have a lot of touches) and the play of Joe Flacco. If Flacco succumbs to pressure, and we have several 3 and outs, I think we will have a long day. Otherwise we win comfortably....

Emotions are not an issue for us!

We're the veteran playoff team,... The fans will be amped and they can afford to be but our guys will handle their business!

We just need to execute to control the clock and come away with points every chance we get!

This is gonna be something those young Colts have never seen when the top comes off our stadium. They are gonna think they got swallowed up by a black hole.

off subject i think marvin lewis gets fired on monday. 2 years in a row there offense looks like crap in the playoffs. they could of beat houston with better playcalling

Not taking manning will cost the Ravens and Ray Lewis another Super Bowl. Just keep developing quarterbacks for another 10 years.....it seems to be working....NOT

Looks like we are off to Denver next week after we soundly defeat the Colts. What a game that will be.

Emotions do NOT win games. It is ALL ABOUT being sound, smart, and focused !
PLAY AND WIN- LIKE A RAVEN !

Regarding "missing person", What are you saying? We are the only team in the NFL to make the playoffs the last five years. Last time I checked, Flacco was the quarterback that got us there. We have had a great defense for 12 years. How many playoffs did we make after winning the superbowl before Flacco? McNair took us to one and choked in the first game (against the colts) and two other times when we had Boller and other random guys. The offense is in much better shape that ever before. Just ask any Ravens defensive players!

I just hope Ed Reed doesn't get beat tomorrow. Chuck knows he's a gambler so I bet he will have designed routes for Ed to jump then gets beat over top!

[quote name='missing person' timestamp='1357433262' post='1290882']
Not taking manning will cost the Ravens and Ray Lewis another Super Bowl. Just keep developing quarterbacks for another 10 years.....it seems to be working....NOT
[/quote]

I hear what you're sayin....coulda been worded differently, but do you really wanna be stuck in the same hole Denver dug for themselves? Peyton at any cost....He's won the Super Bowl (once) his entire career....if he goes out in one, good for him...but its the team that will suffer, long after he retires. That said, he's not winnin this one either...Patriots have his number. We have Patriots number. Unfortunately, Peyton has ours....bright side? We have the most influential linebacker to ever play the game sayin this is his last ride....I cant tell you to have faith, but bein the negative guy I am....even (I) do, cheer up

I see missing persons point! He is saying if we have went after Peyton we would win probably 2 more super bowls. and your probably right!
But
1 Peyton didn't even want to come here.
2 we would Not have the money to pay him and Flacco. Sure we could of cut Flacco and be looking for a QB in a couple years. Or we could just stick with the guy who pretty much took us to the super bowl already!
3 even if he wanted to come here he had 98 million reasons why to go to another team,
4 we could cut Reed and Lewis, paid Peyton just to find out his neck was no where near 100 percent!

If the Ravens focus their "amped" up energy on execution and not leave it all in the tunnel when the game begins, we should do well. The key is to have the same energy level coming onto the field to start the game as they have in the 4th quarter to finish it. Start the game cool like Joe, but close it out hunting like Ray. That philosophy will get them to the Super Bowl for the win. Win Streak, Win Streak, Win Streak....
Go RAVENS

How would they have taken Manning? He was WAY out of their price range. They can't just sign anyone they want, or did you forget how little cap room they had at the start of the season? There's no way they could have landed Manning while locking up Ray Rice, and whomever else needed to be signed. It wasn't possible. If they signed anyone, I would have went for Matt Flynn. He's not a proven QB, but would be a solid addition. Then what if Peyton got hurt within that season? Think he'd have taken only $1M in guaranteed? It would have been money wasted. And you still think Joe is the reason they have yet to win a title this decade? Think again. I swear, some people only watch what Joe does, and not what puts him in his position, or how receivers drop passes. It's amazing.

I didnt know the goal in the NFL is to make the playoffs every year ? I thought it was to win the super bowl. Sorry...my bad. The Ravens are best at making the playoffs. I think that is like almost having a baby.

The goal every year is to get to the playoffs which you have to do first to get to the SB. No, we have not gotten to SB yet with this group of players but we sure have gotten to the playoffs for the last 5 and that is no small feat in itself. So, missingperson, be negative all you want. It will get you nothing and certainly no respect from THIS Ravens fan. Go Ravens.

I will not be able to keep my emotions in check as the headline states. This is in fact Ray Lewis' last home game and emotions will be running full tilt today. There better not be any Indy fans at M&T talking smack or they just might get smacked.

This is Ray's day and we're sending him out on a high note to Mile High.

52 Forever !!!

Colts vs. Ravens Game Preview: Keeping Emotions In Check.......
and to perhaps- keep throwable items intended for your television, AWAY from your viewing area ! GO MAALOX! GO RAVENS (RAY-VENS)!

I just hope we don't "Over Emotion" self destruct !!!! As amped-up all this game brings and means. I want a Win like everyone. But I want a Superbowl run more..... and we have alot of teams standing in the path.

Go Ravens !!!

Obviously looking ahead here a bit, but for the second straight year I again have to question the NFL's playoff schedule...

If we win this afternoon, we will play Saturday at 430pm, meaning we won't even get a full week of preparation. Conversely, the Texans, who won yesterday, don't have to play until 430pm on Sunday, meaning they basically get 8 days to prepare, while we get 6.

Would it have been that hard for the NFL to do the reverse? A 430pm game on Foxboro on Saturday surely wouldn't be a problem, and the Broncos game at 430pm on Sunday certainly wouldn't have been a problem.

Also, consider the fact that the NFC seeded games didn't change as far as what time they play. Green Bay will play at the same time Saturday night next week (full week of prep) and the winner of WAS and SEA plays at 1pm on Sunday (full week of prep).

Essentially, whoever wins our game today got the shaft. We would play in my opinion the best team in the NFL, and on a short week in the playoffs.

I get ratings, but something tells me this just smells of stupidity.

[quote name='rmcjacket23' timestamp='1357478798' post='1291504']
Obviously looking ahead here a bit, but for the second straight year I again have to question the NFL's playoff schedule...

If we win this afternoon, we will play Saturday at 430pm, meaning we won't even get a full week of preparation. Conversely, the Texans, who won yesterday, don't have to play until 430pm on Sunday, meaning they basically get 8 days to prepare, while we get 6.

Would it have been that hard for the NFL to do the reverse? A 430pm game on Foxboro on Saturday surely wouldn't be a problem, and the Broncos game at 430pm on Sunday certainly wouldn't have been a problem.

Also, consider the fact that the NFC seeded games didn't change as far as what time they play. Green Bay will play at the same time Saturday night next week (full week of prep) and the winner of WAS and SEA plays at 1pm on Sunday (full week of prep).

Essentially, whoever wins our game today got the shaft. We would play in my opinion the best team in the NFL, and on a short week in the playoffs.

I get ratings, but something tells me this just smells of stupidity.
[/quote]

Boggles the mind doesn't it ? A billion dollar industry and they can't keep a freaking schedule !