37 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,040 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Ray’s dance and Pagano's return generate storylines, but X’s and O’s will determine the winner.

View the full article

#2 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,680 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

On third and short, lets pass the ball to get the first down. No need to chuck the ball deep when we are third and 4. I think Caldwell understands that more than Cam. I don't advise them running end arounds, as it can put you in too deep of a hole if the defense reads it. Just play our game and get Pierce, Rice, and Leach involved.

#3 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,633 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Eisebberg pretty much sums it up!

Cobra, I'd rather see screens or slants too and I agree that Caldwell won't get sucked into that "1-on-1 coverage so let's go deep" trap that Cam always gave Joe the green light to go deep on!

I believe that opponents figured that out and gave Joe E-Lite that look to get him to audible to a deep throw!

There cannot be too much emphasis placed on anyone, but especially Joe E-Lite not turning the ball over and also not going away from the run if it's rough going early on!

Field position is always key! We must with that battle to put extra pressure on the rookie!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 05 January 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#4 Rivera

Rivera

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Sometimes football is important too. I hope Sizzle take over the OLine and welcome Luck to the NFL

#5 Shaky End of the Quarter

Shaky End of the Quarter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

"You can be the King Kong banging on your chest"

Cant wait to see how many King Kongs on the field are gonna be banging on their chest after making incredible plays!!! I personally want to see another Jacoby Jones kickoff return TD or Punt return TD. I wanna see a lot of dancing, I want to see a lot of that "shoveling dance" the one that looks like they are triple scooping dirt out of the field. That has to be one of the all time great celebrations. (Just like #32 James Ihedigbo does in the inspirational video when you log in the site). This song by The Script will always remind me of this "troubled" season and more importantly Ray's departure. I tear up and have a knot in my throat every time I hear it. I think this is the 4th time in a row I play the song and video. :-( It sucks all good things must come to an end.

#6 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Joe needs a no-huddle run oriented qiuck pass offense to negate Freeny&Mathis's pass rush and Ray Lewis must out audible the schemes Chuck Pagano will surely inform his offense about. No one out prepares Ray Lewis............but Suggs is only a shadow of the 2011 defensive player of the year with his repaired Achellies and one arm and Cory Redding is a Colt so it's Sugar Ray surviving on "D" and Joe finally becoming a Super Bowl threat AGAIN like last year. Lee Evans? Billy Cundiff? Lee's go RAVENS!!

#7 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

My 5 questions (and answers):

1. Will Ray Rice get his 20 plus touches ? ... Absolutely and Pierce will see at least 12...those two will combine for 250 plus yards and 2 TD's

2. Which Flacco shows up ? ... The good one, as in the Flacco we saw vs the Giants

3. Will M&T Bank levitaate as John Clayton of ESPN described ? ... No, it's going to erupt like a freaking volcano upon "The Last Dance"

4. What's the final score ? ... 37-13 We're going to crush Indy, period.

5. Will I miss Ray Lewis ? ... Words can't do this question justice. I and my fellow die hard Ravens fans are going to miss Ray like there's no tomorrow. The great thing is there will be a next Sunday vs Peyton, our next victim on the playoff hit list.

52 Forever !!!

#8 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Were all forgetting about our real old nemisis bruce arians he also knows our d well he put together drives in pittsburgh tht sent us packing

#9 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

We are going to wipe the floor with these guys. There is no way in hell we are loosing Rays last game at the House Ray built! M&T bank would get the best press if they changed the name to M&T bank presents Ray Lewis Field at Camden Yards. Flacco is home and will be running the hurry up. Rice is going to play his butt off in tribute to Mufasa. If we loose, call 911 becuase I may jump off a bridge.

#10 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Players that we need to step up if were gonna make this super bowl run
Jimmy Smith/ cover
Micheal Oher/ be smart
Pernell Mcphee/ be physical
Jah Reid/ pass protect
Joe Flacco/ drive our team.work quickly
Torrey Smith/ take over as no1 reciver
Dean Pees/ dial up the pressure
Jim Cadwell/ dont forget about #27
And we will win the superbowl

#11 Shaky End of the Quarter

Shaky End of the Quarter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Would be great if Ray could enjoy his last game (or 2nd to last in case Cincy pulls a miracle) at the bank as stress free as possible. They should put on a show, put on a football clinic like they did the first and last week of the season against Cincy and the Giants respectively. I say the last game of the season was against NYG because nobody really played week 17 for obvious reasons.

Would be great to see so many things.

1-Strong hungry defense, w/ lots of pressure up front. Hopefully some new blitz packages, surprises.
2-Great special teams play. Jacoby Jones for sure has choreographed a special TD dance in honor of #52.
3-Dominant offense- Lots of pounding the rock with both backs, lots of flacco running out of the pocket to extend plays, lots of short passes, slants, crossing routes, smart, aggressive but live to play another down mentality. If Rice gets stuffed use him more in the short passing routes, bang the ball with Pierce who has had more success running the ball when Ray gets stuffed.
4-Run up the score. As we will need to put up a ton of points in order to beat teams like Denver, NE, GB...
5-Oh-Line. Two words: Hold and Open. Hold the rush and open some lanes.

One last thing. Ray, almighty #52, enjoy it. You deserve it. I will be forever saddened I never got to see you play. But will be forever grateful of all the glory you brought to the city of Baltimore and its fans. You have set the bar so high that hopefully every future Raven draftee will aspire to be just like you: hungry, savage, relentless, determined and most importantly a leader. Tomorrow I will rock my #52 jersey with pride.

#12 BillicksEGO

BillicksEGO

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Yadayadayada....every writer tries to over analyze each game..Only formula is if we get Rice the ball in space, and if Flacco has a decent game. Really that simple.

#13 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Win it for Ray

#14 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I cannot wait to see us move on. We are going to the Super Bowl, plain and simple.

#15 J.Flacco#5

J.Flacco#5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Like Jrs034 said, "Win it for Ray".

#16 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

I cannot wait to see us move on. We are going to the Super Bowl, plain and simple.

I think we win and go to Denver. After that, I'm not so confident. But I love your enthusiasm!

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#17 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Feed the monsters. Rice & Pierce.

Use screens.

And don't give up the deep ball.

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#18 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,895 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

To me there is only one question:
Will Joe Flacco play like Dr. Jekyll or will he play like Mr.Hyde?

In the past he has risen to the occasion in the post-season. Hopefully he plays like he is truly capable of in which case we are too stacked every where else to lose!

#19 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,471 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

It's time for this raven team to preform at a high level

#20 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

do not take the foot off the gas pedal on both sides of the ball and show no mercy. no lead is safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users