Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens 6.5 Favorites, But Feel Like Underdogs

41 posts in this topic

The Ravens are almost a touchdown favorite for Sunday’s wild-card game against the Colts.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-65-Favorites-But-Feel-Like-Underdogs/5c022dbd-a087-4144-bb8f-d03bb14806c9]View the full article[/url]

Mr. Downing,... all the stats point to this game not even being close, a resounding Raven victory!

Add Ray's announcement and the hunters back in the "pack", how can the word "underdog" be anything other than a cartoon super hero?

You must have overheard McPhee talking about his chances of replacing Arthur Jones tomorrow!

A waste of time article. Why in the World would they feel like underdogs? Because McPhee says so. Ravens by at least 10!

Same old story. Every big game, its all about how the ravens "feel like underdogs"
Seriously, how many times do we read the same story?

Ravens are 7 pt favorites and climbing in the Vegas Sports Books. Late in the know money is coming in strong for a Raven's cover of the spread. If you wager on that sort of thing. Underdogs? (he-he) Oly we can beat ourselves tommorrow. I hope Pollard can go.

We won't let Indy come here and embarrass us. That would be devastating. Our team came so close last season. Anything other than a Ravens blow out will be a disappointment.

I remember Joe Theismann predicting at the start of the season that the Ravens will win the Super Bowl this year. He put emphasis on it by saying: "I did this back in 2000". All signs point toward it happening, imho. Go Ravens!!! :)

I have a feeling the Colts are going to come out firing (passing). I think our Defense is going to be key. Hopefully, another game the RAVENS win with keeping the score low and the offense must come through with 20 points, maybe 27 in order to win. I know we can beat all the odds they're putting on us, and also the cheap and stupid label as underdogs, that is getting old around here, with a veteran team like we have. Play like a RAVEN!!!!!

[quote name='Popeye the sailor man' timestamp='1357408601' post='1290225']
The Ravens feels like underdogs cause they get no respect,[/quote]

Did you read the part where it says the oddsmakers and pundits favor the Ravens? I wouldn't call that "no respect"...

bio

[quote name='10000 Watts' timestamp='1357418215' post='1290338']
I remember Joe Theismann predicting at the start of the season that the Ravens will win the Super Bowl this year. He put emphasis on it by saying: "I did this back in 2000". All signs point toward it happening, imho. Go Ravens!!! :)
[/quote]

Chris Berman also predicted the Ravens to win the SB before the season started - and yesterday he said he still sees us get into the Super Bowl - he predicted a Harbowl.

Guy must be an avid Ravens-fan... Never seen him bet against us, and never heard him say anything bad about the Ravens...

bio

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1357428392' post='1290641']
(Ahhh... seems like we're heading to Denver if we win tomorrow... The Bengals aren't doing great... :( )
[/quote]

And probably would play New England in a championship game. Texans aren't playing that much better.

For some reason, I am not fully comfortable this time around. This post-season feels weird in that there is a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. I want our Ravens to win so badly for Ray Lewis, coupled with the fact that the only way we do that is with our offense playing long and playing well and scoring points. So it really boils down to Joe Flacco and the offense. Can they sustain drives, stay unrattled and not commit big untimely turnovers? Or are they going to be the same up one day and down the other Ravens O?

Flacco needs to show up big for the next 1, 2, 3 or even 4 games! If he does, we win the Lombardi! Otherwise we will send Ray Lewis into retirement with not so good memories....

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1357428392' post='1290641']
(Ahhh... seems like we're heading to Denver if we win tomorrow... The Bengals aren't doing great... :( )
[/quote]
Let Cincy score to make it a one score game and anything can happen. The Bungles play better when up against the wall... Kind of like Joe.

I just hope we get off to a good start tomorrow and don't have to worry about Joe being "up against the wall".

There's not anyone we cannot beat anywhere in the AFC now that we're inspired by Ray, healing, and have the Twos and below playing as Ones if need be!

We just need to execute, execute, execute !!!

[quote name='Mystigo_Dragon' timestamp='1357429505' post='1290688']
There's not anyone we cannot beat anywhere in the AFC now that we're inspired by Ray, healing, and have the Twos and below playing as Ones if need be!

We just need to execute, execute, execute !!!
[/quote]

The emotion tomorrow will be very high, because of the things you said. If they win tomorrow though, I think the intensity at Denver or at New England will be just as high for their home teams, and I don't think the emotions will necessarily play a factor on the road.

Offense needs to come out with up tempo plays and score fast if not it could very well be a long day. I'm excited to see Suggs and Lewis on the field for the first time all season. D has to stand up. Remember what Ray Lewis said, "Defense wins games." Go Ravens!

[quote name='Ragin'Raven' timestamp='1357429590' post='1290690']
The emotion tomorrow will be very high, because of the things you said. If they win tomorrow though, I think the intensity at Denver or at New England will be just as high for their home teams, and I don't think the emotions will necessarily play a factor on the road.
[/quote]

Ragin', somehow I believe that the Ravens will become a different team offensively tomorrow, a strnger team and that will motivate our guys going forward!

During the 2000 Super Bowl run, Shannon Sharpe's catch and score in Denver seemed to galvanize the team to believe themselves that there wasn't anything they couldn't do!

That was when they became invincible in 2000 and we may have a chance at that happening tomorrow!

[quote name='Mystigo_Dragon' timestamp='1357430230' post='1290725']
Ragin', somehow I believe that the Ravens will become a different team offensively tomorrow, a strnger team and that will motivate our guys going forward!

During the 2000 Super Bowl run, Shannon Sharpe's catch and score in Denver seemed to galvanize the team to believe themselves that there wasn't anything they couldn't do!

That was when they became invincible in 2000 and we may have a chance at that happening tomorrow!
[/quote]

I'm not saying the Ravens won't make the Superbowl. All I was saying is that the mountain is steep. I don't think it's just a matter of taking out the Broncos or Patriots, just like that. If they are going to win, they're going to do it on the road. And playing in Denver or New England is always tough. But anything is possible.

[quote name='Ragin'Raven' timestamp='1357430469' post='1290732']
I'm not saying the Ravens won't make the Superbowl. All I was saying is that the mountain is steep. I don't think it's just a matter of taking out the Broncos or Patriots, just like that. If they are going to win, they're going to do it on the road. And playing in Denver or New England is always tough. But anything is possible.
[/quote]

Yes, I know what you're saying and i agree!

I'm just adding that the tomorrow may prove the inspiration within the team to believe they can beat anybody anywhere just as the Denver game was the turn-around moment in 2000 for our inconsistent offense then!

I'm not willing to predict what will happen. But if you look at all the teams going in this team has about as much recent playoff history as any other team in the hunt and more than most. If they put the experience to work for themselves and execute they could go all the way.

denver, new england , greenbay , atlanta, etc.... whoever when ever our ravens never get the good press we'll see them in new orleans and send ray out right